What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:My car's wipers are dead. -_-
Oh my God NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Tried to make little video editing stuff to relax...and what I've ended up is stressed because shit didn't end up fitting in completely, and even if at the end I managed to do it, it's probably still shit
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Learning the hard way that all-nighters are not an effective way to to finish assignments anymore. I’m too old and the assignments are too hard...
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

My wife got up early this morning to try to get tickets for the Bikini Kill reunion show in LA, but they were bought up by scalers - er, um, I mean "legitimate re-sellers" (no, I totally mean scalpers) - within, literally, seconds.

Hey, they decided to do a second show... and the same thing happened again!

Right now, tickets ($40 at the box office) are marked up to at least $200, sometimes more.

Thanks, free market capitalism!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:My wife got up early this morning to try to get tickets for the Bikini Kill reunion show in LA, but they were bought up by scalers - er, um, I mean "legitimate re-sellers" (no, I totally mean scalpers) - within, literally, seconds.

Right now, tickets ($40 at the box office) are marked up to at least $200, sometimes more.

This happened to me when Louis CK came to town... you know, before we knew he was gross...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
eabaker wrote:My wife got up early this morning to try to get tickets for the Bikini Kill reunion show in LA, but they were bought up by scalers - er, um, I mean "legitimate re-sellers" (no, I totally mean scalpers) - within, literally, seconds.

This happened to me when Louis CK came to town... you know, before we knew he was gross...
Man, I used to really like that guy. I felt like at times he was actually shining a valuable, critical light on aspects of so-called "toxic masculinity."

Now I feel like he's a hypocrite.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

Man, I used to really like that guy. I felt like at times he was actually shining a valuable, critical light on aspects of so-called "toxic masculinity."

Yeah, he was the only one who went down that I was like really a huge fan of. So smart, so incisive, and so funny. And you’re right, ironically he had a lot of jokes about how guys make things difficult for women. It really hurt when this came out.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

It's sad, because Bill Cosby felt much the same way. It always seems like it's the ones who seem to be making the most valuable contributions to culture, and seem to be using their position of celebrity to do the most good and shine a light on social issues, that end up taking the biggest falls; having the darkest secreta.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:
eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

It's sad, because Bill Cosby felt much the same way. It always seems like it's the ones who seem to be making the most valuable contributions to culture, and seem to be using their position of celebrity to do the most good and shine a light on social issues, that end up taking the biggest falls; having the darkest secreta.
It's almost like these "actors" and "entertainers" are experts in creating false public personae...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: It's almost like these "actors" and "entertainers" are experts in creating false public personae...
Such wisdom..And your wit sir, is truly a wonder to behold.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Zarm wrote:
eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

Tell me about it. I went through the same thing with John Lasseter; the man used to be an inspiration, and now he's just another checklist on the many ways mistakes powerful men, and Disney, have made. I have a bad feeling I'll be going through it again sooner or later with Studio Trigger and Hiroyuki Imashi--I could accept Kill La Kill as a one-off thing, but Darling in the FranXX, the girls in SSSS.Gridman and Promare are really starting to make me uncomfortable.

Speaking of tickets, Weird Al is going to perform with a philharmonic orchestra in my city this August and I missed out on all the affordable seats. There's one B-Day gift off the list...
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Titanoterror98 wrote:Speaking of tickets, Weird Al is going to perform with a philharmonic orchestra in my city this August and I missed out on all the affordable seats. There's one B-Day gift off the list...
Aaaaaaaand that info (as I saw a posting on Facebook earlier for that event) has inadvertently caused me to deduce the city of my fellow Albertan. Without saying what it is, since clearly you seem to want to keep it private, I believe that you and I, sir, are natural-born enemies. Have at thee!!!!

Added in 5 hours 23 minutes 24 seconds:
That last few weeks have been really stressful. We got back to school after winter break and just hit the ground running. More homework than I’ve ever dealt with in my life, haven’t had a lick of free time. Finally it seemed like things were slowing down after I got in this giant assignment.

