What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote: I have a bad feeling I'll be going through it again sooner or later with Studio Trigger and Hiroyuki Imashi--I could accept Kill La Kill as a one-off thing, but Darling in the FranXX, the girls in SSSS.Gridman and Promare are really starting to make me uncomfortable.
You do know this is Anime you're talking about here right?
Oh, I do friend. I do...
I know there will always be girls with comically over-sized busts bouncing around getting ogled by all the guys in-universe and in real-life and stuff like that, and although I'm not too happy about that, my real issue is how alot of these girls are only 14. I know that there's a difference in the age of consent, but guess what? I DON'T GIVE A SKREEONK! They're just kids! I don't think kids are hot! And I really don't think it's a good idea to make kids look hot unless you are prepared for every creep coming out of the woodworks to come on to them because this is making sexing-up minors okay.
And yes, I am well aware that this has been going on for a long time, but guess what else? IT'S 2019! This is the 21st century. We are supposed to be working on these kind of problems, and making this world safer for our kids, and lately it feels like a lot of anime studios are going out of their way to add more of these... "lolis" and stuff as some kind of pushback. (Even if they don't really like lolis)
Anywho, to make a long ramble short: I can live with fanservice, but I am never going to be okay with sexing up minors.
I get that, and sorry if I upsetted you.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote: You do know this is Anime you're talking about here right?
Oh, I do friend. I do...
I know there will always be girls with comically over-sized busts bouncing around getting ogled by all the guys in-universe and in real-life and stuff like that, and although I'm not too happy about that, my real issue is how alot of these girls are only 14. I know that there's a difference in the age of consent, but guess what? I DON'T GIVE A SKREEONK! They're just kids! I don't think kids are hot! And I really don't think it's a good idea to make kids look hot unless you are prepared for every creep coming out of the woodworks to come on to them because this is making sexing-up minors okay.
And yes, I am well aware that this has been going on for a long time, but guess what else? IT'S 2019! This is the 21st century. We are supposed to be working on these kind of problems, and making this world safer for our kids, and lately it feels like a lot of anime studios are going out of their way to add more of these... "lolis" and stuff as some kind of pushback. (Even if they don't really like lolis)
Anywho, to make a long ramble short: I can live with fanservice, but I am never going to be okay with sexing up minors.
I get that, and sorry if I upsetted you.
Don't worry dude, you didn't! I wasn't being very clear in that post, so I can understand why you pointed it out.
Also, I seriously doubt you can upset me more than FranXX did :lol:
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Titanoterror98 wrote: Don't worry dude, you didn't! I wasn't being very clear in that post, so I can understand why you pointed it out.
Also, I seriously doubt you can upset me more than FranXX did :lol:
All right.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I guess plumbers were doing some work on the apartment above ours yesterday.

This morning, I went to hop into the shower, and found the drain backed up and the tub full of gunk.

Had to do a basic wash over the sink. I feel gross.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So I finally took my computer in to get fixed and turns out that there nothing wrong with it. The reason it wouldn't work with the Wi-Fi was it was close enough to the router!

I've spent months trying to get it fixed, I even switched my internet service provider (which itself took a few weeks) all for pretty much nothing! I feel like a massive fool.

Now, I'll have to move the thing into my kitchen which is going to be a gigantic pain in the ass, as it well disrupt the everything there and I'm going to have to do something with bunch of really cool framed items that I had arranged around my computer.

I feel really fucking stupid right now.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I just discovered a huge welt on the back of my right knee. I've had a rash there before, but somehow it got even worse, and it stung while I was showering. Not entirely sure how it got there but it might have something to do with sitting on my leather desk chair in just shorts every night for 20 min. at a time.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Well I was almost hit by a speeding car that red light when I was walking home. My chest and right arm hit the side of the car, but no real injuries despite the tire ran over big toe. As soon as the car hit me, it just sped off faster. PLEASE be aware of everything when driving. :mad:
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Grievous wrote:People still celebrating that Aquaman made a billion dollars...
How does that ruin your day? I can see it getting on your nerves, for whatever reason, but ruin? :eh:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Living Corpse wrote:
How does that ruin your day? I can see it getting on your nerves, for whatever reason, but ruin? :eh:
It’s called irrational hatred
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Careful you must be with irrationality, leads to the Star Wars sequels it does.

OT: Just feel under the weather, which ruins my day basically. I hate depression.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Shadow wrote:I hate depression.
I feel you on that one, buddy.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shadow wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Careful you must be with irrationality, leads to the Star Wars sequels it does.
I legit laugh out loud. :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Shadow wrote: I hate depression.
Really? Weird most people Love it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I decided to take the risk in giving The Emoji Movie a shot to see how bad this movie really was.

Wasn't a good idea to begin with...I swear my brain cells committed suicide one by one and I had to stop watching in less then five minutes. I was rendered braindead...-_-

Never had I experienced such an abomination of a film in my life. Folks really weren't kidding.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I decided to take the risk in giving The Emoji Movie a shot to see how bad this movie really was.

Wasn't a good idea to begin with...I swear my brain cells committed suicide one by one and I had to stop watching in less then five minutes. I was rendered braindead...-_-

Never had I experienced such an abomination of a film in my life.
So you're complaining about how bad a movie is, that you watched just to see how bad it was?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Maritonic wrote:So you're complaining about how bad a movie is, that you watched just to see how bad it was?
Pretty much. If I had continued watching I probably would had grabbed a rope, tie it around my neck and hung myself.

A risk I'll never do again.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Maritonic wrote:So you're complaining about how bad a movie is, that you watched just to see how bad it was?
Pretty much. If I had continued watching I probably would had grabbed a rope, tie it around my neck and hung myself.

A risk I'll never do again.
Hol' up.

Knows movie is awful.

Watches.

Movie makes you consider suicide.

You may want to re-prioritize and not actively choose to watch films you know you're going to hate.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Maritonic wrote:Hol' up.

Knows movie is awful.

Watches.

Movie makes you consider suicide.

You may want to re-prioritize and not actively choose to watch films you know you're going to hate.
Its called an exaggeration. Of course I wouldn't go that far its how I felt towards that movie. :lol:

Edit: I admit that was a pretty tasteless thing to say. I'll try to choose my words more carefully.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Living Corpse wrote:
It was an exaggeration on my part.

I'm not fond of people who champion box office returns...which is why I never
mention it when talking about the films I dislike...or like for that matter.
Godzilla21 wrote:It’s called irrational hatred
Possibly...but then is it irrational to hate a corporation/movie studio/filmmakers
that took some of the most iconic & interesting fictional characters ever created
& drop them into the film equivalent of morbid, murky, masculine soup?
Shadow wrote:Careful you must be with irrationality, leads to the Star Wars sequels it does.
That made me smile.

*Looks Around*

Did I get everything?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I was supposed to complete an obstacle course as a prerequisite for a new job. The course was not that big of a deal. But I twisted my right knee so bad it popped. Now I'm limping around, taking some nasty anti-inflammatory meds, and have to re-schedule the obstacle course. Wonderful... :mad: