Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who’s The Deadliest?

Hedorah
66%
Destroyah
34%

Total votes: 53

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Grievous wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:vagina eyes
HA!

Sounds like the name of a Melvins' song/album.
The filmmakers actually based Hedorah's eyes off of that. I'm not joking :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:The filmmakers actually based Hedorah's eyes off of that. I'm not joking :lol:
I've heard the story...

Didn't Banno (R.I.P) see some graffiti in a public toilet
& copied a crude drawing of a vagina for Hedorah's eyes?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Grievous wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:The filmmakers actually based Hedorah's eyes off of that. I'm not joking :lol:
I've heard the story...

Didn't Banno (R.I.P) see some graffiti in a public toilet
& copied a crude drawing of a vagina for Hedorah's eyes?
I've heard the story, but not that story. If it's true then he really did put a lot of thought into Hedorah, moreso than a couple of guys sitting around and thinking up Destoroyah, our edgy overrated crab overlord.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I've heard the story, but not that story. If it's true then he really did put a lot of thought into Hedorah, moreso than a couple of guys sitting around and thinking up Destoroyah, our edgy overrated crab overlord.
So...Destoroyah is Reaper if the kaiju world was Overwatch?

And now I'm just thinking of Kent Brockman reading the news...

"And I for one welcome our new Crab Overlord..."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Grievous wrote: So...Destoroyah is Reaper if the kaiju world was Overwatch?

And now I'm just thinking of Kent Brockman reading the news...

"And I for one welcome our new Crab Overlord..."
I don't play the Overwatch, so my answer is yes.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't play the Overwatch, so my answer is yes.
Well...neither do I...but for some reason I know who the characters are.

*Thinks*

I'm surprised they haven't made an Overwatch film yet...

Anyway...on topic...

Hedorah Rules...Destroyah Drools...

:P

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but wasn't Des mortally wounded by Burning Godzilla via that one scene where he was coughing up blood? Even if Des flew away, he would have died via internal organ damage anyway.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but wasn't Des mortally wounded by Burning Godzilla via that one scene where he was coughing up blood?
Wounded, yes, obviously. Mortally? The film doesn't give us any indication that that's the case, as Destoroyah immediately breaks down into their Aggregate forms once it happens.

Later on they take heavy hits from Godzilla's deadlier Spiral Ray and there's visible wounds but it's not made clear whether they would've died from them or not.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but wasn't Des mortally wounded by Burning Godzilla via that one scene where he was coughing up blood?
Wounded, yes, obviously. Mortally? The film doesn't give us any indication that that's the case, as Destoroyah immediately breaks down into their Aggregate forms once it happens.

Later on they take heavy hits from Godzilla's deadlier Spiral Ray and there's visible wounds but it's not made clear whether they would've died from them or not.
Can Destoryah even "die" in that form? There's blood and wounds in all, but in total, it's just a clump of microrgansims, not a normal woundable creature. The only real way to kill Destoryah is to take out all the microorgansims at once, like the millitary with their freezing weapons.

RIP Evan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Hedorah was the more powerful I think, but the question was ‘deadliest’, so I answered Destroyah - he’s the only one that actually kills another kaiju.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Hedorah was the more powerful I think, but the question was ‘deadliest’, so I answered Destroyah - he’s the only one that actually kills another kaiju.
But isn't Hedorah the "Deadliest" due to him being able to
pollute, poison & corrupt the very environment around him?

Hedorah is basically a kaiju who brings a plague with him...
choking the life out of EVERYTHING.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla was stronger than Destroyer but couldn't put him down. Hedorah was about equal to Godzilla If not out right stronger and Godzilla lacked the ability to out him down.

Destroyer did choose to run from the infinite spiral rays.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Grievous wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Hedorah was the more powerful I think, but the question was ‘deadliest’, so I answered Destroyah - he’s the only one that actually kills another kaiju.
But isn't Hedorah the "Deadliest" due to him being able to
pollute, poison & corrupt the very environment around him?

Hedorah is basically a kaiju who brings a plague with him...
choking the life out of EVERYTHING.
Bingo, so what if Destroyah killed a baby Godzilla, Hedorah was going to pollute the planet in Smog and then spread through space like a plague :shrug:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

And even if Hedorah failed to actually kill Godzilla, I'd say a lot of that is due to Godzilla being Godzilla. Very few other kaiju (especially in the Showa timeline) would have had the durability to last that long against something capable of dissolving the flesh from Godzilla's bones.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Can Destoryah even "die" in that form? There's blood and wounds in all, but in total, it's just a clump of microrgansims, not a normal woundable creature. The only real way to kill Destoryah is to take out all the microorgansims at once, like the millitary with their freezing weapons.
Yes. Destoryah was one whole animal in his final form, so he could die.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’m sure it’s total coincidence, but it’s kind of cool how both of Godzilla’s ‘ultimate’ foes are these crazy, multiple form, evolving, conglomerating monstrosities.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

UltramanGoji wrote: SpaceGodzilla was an overarching threat in his movie. He showed up on Birth Island in the beginning and brutally beat Godzilla and captured Little G. The whole rest of the movie is Godzilla making his way to Fukuoka to stop SpaceGodzilla. SpaceG actually manages to "colonize" the city and turn it into his own crystal palace.
SpaceGodzilla was, arguable, the only monster villain in the Heisei series to demonstrate actual sentience rather than just sapience. Can you think of another monster of that era that has shown intentional malice and a clear goal?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I’m sure it’s total coincidence, but it’s kind of cool how both of Godzilla’s ‘ultimate’ foes are these crazy, multiple form, evolving, conglomerating monstrosities.
And then 2016 came, and it was Godzilla's turn... :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Do people still actually think that's true?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I’m sure it’s total coincidence, but it’s kind of cool how both of Godzilla’s ‘ultimate’ foes are these crazy, multiple form, evolving, conglomerating monstrosities.
That's because Destoroyah is a copy of Hedorah.

;)
Malchik wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote: SpaceGodzilla was an overarching threat in his movie. He showed up on Birth Island in the beginning and brutally beat Godzilla and captured Little G. The whole rest of the movie is Godzilla making his way to Fukuoka to stop SpaceGodzilla. SpaceG actually manages to "colonize" the city and turn it into his own crystal palace.
SpaceGodzilla was, arguable, the only monster villain in the Heisei series to demonstrate actual sentience rather than just sapience. Can you think of another monster of that era that has shown intentional malice and a clear goal?
Sentience or not...he was still a boring, overpowered clone.

I don't get what the fandom see's in SpaceGodzilla.

Ghidorah I get...Gigan I get...Orga I get...but SpaceGodzilla...

He's just a blue version of Godzilla with a crystal fetish & Professor X powers.

Lame!