So today I had a date planned that I was really looking forward to, but she cancelled. Wasn’t her fault, it was a genuine excuse, but then as we texted after I said something stupid and now it’s weird and idk if I’ll get to see her ever after all. It was like the one good thing I had on the horizon in the near future. Well whatever, moving on, I check all my class syllabi, and guess what, there’s still a ton to do. I basically have to get six classes worth of material done this weekend, which is a lot. So I study from getting home to about 11:30 - which is basically what I do every single day.

Finally I decide I’ve earned a break, and it’s Friday after all, so I pop in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I’m about fourteen minutes in when my roommate comes in, asks what I’m watching, and then immediately suggests we watch Bandersnatch instead, that new Black Mirror thing on Netflix where you choose your own adventure. I’m really not in the mood, I’ve seen it before and I just want to chill out with Godzilla, but I’d already told him it was a great thing to watch with a buddy, and I’ve blown him off a lot recently for studying. I think it would have been totally fair for me to just say I wanted to finish my movie, but fuck me I guess I’m too nice, so very reluctantly I say sure. Then as we start it I find out he’s seen it already too, he just really wants to get a different ending. And as we go, it turns out I did all the opposite choices he did the first time, so we’re basically doing my version again. This guy is so disconnected sometimes - like, first of all I was already watching something. Like, it’s a shared tv so yeah he can ask to do something else, but his tone was just so like “I don’t respect what you’re watching so you must not either, of course you’re willing to drop it, let’s watch something new and cool”. Second of all, he just barrels along through this thing to get the experience he wants. I did end up getting a different ending than I’d seen before, and I guess I enjoyed it in the end, but damn I just wasn’t relaxed, I spent the whole time just being irritated at him but trying not to show it.

I dunno. I dunno what the point of that story is. None of it’s even that bad, I’m just feeling so strung out and worn right now from school and from a lack of a romantic life, and then everything today that was supposed to be good took a surprise crappy turn.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

That last few weeks have been really stressful. We got back to school after winter break and just hit the ground running. More homework than I’ve ever dealt with in my life, haven’t had a lick of free time. Finally it seemed like things were slowing down after I got in this giant assignment.

So today I had a date planned that I was really looking forward to, but she cancelled. Wasn’t her fault, it was a genuine excuse, but then as we texted after I said something stupid and now it’s weird and idk if I’ll get to see her ever after all. It was like the one good thing I had on the horizon in the near future. Well whatever, moving on, I check all my class syllabi, and guess what, there’s still a ton to do. I basically have to get six classes worth of material done this weekend, which is a lot. So I study from getting home to about 11:30 - which is basically what I do every single day.

Finally I decide I’ve earned a break, and it’s Friday after all, so I pop in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I’m about fourteen minutes in when my roommate comes in, asks what I’m watching, and then immediately suggests we watch Bandersnatch instead, that new Black Mirror thing on Netflix where you choose your own adventure. I’m really not in the mood, I’ve seen it before and I just want to chill out with Godzilla, but I’d already told him it was a great thing to watch with a buddy, and I’ve blown him off a lot recently for studying. I think it would have been totally fair for me to just say I wanted to finish my movie, but fuck me I guess I’m too nice, so very reluctantly I say sure. Then as we start it I find out he’s seen it already too, he just really wants to get a different ending. And as we go, it turns out I did all the opposite choices he did the first time, so we’re basically doing my version again. This guy is so disconnected sometimes - like, first of all I was already watching something. Like, it’s a shared tv so yeah he can ask to do something else, but his tone was just so like “I don’t respect what you’re watching so you must not either, of course you’re willing to drop it, let’s watch something new and cool”. Second of all, he just barrels along through this thing to get the experience he wants. I did end up getting a different ending than I’d seen before, and I guess I enjoyed it in the end, but damn I just wasn’t relaxed, I spent the whole time just being irritated at him but trying not to show it.

I dunno. I dunno what the point of that story is. None of it’s even that bad, I’m just feeling so strung out and worn right now from school and from a lack of a romantic life, and then everything today that was supposed to be good took a surprise crappy turn.

