Shin Godzilla vs The Guardian Monsters

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Shin Godzilla vs The Guardian Monsters

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Shin Godzilla:
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla/2

King Ghidorah (GMK):
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/King_Ghidorah/GMK

Mothra (GMK):
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Mothra/GMK

Baragon (GMK):
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Baragon#Godz ... Out_Attack

Battle takes place in Tokyo at night. King Ghidorah starts off powered up, and is scaled to Shin Godzilla's height. Shin can also evolve whenever he needs to.

Verdict: I find this match to actually be kind of tough. While Shin is outnumbered, he has a lot of weaponary to keep up with them and evolve. But it really depends on if he can evolve fast enough and take all of their attacks. Abstaining.
Resized Image 

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Godzilla vs The Guardian Monsters

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

As much of a noncombatant as Shin is, and his issues with running out of fuel included, he wins this just because the guardian monsters are that crap. Baragon has no way of hurting him, Mothra's doing jack all, and Ghidorah is the one who actually has something to hurt Shin... which is going to lead to Shin freaking the hell out, and putting on the laser show that turns all three of these fragile pieces of filth into swiss cheese.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

As soon as Shin is hurt in any serious way, he's going to go berserk and obliterate all 3 of them and the entire surrounding area in a fantastic light show.

It would be pretty to watch, though.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Giratina93 wrote: pieces of filth
Jeez, what did the poor things ever do to you? :shock:

I don't disagree with your assessment, though. Shin is going to shred these guys, with Ghidorah being the only one who might do a little damage on the way out.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yeah, I would concur. Honestly, I'm not sure Baragon and Mothra could do much even if they were the mainstream versions; most mainstream Ghidorahs, I at least think could do some damage and tank the response... but Guardian Ghidorah doesn't have the strength required to withstand the counter-assault.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Shin Godzilla practically destroyed an entire city while standing still. He has fire power coming out of every part of his body, which will decimate the three guardians. Baragon and Mothra don't stand a chance. Ghidorah might get in a hit or two, but nothing that will kill Godzilla. When Godzilla turns on the laser light show, Ghidorah will be wiped out.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

I'm of the opinion that Shin Godzilla's energy beams would viciously wreck kaiju with high-tier durability, so the Yamato Guardians are doomed; however, there is a glimmer of hope...

What effect do you think the Yamato Guardians would have if they tried subduing Shin with their spirits? It temporarily worked on GMK Godzilla, so who knows what it might do to Shin.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tomzilla wrote: What effect do you think the Yamato Guardians would have if they tried subduing Shin with their spirits? It temporarily worked on GMK Godzilla, so who knows what it might do to Shin.
It would stop him for about 30 minutes, and then he'd evolve a way to get past it.

:| It's kind of his M.O

RIP Evan.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

This is why I don't like Shin Godzilla FMs. He's such a one-note creature that every single battle will start off exactly the same and end with one of two outcomes: Shin gets attacked and flips out, at which point either his opponent gets vaporized or they survive and win by default. There's really no battle to discuss. Pretty much the only discussion to be had is whether or not the opponent is durable enough to survive the laser light show of doom. And in this case, basically everyone is in agreement that the Yamato Guardians don't have what it takes to do that.
Tomzilla wrote:What effect do you think the Yamato Guardians would have if they tried subduing Shin with their spirits? It temporarily worked on GMK Godzilla, so who knows what it might do to Shin.
Would it really matter, though? They'd still be dead and he wouldn't be. And he'd just go to sleep afterward anyway.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It would stop him for about 30 minutes, and then he'd evolve a way to get past it.

That's... really not how Shin's ability to evolve works. If it was, he would have been immune to the weaponry used against him in the final act, considering what he was injured by earlier in the movie.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

SoggyNoodles2016

Inferno Rodan wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It would stop him for about 30 minutes, and then he'd evolve a way to get past it.

That's... really not how Shin's ability to evolve works. If it was, he would have been immune to the weaponry used against him in the final act, considering what he was injured by earlier in the movie.
Oh, yeah. My bad. Probably not going to evolve out of it.

Then again, I always considered the final battle more "so many things happening at once, Shin gets sensory overload and can do little but beam spam, making him easier to knock down" then "all these weapons are genuienly affecting him."
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

True. That said, I see the Guardians spirit attacks' efficacy based, in part, on the fact that GMK Godzilla was alsoa spiritual being, motivated by spirits. With Shin being more naturalistic, I can see it having no effect; or possibly, like nagic against Superman, being super-effective because he has no defense.

But I lean toward the first possibility.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Inferno Rodan wrote:That's... really not how Shin's ability to evolve works. If it was, he would have been immune to the weaponry used against him in the final act, considering what he was injured by earlier in the movie.
What weapons hurt him during the final act? I seem to remember him taking the missiles without flinching. Are you referring to the coagulant?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

kamilleblu wrote:What weapons hurt him during the final act? I seem to remember him taking the missiles without flinching. Are you referring to the coagulant?
The train bombs.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

SoggyNoodles2016

Inferno Rodan wrote:
kamilleblu wrote:What weapons hurt him during the final act? I seem to remember him taking the missiles without flinching. Are you referring to the coagulant?
The train bombs.
Again, that always seemed more like a "what the fuck was that," reaction then a "I've been hurt" reaction

RIP Evan.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Honestly now looking at it, yeah, Shin decimates the poor guardians with his light show.
Resized Image 

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Shin Godzilla is on an entirely different level as far as his overall power goes.

He turns all three of them to ash with no trouble at all.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Shin Godzilla would destroy Mothra if given the chance. As fast as she is, she wouldn't be fast enough to evade so many lasers coming at her at once. There's no information on how the stingers she fires effect their target, so those are negligible. Baragon's burrowing would keep it safe as well as allow it to get in some hits, but the beams and Godzilla having multiple ways to fire them would keep him grounded. It would be able to trip it which would give its allies something of an advantage with how much of a lumbering kaiju it is (this weakness could keep Mothra from getting obliterated thanks to the speed advantage).

The big advantage the Guardian Monsters have is the god of the sky, Ghidorah. Specifically King Ghidorah and the shield powr: not only would the shield nullify its long range strategy but the powerful attack form of the ability would likely critically injure Godzilla if it didn't kill it outright (I say that because its durability is weak). I would give it to the Guardian Monsters.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Shin's durability is weak? I would consider him more durable than any Godzilla that came before. Even a bunker-buster exploding inside his body did him no apparent lasting harm.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Zarm wrote:Shin's durability is weak? I would consider him more durable than any Godzilla that came before. Even a bunker-buster exploding inside his body did him no apparent lasting harm.
It was pretty clear it was injured when it screamed in pain when they hit. It didn't seem to be fatal as it kept going, but you do see it get hurt.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

HillyHulk wrote:
Zarm wrote:Shin's durability is weak? I would consider him more durable than any Godzilla that came before. Even a bunker-buster exploding inside his body did him no apparent lasting harm.
It was pretty clear it was injured when it screamed in pain when they hit. It didn't seem to be fatal as it kept going, but you do see it get hurt.
It caused pain, sure. But a high explosive went off amidst its organs and did nothing to slow him down. Without any quantifiable injury, I can't see that supporting a case of low durability.

Maranatha!