Bigfoot movies

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Bigfoot movies

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Title explains it. Talk about any Bigfoot movies from the family friendly Harry and the Hendersons to Bigfoot being a killer stalking campers such as Abominable and Exists.

Made this thread because I've lately been in the Bigfoot craze and having just ordered Exists (From the director that did Blair Witch Project) which seems like from everything I heard is one of the better Bigfoot movies unlike most low-budgeted ones where you might barely see Bigfoot or not at all.

Discuss.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Re: Bigfoot movies

Postby Can of Conspiracy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am

Do you happen to remember and old one where Bigfoot fought a grizzly(?) bear to save a kid? Then got captured and caged by the townfolk, only to be released by said kid? I recall seeing this about a million years ago, but never found it again and have absolutely no idea about the title.

Also, have you seen Willow Creek? I wasn't crazy for it personally, but found footage and Bigfoot fans tend to like it.

If it counts, nothing has ever topped The Legend of Boggy Creek for me, personally. Pure atmosphere, despite the campy moments (love the Travis Crabtree song).
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:12 am

Can of Conspiracy wrote:Do you happen to remember and old one where Bigfoot fought a grizzly(?) bear to save a kid? Then got captured and caged by the townfolk, only to be released by said kid? I recall seeing this about a million years ago, but never found it again and have absolutely no idea about the title.

That'd be Bigfoot: The Unforgettable Encounter, if memory serves. I used to have that one on VHS, but it's probably been twenty years since I've seen it. I remember being thoroughly creeped out by the scene where the kid initially sees Bigfoot staring at him from behind a tree in the distance. :lol:

And yeah, Boggy Creek is great. "I was seven years old when I first heard him scream. It scared me then, and it scares me now..."
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:57 am

I love me some Bigfoot movies, he'll there were two this year that high on my list of good movies. Big Legend and Primal Rage: Legend of the Oh-ma.

I've been meaning to do a top ten list of Bigfoot movies, that will be something for next year.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:21 am

Watched Willow Creek a few days ago. It was okay, it felt like it was building up to something and just never really reached a satisfying climax. The tent scene was the best part of the film and really well done.

Terasawa
G-Grasper

Postby Terasawa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am

Controversial opinion here, maybe, but I don't think there are any truly good Bigfoot movies. Harry and the Hendersons is a cute family comedy and that might be the cream of the crop here. There's a lot of potential in something like the original Boggy Creek but I think in execution that film falls flat.

On the other hand, there are at least two decent Yeti movies, including Honda's Half Human and Hammer's The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas. But even most of the Yeti films I've seen are low budget trash.
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

I had indeed heard of Willow Creek but IIRC you never really see any Bigfoot and then there's this scene in a tent that's shot in one scene for 20 minutes.

Though I'm kinda intrigued with The Lost Coast Tapes although I hear no Bigfoot is seen in that either but it does sound more interesting. Then of course recently a new Bigfoot movie had been released called Primal Rage. I definitely wanna get around to watching that especially considering how cool the Bigfoot looks especially with the mask it wears being like this Native American archer.

Now if y'all want a movie where they don't portray Bigfoot as this bloodthirsty killer I hear Letters from the Big Man is the movie for you. Another movie where the design of the Bigfoot looks legit and even uses a costume. ;)

I much look forward to watching Exists when I get my copy in the mail especially being its from the director of the Blair Witch Project and the design and costume of the Bigfoot looks very real and legit.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I had indeed heard of Willow Creek but IIRC you never really see any Bigfoot and then there's this scene in a tent that's shot in one scene for 20 minutes.

Yes, there's no actual footage of the bigfoot. Just sounds.

But that tent scene is really well done. It's the best part of the movie.

Terasawa wrote:Controversial opinion here, maybe, but I don't think there are any truly good Bigfoot movies. Harry and the Hendersons is a cute family comedy and that might be the cream of the crop here. There's a lot of potential in something like the original Boggy Creek but I think in execution that film falls flat.

On the other hand, there are at least two decent Yeti movies, including Honda's Half Human and Hammer's The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas. But even most of the Yeti films I've seen are low budget trash.