^ Man, I'm sorry to hear about all of that, mate. Sometimes even the little things just become such a drag and a tug on your life, and I've definitely been there myself more times than I can bloody count, trust me. But hey, maybe that girl you're talking to is the type where she brushes off the, "weird", stuff and thinks nothing of it? Women can be cool like that sometimes. I remember saying the weirdest and most awkward thing on the first date with my wife, and I genuinely believed that, "man, I just screwed this
shit up BIG time". And yet, she somehow just laughed and we carried on, and she's stuck with my ass ever since. Have some hope, mate, and if that girl doesn't respond back, then try not to sweat it too much; there's a proper lady out there for you.

And, if you're grinding hard on your studies and just want some time to yourself, bloody take it! Your flatmate should understand when someone just wants to chill and de-stress after a long day by themselves sometimes. And, next time, you pick the bloody movie and choose whatever fucking Godzilla movie you want. "No, Tim (or whoever your flatmate's name is), we're watching Son of Godzilla tonight, dammit, and you're gonna like it!" Assume your best T-pose and assert your dominance, Canuck!

In all seriousness though, mate, things will get better and easier for you soon; I'm certain of that. Hopefully you have a much much better day today ;).

#BotM

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:That last few weeks have been really stressful. We got back to school after winter break and just hit the ground running. More homework than I’ve ever dealt with in my life, haven’t had a lick of free time. Finally it seemed like things were slowing down after I got in this giant assignment.

Youch. That's a tough run you've had there. And sometimes, after a few huge frustrations and major disappointments, something as simple as, "I was going to watch this movie, and now I'm not" can just shatter that poor camel's spine. Happens to me from time to time, as well. You get through a lot of the really difficult things in part because you have some small, simple pleasures to look forward to, and missing out on them - particularly because they feel like so little to ask for - can seem like life's biggest middle finger.
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:Speaking of tickets, Weird Al is going to perform with a philharmonic orchestra in my city this August and I missed out on all the affordable seats. There's one B-Day gift off the list...
Aaaaaaaand that info (as I saw a posting on Facebook earlier for that event) has inadvertently caused me to deduce the city of my fellow Albertan. Without saying what it is, since clearly you seem to want to keep it private, I believe that you and I, sir, are natural-born enemies. Have at thee!!!!
Easy there, friend. I came here to make friends, but trust me, you do NOT want to mess with a man who's been deprived of his Weird Al concert. (Although, I am grateful that you respect my privacy. :) )

Added in 12 minutes 48 seconds:
Godzilla165 wrote:

Finally I decide I’ve earned a break, and it’s Friday after all, so I pop in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I’m about fourteen minutes in when my roommate comes in, asks what I’m watching, and then immediately suggests we watch Bandersnatch instead, that new Black Mirror thing on Netflix where you choose your own adventure. I’m really not in the mood, I’ve seen it before and I just want to chill out with Godzilla, but I’d already told him it was a great thing to watch with a buddy, and I’ve blown him off a lot recently for studying. I think it would have been totally fair for me to just say I wanted to finish my movie, but skreeonk me I guess I’m too nice, so very reluctantly I say sure. Then as we start it I find out he’s seen it already too, he just really wants to get a different ending. And as we go, it turns out I did all the opposite choices he did the first time, so we’re basically doing my version again. This guy is so disconnected sometimes - like, first of all I was already watching something. Like, it’s a shared tv so yeah he can ask to do something else, but his tone was just so like “I don’t respect what you’re watching so you must not either, of course you’re willing to drop it, let’s watch something new and cool”. Second of all, he just barrels along through this thing to get the experience he wants. I did end up getting a different ending than I’d seen before, and I guess I enjoyed it in the end, but damn I just wasn’t relaxed, I spent the whole time just being irritated at him but trying not to show it.

