Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, no thanks. Everyone and their dog has these figures.

I’d rather they didn’t come back, honestly.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, no thanks. Everyone and their dog has these figures.

Is the snobbish attitude really necessary? They’re not aiming to just strictly Godzilla fans. Even if I already own them I’d rather see them in stores so that way everyone else can have the opportunity to buy them and enjoy them and help keep the brand alive.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Is the snobbish attitude really necessary?
Yep, that's my honest thoughts.
gridiron_kaiju wrote:They’re not aiming to just strictly Godzilla fans.
They've got a fuckton of problems there by having King Caesar as one of the two figures in the wave.
gridiron_kaiju wrote: Even if I already own them I’d rather see them in stores so that way everyone else can have the opportunity to buy them and enjoy them and help keep the brand alive.
The brand will already be alive in stores this March. I'd be okay with KOTM merchandise but not the same figures they've released eighty seven times in the past.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote: The brand will already be alive in stores this March. I'd be okay with KOTM merchandise but not the same figures they've released eighty seven times in the past.
At worst it’s an opportunity to move stock and to get the balling rolling on the new stuff coming out. Clearly you don’t know how retail works.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm surprised we've moved early into the contrarian phase where we actually defend Bandai Creations reissuing the same shit once again.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'm surprised we've moved early into the contrarian phase where we actually defend Bandai Creations reissuing the same poop once again.
That photo that’s going around was taken from a Jurassic Park toy group on Facebook and a lot of folks seemed to be very excited because they either didn’t have the toys or just to see Godzilla figures in stores again.

Get mad about reissues all you want but there’s usually a reason for it. If you’re not interested then don’t worry about them.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm not worrying at all, you're the one who made a huge deal out of me stating that I had zero interest in these figures. Practice what you preach.

Anyway, apparently those figures weren't supposed to be put out until next week so they might be coming alongside those Chibi 6-pack and 12-inch figure reissues. I'm actually looking forward to the Chibi pack as I missed out on it the first time.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Those are really new (old) releases? Interesting...
What else is part of that new wave?
Size DOES matter!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Petezilla wrote:Those are really new (old) releases? Interesting...
What else is part of that new wave?
Nothing. That's literally all that's on the back of the box: King Caesar and Ghidorah.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ odd choice not to include a Godzilla in the same scale if they want to keep interest in these alive...
Size DOES matter!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Precisely why "this isn't for the fans only" is an odd, and 99% false, statement.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Petezilla wrote:^ odd choice not to include a Godzilla in the same scale if they want to keep interest in these alive...
True 'dat. To not include a Goji in the wave is more than 'odd', it's bizarre... :eh:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Guys, can you like go have your aneurysm in another thread? Trying to watch this one for news/reveals on upcoming BC KoTM merch and your screeching about reissues is giving me a digital headache.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

With Bandai America having lost the Power Rangers license to Hasbro, something I thought could never happen. Is it possible they could lose the Godzilla license?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

If anything, it's just old stock. When I did that bit of coverage at Bandai's headquarters for the Mothra repaint, I remember them telling me that they still had a lot of unsold figures in the warehouse there.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote:

If anything, it's just old stock. When I did that bit of coverage at Bandai's headquarters for the Mothra repaint, I remember them telling me that they still had a lot of unsold figures in the warehouse there.
Weird that they'd produce brand new boxes for old stock. The person who posted the photo says that the boxes don't have any of the 60th anniversary logos from 2014 and only had King Caesar and Ghidorah on the back. Unless I missed a period where Bandai made figures with those boxes back in like 2015, that's a really odd thing to do with old stock.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Weird that they'd produce brand new boxes for old stock. The person who posted the photo says that the boxes don't have any of the 60th anniversary logos from 2014 and only had King Caesar and Ghidorah on the back. Unless I missed a period where Bandai made figures with those boxes back in like 2015, that's a really odd thing to do with old stock.
Cheaper to make a new box than a new figure. Toho controls the way the packaging looks so if anything, it's updated.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote: Cheaper to make a new box than a new figure. Toho controls the way the packaging looks so if anything, it's updated.
That doesn't make any sense, though. If this is old stock, it wouldn't have new packaging. It would have the packaging from 2014/2015. It wouldn't be changed because it would already have been produced.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote: Cheaper to make a new box than a new figure. Toho controls the way the packaging looks so if anything, it's updated.
That doesn't make any sense, though. If this is old stock, it wouldn't have new packaging. It would have the packaging from 2014/2015. It wouldn't be changed because it would already have been produced.

Going to be gearing up with them again soon so I'll see what I can find out.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Good to know, thanks Chris. This is a very weird development.