What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Zarm »

eabaker wrote:Regarding the shooting near my work the other day, I also found out that some stray bullets flew into the store where one of my co-workers/friends was buying lunch at the time. If he'd been standing at the front of the store at the time, he could well have been hit.
Thank God no one was more seriously hurt!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

gojira96 wrote:Within the past few hours, I found out my cousin killed himself today.
I am very sorry to hear for your loss, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. But don't their choice get to you. Stay strong, value your life, and take the time to help others who struggle with these thoughts too.

Added in 38 seconds:
Zarm wrote:
eabaker wrote:Regarding the shooting near my work the other day, I also found out that some stray bullets flew into the store where one of my co-workers/friends was buying lunch at the time. If he'd been standing at the front of the store at the time, he could well have been hit.
Amen. I pray you'll both move somewhere better soon. (And if you pick Canada, well, I'll be right here waiting... Or not, cause' scheduling is a pain for me.)
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Titanoterror98 wrote:Added in 38 seconds:
Zarm wrote:
Amen. I pray you'll both move somewhere better soon. (And if you pick Canada, well, I'll be right here waiting... Or not, cause' scheduling is a pain for me.)
Ah, but what part of Canada? Your profile is not terribly specific. ;)

By the way, it turns out the person they were shooting at was hit four times, and made it to the hospital, where he was arrested. I believe he's the only one who's been arrested.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

eabaker wrote:
Zarm wrote:

By the way, it turns out the person they were shooting at was hit four times, and made it to the hospital, where he was arrested. I believe he's the only one who's been arrested.
That's a relief! Sounds like he got what he deserved and then some.

As for where exactly my lovely little hole is? Well, let's just say that if you dug far enough you could find me hangin' with the fossils before they get to the Royal Tyrell Museum ;)
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

As for where exactly my lovely little hole is? Well, let's just say that if you dug far enough you could find me hangin' with the fossils before they get to the Royal Tyrell Museum ;)
He’s from Alberta. Where I am also from, originally, though I now live in Vancouver. It’s basically Canadian Texas, because it’s where we keep all of our oil and conservatives. :lol:
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

eabaker wrote:
Zarm wrote:

Wait- the victim was arrested, not the (still unfound) shooter?
Last edited by Zarm on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:
eabaker wrote:

So far as I know, drive-by shootings are usually targeted. Usually because of some kind of gang beef. So the victim, while I’m glad he’s okay, was probably not exactly an upstanding citizen...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Zarm wrote:
eabaker wrote:

So far as I know, drive-by shootings are usually targeted. Usually because of some kind of gang beef. So the victim, while I’m glad he’s okay, was probably not exactly an upstanding citizen...
Exactly. This was gang-on-gang violence, but was committed in the midst of people not associated with either gang.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

He’s from Alberta. Where I am also from, originally, though I now live in Vancouver. It’s basically Canadian Texas, because it’s where we keep all of our oil and conservatives.
Yes to all of the above! Especially that last one. I guess ending up on a kaiju site is a given when you come from a province famous for it's dinosaurs, eh?

Funny you should mention Vancouver--my dad used to live there and he's always talking going back someday. :lol:

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
eabaker wrote: Exactly. This was gang-on-gang violence, but was committed in the midst of people not associated with either gang.
Ugh, that's the worst.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ugh. Gangs. Just...

Unfortunately, my colleague who works in Philadelphia experienced the same thing last month (except the kid died right in front of him).

I just can't understand anything being sufficient provocation to commit such an act; much less the feud between two arbitrary cliques. (I know that to them, it's more than that- but that's the part I don't comprehend in any sense but the theoretical intellectual understanding that it is).

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:Ugh. Gangs. Just...

Unfortunately, my colleague who works in Philadelphia experienced the same thing last month (except the kid died right in front of him).

I just can't understand anything being sufficient provocation to commit such an act; much less the feud between two arbitrary cliques. (I know that to them, it's more than that- but that's the part I don't comprehend in any sense but the theoretical intellectual understanding that it is).
I mean, if we were to really dive into it, I’m sure there’s all sorts of socio-economic factors. Poverty, broken homes, lack of opportunity, etc. driving people into these violent groups where at the very least they can finally have some status, comradery and respect... but yeah, still horrendous and deserving of punishment.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I just realized that, in "If I Fell," grammatically it should be "That you would love me more than she," rather than "That you would love me more than her" (though that wouldn't work for the rhyme scheme, obviously).

Well, there goes that Beatles song. Can't ever listen to it again, or I'll die.

Unless someone can make a compelling case that he's singing to a bisexual woman, and he's actually competing with another woman for her heart, so it's not supposed to be "love me more than she loves/loved me," but rather, "love me more than you love/loved her."
Last edited by eabaker on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Alright, well, that helped me get centered. Thanks.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps...

:thumbsup:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Grievous wrote:I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps...

:thumbsup:
Fun trivia! Eric Clapton played lead guitar in the recording sessions of that song! It is his guitar who gently wheeps...

...and then he stole George Harrison's wife, but that's a whole other thing...

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Fun trivia! Eric Clapton played lead guitar in the recording sessions of that song! It is his guitar who gently weeps...
I knew that.
KaijuCanuck wrote:...and then he stole George Harrison's wife, but that's a whole other thing...
And I didn't know that.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i hate getting a charely horse.....

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

My car's wipers are dead. -_-
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:My car's wipers are dead. -_-
Ugh. Car problems are awful. (And wipers are both dangerous, if you lose them at the wrong time, and annoying- because they feel like such a small, simple thing). I'm sorry.

Maranatha!