Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:What? BC ain't made squat lately. Bandai Japan made vinyls out of G2014 AND the Winged MUTO. The four( main? )monsters from KOTM are all orignally JAPANESE monsters - why wouldn't they make vinyls out of them?

@Godzillian: And I'm talkin' VINYLS, dumbazz, not any other type of toys!
And that's what I'm talking about you fossil. They put out a Godzilla 2014 vinyl, one that is even better than the one from Japan. It is extremely likely they'll be putting some new ones out for KOTM
That WOULD be nice...

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

Bandai USA does have a booth at Toy Fair this year, so hopefully we'll find out more then.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Restock happened faster than I expected... this guy appeared at the local Wally today... celebrated at Olive Garden...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:What? BC ain't made squat lately. Bandai Japan made vinyls out of G2014 AND the Winged MUTO. The four( main? )monsters from KOTM are all orignally JAPANESE monsters - why wouldn't they make vinyls out of them?

@Godzillian: And I'm talkin' VINYLS, dumbazz, not any other type of toys!
And that's what I'm talking about you fossil. They put out a Godzilla 2014 vinyl, one that is even better than the one from Japan. It is extremely likely they'll be putting some new ones out for KOTM
With as dumb as BC was with the 2014 movie toys, they will likely do the same thing with KOTM and wait until after all the hype dies down until they release their vinyls (if they do).
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

I'd like to see them try new Toho vinyls for once in... about 6 years? This line has been dead for such a long time, I almost forgot about it. I'm looking forward to seeing Godzilla figures in stores again, however.

The Godzilla: King of the Monsters figures better not be similar to those weird gimmick toys. They had a cheap, McDonald's Happy Meal-type feel to their overall presentation.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ And if they are? :eh:

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ And if they are? :eh:
Grab the pitchforks and the torches.

I mean, just don't riddle them with strange screw holes and poorly made mechanisms. As cool as it would be to have a Rodan with flapping wings for the kids, or a Ghidorah with lights and sounds, they should look good. Kids deserve better quality than what showed up in 2014.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Pikachu ain't got sh!t on me.

Post by Zillamon51 »

I stopped at my local Walmart after seeing Broly tonight. They had the planogram on the wall, and the six pegs allocated for Bandai vinyls. They had two each of G'68 and Showa MG. I haven't seen any mention of what the other four figures might be, so:

I scanned the shelf tags w/ the Walmart app. The two w/ figs on them, just read something very general, like "Classic Godzilla Figure." The other four pegs had no info at all. MG came up when I scanned his box, but G'68 came up as G'54. So G'54 is in their system. Both G'68 and MG have the same three figures pictured on the back of their boxes: Millennium G, King Caesar, and the aforementioned G'54.

So: G'68 and Showa MG are available now. G'54 is almost certainly coming. G2K and KC are strong contenders. That leaves one mystery figure. Knowing Bandai Creations, it's probably Burning Godzilla. :D

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I believe in this thread we have seen evidence of '68, MG'74, King Ghidorah and King Ceasar on the pegs. The boxes show '99 and '54 coming...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

ApexOversteer wrote:I believe in this thread we have seen evidence of '68, MG'74, King Ghidorah and King Ceasar on the pegs. The boxes show '99 and '54 coming...
Oh, be still my heart... X_X

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

MandaSaurus wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:I believe in this thread we have seen evidence of '68, MG'74, King Ghidorah and King Ceasar on the pegs. The boxes show '99 and '54 coming...
Why do you come to this thread if you’re going to be so angry and bitter?

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

A lot of people bitching about reissues. I get it. I have a full set of all Bandai Creations figures, boxed, from back in the day. So I don't need any of these. But they've been off-market for years now. I've also been trying to put together a starter collection of play toys for a young cousin. So, I can either keep paying ~$20 apiece (plus shipping) for used figures with loose joints and paint scuffs, or -$15 apiece for new figs at my local Walmart. Tough choice, eh?

The best all-around thing would be for BC to have learned their lesson from the line going moribund due to a long period of nothing but reissues. Do occasional reissues, sure, but focus on keeping the line vital and interesting by making new figures on a regular basis.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm okay with reissues...it's just they're always reissuing the same four or five figures. King Caesar and the 54 have been constants since at least 2015/2009 respectively.

Where's SpaceGodzilla? The Final Wars figures? Destoroyah? I'd actually consider a GFW Anguirus to replace the now-expensive Bandai Japan release.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

The other figure is King Ghidorah 2001 and surprisingly, almost 75% of this figure is a new sculpt. The differences are slight, but they are there.

The original is on the left and the new is on the right:

Unlike the original sculpt, you can fold up the wings by rotating them for more shelf space......

As far as I can tell, the lower torso down to the tails are the same sculpt, but with the way the tails are now curved, it gives more space on your shelf (Thank God!):

This was a nice surprise. I do hope that Bandai Creation will do this to some of their other figures......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Who's angry and bitter? I just want folks to come over to the Good Side - the Bandai Japan Vinyl Side...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Who's angry and bitter? I just want folks to come over to the Good Side - the Bandai Japan Vinyl Side...
Oh for God's sake.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

So the figures for this new wave are King Caesar, MechaGodzilla 1974, King Ghidorah GMK, King Caesar, Godzilla 1968, Godzilla 1954, and potentially Godzilla 2000

I waited years for Godzilla products to go to Walmart and other stores and now only when I have them all do they arrive

I would really like if they reissued the FW Gigan, GMK Godzilla, Destroyah, SpaceGodzilla, Angurius, and so forth

Bandai please
Last edited by ROMG4 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

So what new figures would you guys like to see BC do some day? Personally I'd like Kamacuras, Rodan '56, Orga, and that Anguirus '55 that they had a prototype of but never actually released for some reason.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Little Godzilla, Mecha-King Ghidorah and Anguirus 55 that they promised and never delivered on, for starters.

Aside from that, Jet Jaguar and maybe GFW Hedorah and Ebirah.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Saw the new Bandai Godzilla figures at Walmart and I have to say I'm glad they restocked these. Planning to aim for MechaG and Godzilla. No way I'm getting King Ghidorah I don't like the new look I still have the older version on my shelf.