Mechagodzilla: The MonsterVerse Endgame?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Would you like to see Mechagodzilla?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 59

jayson
Samurai

Re: Mechagodzilla: The MonsterVerse Endgame?

Post by jayson »

UltramanGoji wrote:But again, the whole argument was that Destoroyah was up there with these kaiju and it's just not.
That's not the argument in my case and I was strictly addressing the issue of Mecha Godzilla being in the Legendary universe and how it didn't make sense.

The original post stated that some "knucklehead" would argue the reality of a giant robot Godzilla but it isn't as simple as that. Let's look at the scenarios.

1) The military/government finds a way to create giant robots like Pacific Rim. Why create a robot that is bulky, slow, and drags around a tail? Why not just create a jaeger/humanoid type robot that would be magnitudes more effective? Jet Jaguar would be a better addition in that instance.

2) The aliens create a robot. Why would it look like Godzilla? Did they just happen to land on Earth and think Godzilla was a perfect form to duplicate? Then looking at their creation and watching it move they'd probably think of point 1.

To be honest, other than an outdated cool factor, it's incredibly illogical and this coming from someone who loves Mecha Godzilla!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If the kotm leaks are true it makes alot more sense to build Mechagodzilla now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Shin Gabara wrote:Did the GA have any clue who Frodo was prior to December 2001?
Yeah. They did. A LOT of them did. Lord of the Rings has been popular a very long time. Even Led Zeppelin had songs referencing the story.
Don't completely agree, but I'll buy that.
. . .

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Shin Gabara wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I really hope Kong vs. Godzilla is the MonsterVerse endgame, personally. But I'm likely the only one.
No, same here. I'm eager to see what Toho themselves are gonna do.
I know this particular post is a bit old now, but I keep seeing this come up. The idea that, should the MonsterVerse continue, we won't/can't get new Toho producitons.

Not necessarily true. The current contract is written that way, with Shin and the anime trilogy existing only because of loopholes; that would be the contract is set to expire after Godzilla vs. Kong. Legendary and Toho would have to reach a new agreement either way for Legendary to keep using Godzilla. There's no reason to think that a stipulation in it could be that both studios could be making films concurrently. There would probably be various rules to make sure that neither side is going to play with the toys the other is in the process of using, but otherwise? That seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to both companies to try and reach for.
Last edited by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I hope the MonsterVerse endgame is a remake of Godzilla's Revenge with Gareth Edwards returning to direct so as soon as the stock footage starts he can cut right back to the kid in shorts.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Thunderbird wrote: Destroyah's return would make him a star if Legendary deemed it fit.
I don't disagree with that at all. I'm just saying beforehand? It wouldn't be that big of a deal to anyone but Godzilla fans.
At first sure but if you put him in a film, hype him up in big marketing campaigns, he gets more fans.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Thunderbird wrote: Destroyah's return would make him a star if Legendary deemed it fit.
I don't disagree with that at all. I'm just saying beforehand? It wouldn't be that big of a deal to anyone but Godzilla fans.
At first sure but if you put him in a film, hype him up in big marketing campaigns, he gets more fans.
Yes but, like I wrote, before the marketing, it wouldn't be a big deal.