The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I don’t see why Mechagodzilla city can’t be a location/arena for a match, or anime Ghidorah as a plot point as long as he doesn’t kill any title kaiju in your match.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:As neat as the Anime kaiju are, I don't think any of them are what you would call the fighting type. Sure, neither's Shin, but the Anime kaiju are too gimmicky to make a wide variety of fights around. I'll still add them to the KWCE for the people who want to write fights with them (and adding the MMD powers for Mechagodzilla, as 98% of them correspond with the supplementary material), but I wouldn't expect them to be represented as KWC combatants. It'd also be pointless to add the other monsters (Dagahra, Orga, Dogora, Kamacuras, etc.) as they're not all that different from their film counterparts (just with minor tweaks); just stick to their original / KWC counterparts in that case.

With that in mind, I think the environment has a lot of potential for interesting KWC stories, with the Anime kaiju at best being plot points or set ups to a fight. It'd be interesting to see nanometalized versions of other monsters subject to MG City / the Bilusaludo (in the same vein as monsters being Matango-fied). ;)
I wouldn’t look forward to the anime Kamacuras, Orga, etc. I was just saying if the bacterium could be implemented to Dagahra since his design is identical to the RoM counterpart. And maybe the thermel energy absorption for Dogora. (although I think it might make him a little OP)

But other then that, the idea nanometalized Kaijus does sound interesting.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I don’t see why Mechagodzilla city can’t be a location/arena for a match, or anime Ghidorah as a plot point as long as he doesn’t kill any title kaiju in your match.
*ahem*
KaijuX wrote:With that in mind, I think the environment has a lot of potential for interesting KWC stories, with the Anime kaiju at best being plot points or set ups to a fight.
soulgodzilla wrote:I wouldn’t look forward to the anime Kamacuras, Orga, etc. I was just saying if the bacterium could be implemented to Dagahra since his design is identical to the RoM counterpart. And maybe the thermel energy absorption for Dogora. (although I think it might make him a little OP)

Ahhh, I see. I'll talk with Greyshot about it and see what he thinks, because incorporating one or two of those abilities would be nifty.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I don’t see why Mechagodzilla city can’t be a location/arena for a match, or anime Ghidorah as a plot point as long as he doesn’t kill any title kaiju in your match.
*ahem*
KaijuX wrote:With that in mind, I think the environment has a lot of potential for interesting KWC stories, with the Anime kaiju at best being plot points or set ups to a fight.
soulgodzilla wrote:I wouldn’t look forward to the anime Kamacuras, Orga, etc. I was just saying if the bacterium could be implemented to Dagahra since his design is identical to the RoM counterpart. And maybe the thermel energy absorption for Dogora. (although I think it might make him a little OP)

Ahhh, I see. I'll talk with Greyshot about it and see what he thinks, because incorporating one or two of those abilities would be nifty.
Alrighty, and what about the others from the novel? Like Manda’s Supersonic Wave Cannon? Or what about multiple Black Moths? Because I can see that being implemented of Dr Malik making multiple Black Moths since he can make more then one Bat Men and Giant Rat.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I wonder how many of the people who constantly ask for new stuff actually write any matches using the new stuff.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:I wonder how many of the people who constantly ask for new stuff actually write any matches using the new stuff.
I’m sure that should a new power appear in the monster list, they’ll probably write it down.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltramanGoji wrote:I wonder how many of the people who constantly ask for new stuff actually write any matches using the new stuff.
bet you a 10 bucks never. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

soulgodzilla wrote:
I’m sure that should a new power appear in the monster list, they’ll probably write it down.
see, that's a problem I have with KWC. it's almost always "and then this monster used this power!", instead of incorporating the power in an interesting way

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: see, that's a problem I have with KWC. it's almost always "and then this monster used this power!", instead of incorporating the power in an interesting way
If I remember correctly, the first time Zilla used his Atomic Ray in the KWC, he was injured and was protecting Nick from a nuclear reactor. He then rested for a bit and absorbed the radiation which gave him the ability to fire the Atomic Breath, helping Kong fight off Hedorah.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

SoggyNoodles2016

Nagoda wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: see, that's a problem I have with KWC. it's almost always "and then this monster used this power!", instead of incorporating the power in an interesting way
If I remember correctly, the first time Zilla used his Atomic Ray in the KWC, he was injured and was protecting Nick from a nuclear reactor. He then rested for a bit and absorbed the radiation which gave him the ability to fire the Atomic Breath, helping Kong fight off Hedorah.
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

I mean more just saying "Godzilla used his atomic ray!" and shoving in millions of other abilities you get off the bios instead of considering what a kaiju would use.

Though, I will say that is becoming less and less prevalent.

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

*Looks Around for a Moment*

So...how is everyone?

So I wondering...I'm somewhat of a writer & I'm curious what
the procedure is for submitting a match for the K.W.C?

I'd like to contribute if I can.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Grievous on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Grievous wrote:*Looks Around for a Moment*

So...how is everyone?

Why hello, is this you’re first time here?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So...how is everyone?

Happy to have another fellow member join our writing community. Much look forward to see what you come up with. ;)

SoggyNoodles2016

So...how is everyone?

Fancy seeing you here, General!

Submitting infos here

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So...how is everyone?

I totally read that in Grievous's voice. :lol: Here is the FAQ that goes into details about the KWC. :D
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/faq.html
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

So...how is everyone?

Hello, person I don't know. I'm eager to see what you bring to the table. Well, through either here or email (which is on the toho K.W.C FAQ page), you send it to someone called GodzillavsJason. For the other version, send it to Shippersdreamer by the same means.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

soulgodzilla wrote:Why hello, is this you’re first time here?
Its is for this section...
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Happy to have another fellow member join our writing community. Much look forward to see what you come up with. ;)
Well...don't expect anything revolutionary okay?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

Fancy seeing you here, General!

Submitting infos here
Cheers for the info Soggy.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Grievous wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Happy to have another fellow member join our writing community. Much look forward to see what you come up with. ;)
Well...don't expect anything revolutionary okay?
We’re not always gonna expect that, but we’re both curious and excited to see what you can write.

And like what GodzillaFan1990’s said, its always great to give someone new a nice big Andy’s room welcome to our writing community. :D
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

soulgodzilla wrote: We’re not always gonna expect that, but we’re both curious and excited to see what you can write.

And like what GodzillaFan1990’s said, its always great to give someone new a nice big Andy’s room welcome to our writing community. :D
Well...Thanks for that Soul-G.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Grievous wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: We’re not always gonna expect that, but we’re both curious and excited to see what you can write.

Well...Thanks for that Soul-G.

You’re welcome.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....