^ Man, I'm sorry to hear about all of that, mate. Sometimes even the little things just become such a drag and a tug on your life, and I've definitely been there myself more times than I can bloody count, trust me. But hey, maybe that girl you're talking to is the type where she brushes off the, "weird", stuff and thinks nothing of it? Women can be cool like that sometimes. I remember saying the weirdest and most awkward thing on the first date with my wife, and I genuinely believed that, "man, I just screwed this
poop up BIG time". And yet, she somehow just laughed and we carried on, and she's stuck with my ass ever since. Have some hope, mate, and if that girl doesn't respond back, then try not to sweat it too much; there's a proper lady out there for you.

And, if you're grinding hard on your studies and just want some time to yourself, bloody take it! Your flatmate should understand when someone just wants to chill and de-stress after a long day by themselves sometimes. And, next time, you pick the bloody movie and choose whatever skreeonking Godzilla movie you want. "No, Tim (or whoever your flatmate's name is), we're watching Son of Godzilla tonight, dammit, and you're gonna like it!" Assume your best T-pose and assert your dominance, Canuck!

In all seriousness though, mate, things will get better and easier for you soon; I'm certain of that. Hopefully you have a much much better day today ;).
Sorry to hear you're day took such a crap turn. I've put up with and gone through pretty similar stuff, myself. I've said dumb things to friends and had my time with my favourite show ruined, too. However, I wouldn't beat yourself up venting about it--opening up about a bad day, no matter how bad it really was--can only help you feel better.

I'd take Godzilla165's advice, for sure. Not only do I respect a man who uses T-posing for asserting dominance, bu I also agree with a lot his points. If that girl doesn't come back, let her go and wait for the right one to come into your life. And if she does, hey, that means she likes you for who you are and will accept those weird bits, no problem! And as for the TV stuff, sometime's you just have to have some patience. You have no idea how many times I wanted to scream my head off at my Dad for channel-surfing over actually watching one of our PVR'd shows, but I just did my best to keep my cool, let him have his fun no matter how frustrating it may be, and then just carried on. Besides, like G165 said, there will come a day when your friend will have to watch what you want, and you can subjugate him to all the Godzilla you want! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

*Ahem* Uh, anyways, yeah. Just keep calm and carry on, my dude. Things will get better sooner or later.
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Thanks for the words of commiseration and encouragement everyone. :D
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Titanoterror98 wrote: I have a bad feeling I'll be going through it again sooner or later with Studio Trigger and Hiroyuki Imashi--I could accept Kill La Kill as a one-off thing, but Darling in the FranXX, the girls in SSSS.Gridman and Promare are really starting to make me uncomfortable.
You do know this is Anime you're talking about here right?
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

People still celebrating that Aquaman made a billion dollars...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Grievous wrote:People still celebrating that Aquaman made a billion dollars...
I know right? That movie was nothing more but a total CGI fest.

Overrated as skreeonk.

And because of this they're gonna continue with it becoming an even bigger mess then ever before. Here's to hoping Shazam flops and Aquaman was just a freak occurrence.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote: I have a bad feeling I'll be going through it again sooner or later with Studio Trigger and Hiroyuki Imashi--I could accept Kill La Kill as a one-off thing, but Darling in the FranXX, the girls in SSSS.Gridman and Promare are really starting to make me uncomfortable.
You do know this is Anime you're talking about here right?
Oh, I do friend. I do...
I know there will always be girls with comically over-sized busts bouncing around getting ogled by all the guys in-universe and in real-life and stuff like that, and although I'm not too happy about that, my real issue is how alot of these girls are only 14. I know that there's a difference in the age of consent, but guess what? I DON'T GIVE A SKREEONK! They're just kids! I don't think kids are hot! And I really don't think it's a good idea to make kids look hot unless you are prepared for every creep coming out of the woodworks to come on to them because this is making sexing-up minors okay.
And yes, I am well aware that this has been going on for a long time, but guess what else? IT'S 2019! This is the 21st century. We are supposed to be working on these kind of problems, and making this world safer for our kids, and lately it feels like a lot of anime studios are going out of their way to add more of these... "lolis" and stuff as some kind of pushback. (Even if they don't really like lolis)
Anywho, to make a long ramble short: I can live with fanservice, but I am never going to be okay with sexing up minors.