No arguments here. I love Harry and the Hendersons purely because I saw it right when I was in my huge cryptozoology phase and it really is a well done family film, but it's not really the "perfect" Bigfoot movie.

Willow Creek is probably the closest film in-tone to what I want out of a bigfoot film. Heavy emphasis on the legendary nature of the character with lots of tension and scenes like the tent scene where you can hear bigfoot but not see him. Just...not found footage.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Yes, there's no actual footage of the bigfoot. Just sounds.

May very well give Willow Creek a look then. I thought maybe that tent scene would had been very dragged out but if you say its well done maybe its worth checking out in that case.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Yes, there's no actual footage of the bigfoot. Just sounds.

May very well give Willow Creek a look then. I thought maybe that tent scene would had been very dragged out but if you say its well done maybe its worth checking out in that case.

Yeah, the rest of the movie is nothing too great, but that tent scene is definitely worth a watch. Super intense, pun intended.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Willow Creek sounds something like what I'd want from an ideal Bigfoot movie. I don't want a movie where we see a lot of Bigfoot, and especially violent, aggressive behavior inconsistent with the actual standard of reported behavior. It lurks in the shadows, appearing and disappearing at random, leaving everyone wondering whether it was ever there at all. There shouldn't be anything concrete. That's the whole nature and (arguably) appeal of the phenomenon.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:34 am

Abominable on DVD is unrated, so better than watching it on SyFy. Actually, SyFy had nothing to do with the production of the movie, which is why it looks as good as it does. The FX guy who created the monster suit was a friend of the director. He was a cast member as well.

The Legend of Boggy Creek is kind of a documentary, since it is based on reports by eyewitnesses. To this day, if you're passing thru Fouke, AR, if you stop and make cracks to the locals about the Fouke Monster, some of them DON"T smile...

Return to Boggy Creek, on the other hand, is totally make-believe.

Snowbeast is a TV-movie that wasn't bad. Actually, the critter in the movie was NOT supposed to be a bigfoot, but something else. They saved a lot of money on FX by rarely showing the monster. Most of the time it was 'on-screen' the audience only got the beastie's POV...

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Laika is doing a Bigfoot movie next year.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:51 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Laika is doing a Bigfoot movie next year.

Yup. Much looking forward to it. :D

One of my most anticipated films next year.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:19 am

Abominable is a favorite. Too bad the sequel co-written by G.I. JOE godfather Larry Hama never happened. :( Primal Rage just saw on the Movie Channel a few weeks back and rather enjoyed the puppy. Surprised to a small extent that no one, especially Terasawa, didn't mention WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS. Some kaiju sized beasts, but the scenes of the giant human-like footprints in the Japanese Alps can't help but remind people of legends of Squatch ,and the Yeti. Also there was one documentary from way on back that Isaw on TV called Manbeast . Which featured reenactments of various Bigfoot sightings.
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:35 pm

I came upon another Bigfoot movie that might actually be half decent.

Big Legend. Another great thing about this Bigfoot movie is like Abominable, Exists and Primal Rage it uses a costume rather then typical CGI.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
Interpol Agent

Postby mikelcho » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Did you ever see the 1977 documentary The Mysterious Monsters by Sunn Classic Pictures? That has not only Bigfoot and the Yeti/Abominable Snowman, but the Loch Ness Monster as well.

Always wanted to see it as a kid, but never got the chance.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I came upon another Bigfoot movie that might actually be half decent.

Big Legend. Another great thing about this Bigfoot movie is like Abominable, Exists and Primal Rage it uses a costume rather then typical CGI.

It's got a low rating, but i'll give it a shot. Abominable was entertaining to me esp when one of them bit the guys face clean off LOL pretty good use of practical effects though.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Abominable was the shiznit. I have it unrated on DVD and it's a gory good time. Highly recommend it.

I plan to check out Big Legend too. You don't run across GOOD scary Bigfoot movies every day...

Anonziller
Yojimbo

Postby Anonziller » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:43 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Now if y'all want a movie where they don't portray Bigfoot as this bloodthirsty killer I hear Letters from the Big Man is the movie for you. Another movie where the design of the Bigfoot looks legit and even uses a costume. ;)

letters from the big man is probably the only good bigfoot movie ever made.

Return to “Monster Manor”