"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Post by Dr. Professor »

Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Grievous wrote:Oh Dear...

Look...if Toho made a campy direct sequel to the Terror of MechaGodzilla
which had the feel & tone of the 70's films...then yes...bring on the tail
slide dropkicks & magnetic powers.

Please put down the pitchforks & put out the torches...

Please?
Come on, man. I just lit my pitchfork on fire. I kind of have to use it.
Oh? Hol' up...
You got a problem with my firefork, buddy?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Come on, man. I just lit my pitchfork on fire. I kind of have to use it.
Oh? Hol' up...
No, I wanted to give you someone to use it on.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Smh at you with your pitchforks, real men use fire covered Ballistas and Catapults.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Oh? Hol' up...
No, I wanted to give you someone to use it on.
Oh. Well I greatly appreciate that.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

I thought Toho wanted to sum up the Legendary Godzilla films so they can concentrate on their own Monsterverse. With Hollywood releasing new Godzilla films in Japan, Toho has to sit back and wait to they don't oversaturate the franchise.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

In all seriously isn’t Godzilla 3 just technically Godzilla vs. Kong?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KingKaiju wrote:In all seriously isn’t Godzilla 3 just technically Godzilla vs. Kong?
Shush!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

KingKaiju wrote:In all seriously isn’t Godzilla 3 just technically Godzilla vs. Kong?
Maybe yes, maybe not. As of now we can't really say for sure, since there was no official announcment regarding the end of the Monsterverse from either side. Once again I would like to bring up the fact that GvK wasn't described as the "end of the Monsterverse" anywhere yet, so anything is possible. I could see them doing re-negotiations because after all- more profit for Toho.

However, if we assume that the Monsterverse DOES continue, they will probably take a break for a while so Toho could market the sh*t out of the beginning to their "Godzillaverse" and work on it properly.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

IIRC, originally they announced Godzilla 2, and then 3 or something, which was later clarified to be Godzilla vs Kong. But yeah, essentially. I think people just mean what comes after Kong vs Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Dv-218 wrote:
Maybe yes, maybe not. As of now we can't really say for sure, since there was no official announcment regarding the end of the Monsterverse from either side. Once again I would like to bring up the fact that GvK wasn't described as the "end of the Monsterverse" anywhere yet, so anything is possible. I could see them doing re-negotiations because after all- more profit for Toho.

However, if we assume that the Monsterverse DOES continue, they will probably take a break for a while so Toho could market the sh*t out of the beginning to their "Godzillaverse" and work on it properly.
Yeah, if Legendary does indeed try to re-up their contract, I guarantee that Toho will change the contract so that they can make movies as well.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Dv-218 wrote:

I was thinking just in terms of the third Godzilla installment, not necessarily the end of the series. However, if this was the end of a trilogy, I’d be totally coool. We’ll see though. I’m sure Toho is going tonwant in, even if Legendary can renegotiate their terms.

Added in 30 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
IIRC, originally they announced Godzilla 2, and then 3 or something, which was later clarified to be Godzilla vs Kong. But yeah, essentially. I think people just mean what comes after Kong vs Godzilla.
I remembered something like that as well, which is why o was confused.

Mosura92
Ronin

Post by Mosura92 »

If there is a Godzilla 3 i think a good option for an opponent, since i dont think they will do the Humanity v. Godzilla in the Legendary series, would be Hedorah. You can easily have it be a creature thats been mutated by the pollution of humanity feeding for however long on our wastes, and there has already been reports on the monarch site that there was an mysterious fog over some country and although it doesnt guarantee its Hedorah it could very well be a hint towards him. I believe it fits in perfectly with the idea of Godzilla protecting the earth and being a balance to any kaiju that is to arise to be a behemoth of destruction and it could possibly further the storyline of humanity making a Mecha-Godzilla because of our learning from the mistake Hedorah and needing to clean up the planet and have better technology.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Mosura92 wrote:If there is a Godzilla 3 i think a good option for an opponent, since i don't think they will do the Humanity v. Godzilla in the Legendary series, would be Hedorah. You can easily have it be a creature that's been mutated by the pollution of humanity feeding for however long on our wastes, and there has already been reports on the monarch site that there was an mysterious fog over some country and although it doesnt guarantee its Hedorah it could very well be a hint towards him. I believe it fits in perfectly with the idea of Godzilla protecting the earth and being a balance to any kaiju that is to arise to be a behemoth of destruction and it could possibly further the storyline of humanity making a Mecha-Godzilla because of our learning from the mistake Hedorah and needing to clean up the planet and have better technology.
Last edited by Grievous on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mosura92 wrote:If there is a Godzilla 3 i think a good option for an opponent, since i dont think they will do the Humanity v. Godzilla in the Legendary series, would be Hedorah. You can easily have it be a creature thats been mutated by the pollution of humanity feeding for however long on our wastes, and there has already been reports on the monarch site that there was an mysterious fog over some country and although it doesnt guarantee its Hedorah it could very well be a hint towards him. I believe it fits in perfectly with the idea of Godzilla protecting the earth and being a balance to any kaiju that is to arise to be a behemoth of destruction and it could possibly further the storyline of humanity making a Mecha-Godzilla because of our learning from the mistake Hedorah and needing to clean up the planet and have better technology.
I think Gigan would make a good addition to this idea, Maybe Gigan could be a "normal"ish Titan that gets exposed to Hedorahs pollution in a fight, ends up getting fatally injured and the government tries to fix him with nanotech or some futuristic tech (Keeping in the realm of somewhat realism), and have it be something of a triple threat match.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Mosura92 wrote:If there is a Godzilla 3 i think a good option for an opponent, since i dont think they will do the Humanity v. Godzilla in the Legendary series, would be Hedorah. You can easily have it be a creature thats been mutated by the pollution of humanity feeding for however long on our wastes, and there has already been reports on the monarch site that there was an mysterious fog over some country and although it doesnt guarantee its Hedorah it could very well be a hint towards him. I believe it fits in perfectly with the idea of Godzilla protecting the earth and being a balance to any kaiju that is to arise to be a behemoth of destruction and it could possibly further the storyline of humanity making a Mecha-Godzilla because of our learning from the mistake Hedorah and needing to clean up the planet and have better technology.
I’d be down with this, Godzilla, Hedorah, and Mechagodzilla all in the same movie would be even better, reminds me of that LEGENDS comic.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would rather have Godzilla fight a new creature in Godzilla 3.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

LegendZilla wrote:I would rather have Godzilla fight a new creature in Godzilla 3.
Yeah, cause god knows how well the MUTO were received.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I would rather have Godzilla fight a new creature in Godzilla 3.
Depends on how creative they can get.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
*Looks Around*

Am I the only kaiju fan who actually really likes the M.U.T.Os?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I always appreciate new monsters.

As I've said before, a lot of the fun of the Godzilla series as a kid was finding out what wacky thing Godzilla was going to fight next, and that's something that has kind of been lost as now the game is "who can we bring back?" (which is almost always answered with Ghidorah, Mothra, and/or Mechagodzilla).

But, if we have to go into the Toho grab bag of monsters, my short list of opponents I'd like to see comeback are definitely Hedorah, Gigan, and Destroyah.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.