"RAMPAGE" - Game To Film?!?!

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: "RAMPAGE" - Game To Film?!?!

Postby Grievous » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 am

So...this film was stupid.

I mean it was a lot of fun...but stupid as hell.

Lizzie & Ralph looked great...but it seemed
cheap that George looked so normal compared
to the other two.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Postby NSZ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Grievous wrote:So...this film was stupid.

to the other two.

Made sense to me. George wasn't chowing down like Ralph and Lizzie were before the signal was turned on, so the mutations came down to just increased size with him. Also a bit of fridge brilliance in there as even in the games, George's mutation was relatively unremarkable compared to Ralph and Lizzie.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:34 pm

The way I took it was depends how much of the pathogen all three were exposed too. Lizzie ate the entire canister hence why she was the biggest and most mutated. Ralph inhaled more of it than George did hence why he looked more mutated and George only inhaled the least hence why he still looks normal compared to the two.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm

My half-arsed theory is that maybe the Crisper canisters contained different gene samples. Hence the different forms of our merry mutants.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Man I'm just thinking again how much I want a World Tour-esque sequel.

Its also easy to bring Lizzie and Ralph back by having their regeneration only kept them dead temporary (Depending on the more damage, the longer they stay dead. Lizzie comes back first due to only having been stabbed through the eye and brain and then Ralph who'd regenerate his entire head).

I just want to see Davis leading George, Lizzie and Ralph (The other two having been given capsules to remove their aggression) against other mutants across the globe. That'd be so sick! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm

So I don't think I proposed this idea, but if we get a sequel, I would to have a scene where scientists or agents are setting up to remove Ralph from the city, but before they can, a beheaded Ralph suddenly springs up and teeters around before running around. Like that chicken that had its head cut off, but was still alive.

Maybe this can happen at the start of the movie, immediately talking place after the first film, before getting some sort of time skip.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:So I don't think I proposed this idea, but if we get a sequel, I would to have a scene where scientists or agents are setting up to remove Ralph from the city, but before they can, a beheaded Ralph suddenly springs up and teeters around before running around. Like that chicken that had its head cut off, but was still alive.

Maybe this can happen at the start of the movie, immediately talking place after the first film, before getting some sort of time skip.

That would honestly fit the films humor honestly. Why didn't I think that of that? Later Ralph could show up with his head having fully grown.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:So I don't think I proposed this idea, but if we get a sequel, I would to have a scene where scientists or agents are setting up to remove Ralph from the city, but before they can, a beheaded Ralph suddenly springs up and teeters around before running around. Like that chicken that had its head cut off, but was still alive.

That would honestly fit the films humor honestly. Why didn't I think that of that? Later Ralph could show up with his head having fully grown.

Not to mention you can sprinkle some scenes with Ralph in containment. Perhaps its time for his feeding, and when he steps out of the shadows, only his ears and eyes have regenerated, and like a quarter of his jaws have partially regenerated, still missing the other half of his skull, his tongue dangling aimlessly.

Its easy and free gross out/ horror stuff. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 am

NSZ wrote:
Grievous wrote:So...this film was stupid.

to the other two.

Made sense to me. George wasn't chowing down like Ralph and Lizzie were before the signal was turned on, so the mutations came down to just increased size with him. Also a bit of fridge brilliance in there as even in the games, George's mutation was relatively unremarkable compared to Ralph and Lizzie.

Oh...well...it may have made sense in context
of the story & the rules set...but I just thought it
would have been cool if George would have also
mutated somewhat.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:27 am

It was disapointing that Ralph's flight wasn't used for much.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:47 am

Living Corpse wrote:It was disapointing that Ralph's flight wasn't used for much.

Yeah, it was really under played. A shame since it could've been used for some cool scenes.

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 am

It is a shame that Ralph was not used more, but I think they wanted to A) show how much a threat Lizzie was and make sure the showdown was between George and Lizzie.

George only growing and not being terribly mutated made sense when you think he only sniffed the canister. But they made sure he wasn’t mutated or shrunk in the context of the movie so he could stay more relatable to the humans, but also remain bigger so he could be the “hero” in any potential sequel. Makes sense.

Ralph was great, but I’m all for new and different monsters. There were Easter Eggs all over the place for Curtis, Cal, Sarah, and the alledged Kingston scene.
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 am

What were the Easter eggs again? I remember Cal but that was from an unused ending. But I don't recall the others.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:What were the Easter eggs again? I remember Cal but that was from an unused ending. But I don't recall the others.

The rat on the space station (Curtis) and there was a 3D model shown off of a King Cobra looking mutant (Kingston). Don't know about Sarah but that might just be because I don't know anything about the Total Destruction expanded monsters.

Added in 7 minutes 15 seconds:
Looked Sarah up on the Rampage Wiki. While I don't remember any spider easter eggs, I will say she's easily one of the better Total Destruction monsters and I'd be cool to see her in a sequel.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:There were Easter Eggs all over the place for Curtis, Cal, Sarah, and the alledged Kingston scene.

Are they really easter eggs though or just coincidences?

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am

The rat at the beginning was a reference to Larry from the Atari Lynx version of the first game.

The rest are just coincidences, especially Cal and Sarah which are two of the most stock archetypes for monsters ever (octopus/squid and spider).

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:24 pm

Claire’s mouse wasn’t an Easter egg? I’d expect Curtis, Cal and Kingston as the next monsters to fight George.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

PRIMEVAL
Futurian

Postby PRIMEVAL » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Lizzie was an Easter egg for Crock.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

PRIMEVAL wrote:Lizzie was an Easter egg for Crock.

Unless you were joking in which case, carry on.

PRIMEVAL
Futurian

Postby PRIMEVAL » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:Lizzie was an Easter egg for Crock.

Unless you were joking in which case, carry on.

I keed, I keed.

Return to “Monster Manor”