The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
KManX89
G-Grasper
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby KManX89 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:49 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.


Without the ass controls and more to do besides destroying generators.

A 3 player online fight mode with health and other power-ups so two guys don't double team one player wouldn't hurt, either.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:36 am

KManX89 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.


Without the ass controls and more to do besides destroying generators.

A 3 player online fight mode with health and other power-ups so two guys don't double team one player wouldn't hurt, either.

I wasn't really refering to that game, I mean if a Godzilla game really was given that much love like I said I'm certain the game wouldn't be remotely similar with gameplay as the Bandai game. Heck of a lot of potential.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
JGAR
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3027
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Gotham City, Gotham

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby JGAR » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:46 pm

PIPEWORKS Studios Willing To Do GODZILLA Game HD Remasters From Series, Fans Called To Show Interest and Demand To Atari By Signing Petition

Since the wake of a new wave of Godzilla films storming from a revived and booming Godzilla franchise, and since the wake of HD Videogame Remasters, fans have long since demanded and dreamed of the Pipeworks Studio developed and Atari published Godzilla Videogames to make a return from their vault.

To play their fantastic brawlers on next-gen consoles, to make new memories of city-level combat, kaiju-ruled battles, and glorious domination of tournaments and online-play. For years this vocal demand from the invested consumer fanbase has drummed and piled on, and now fans have been given a chance to make their dreams come true!

By social media via Twitter, Pipeworks has openly acknowledged the growing consumer demand for HD remasters of Atari's published Godzilla Game Trilogy. Encouraging that they are passionately willing to come to the table to make it all a reality if Atari is willing to meet them and G-fans halfway.

If you want an HD Remaster of Atari's GODZILLA Games, then let Atari see your demand by signing this petition!
https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-ge ... the-market

And not just that, voice your consumer demand upon Atari's official facebook page and twitter account!!

https://www.facebook.com/atari/

https://twitter.com/atari

Please by kind and respectful when voicing your demand and consumer interest in wanting these games back. Do not spam Atari, and do not be rude. Remember, none of this can happen without them.

Having said that, GET READY TO CRUMBLE!!

Spread the word, sign the petition, and let your interest and demand as a consumer and Godzilla fan be known to Atari! ^_^ Meet us halfway Atari, we're all willing if you are to make this dream a reality!


https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-get-the-pipeworks-godzilla-trilogy-back-on-the-market
Yooo 8-)

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13687
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:28 am

change.org


It's not happening.
Image

User avatar
Loganrules115
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:20 pm
Location: New York

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Loganrules115 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:30 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
change.org


It's not happening.

Perhaps, but pushing the fans to show interest is integral if we ever get another Godzilla game in the future.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Chris55 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:06 am

Loganrules115 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
change.org


It's not happening.

Perhaps, but pushing the fans to show interest is integral if we ever get another Godzilla game in the future.


Probably a better chance this time around since the feedback was so much stronger.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

User avatar
jayson
Yojimbo
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby jayson » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm

It's nice to see Pipeworks is interested based on the timing of the next two movies, but asking for a petition without knowing what type of numbers they're looking for doesn't feel all that helpful. I feel like a realistic number would be like 25,000 signatures in the hopes that at least half of them, if not more, would purchase the game.

Also what type of release would they be talking about? The original games with better textures or redone models with improved details that are at least on par with the PS4 release. One game? All three? There's a lot of questions to be asked all around.

I know I sound negative but the CKC game left a bad taste in my mouth. Not only that but what has Atari been doing lately? How about Pipeworks?
Last edited by jayson on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13687
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products. Considering the (current) majority of the Pipeworks Godzilla games' fans are younger fans, this likely won't mean anything in the long run.

Do I not want it? Heck no. I'd love to see updated remasters of these games on proper consoles (ESPECIALLY the bugged hell that is Unleashed). But it's important to understand that these type of things don't always work (who remembers the wonderful fiasco of the Bandai Creation Mecha King Ghidorah and Anguirus 1955 petition?)
Image

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1345
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby G1985 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 am

UltramanGoji wrote:Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products.


This x100. While I agree that 2019 is probably the best possible time for a re-release of the Pipeworks titles, that's no guarantee that it would be profitable even with the tie-in publicity. Consider the amount of bad press that the 2014 game received - those memories alone will almost certainly scare off some retailers from carrying any Godzilla title. Petition signatures probably will need to number in the high tens of thousands before retailer fears are overcome enough to generate interest to carry the game in brick-and-mortar stores.

Here's a fascinating look at the (lack of) profitability for video games: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-typical-earnings-profit-of-a-AAA-game
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Could Team Ninja make a good Switch-exclusive Godzilla game?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:59 am

Just make a Godzilla cooking simulator and everyone will be happy. Boom game of the year.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Loganrules115
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:20 pm
Location: New York

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Loganrules115 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:28 pm

G1985 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products.


This x100. While I agree that 2019 is probably the best possible time for a re-release of the Pipeworks titles, that's no guarantee that it would be profitable even with the tie-in publicity. Consider the amount of bad press that the 2014 game received - those memories alone will almost certainly scare off some retailers from carrying any Godzilla title. Petition signatures probably will need to number in the high tens of thousands before retailer fears are overcome enough to generate interest to carry the game in brick-and-mortar stores.

Here's a fascinating look at the (lack of) profitability for video games: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-typical-earnings-profit-of-a-AAA-game

The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy. It wouldn't take long for the narrative around the rerelease to change.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13687
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Loganrules115 wrote:The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy.


The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.
Image

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 9735
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:07 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy.


The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.


It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.
Image

User avatar
Gerdzerl
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: Inside an 80's neon space station in high orbit
Contact:

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Gerdzerl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm

I really, really hope that petition leads to something. We're never going to get a Godzilla 4, so this would be the next best thing.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Chris55 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy.


The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.


It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.


Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 9735
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:55 pm

Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.


It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.


Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?


I wouldn't know, I didn't really catch Cuphead fever.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Loganrules115
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:20 pm
Location: New York

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Loganrules115 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.


It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.


Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?

I believe you are correct.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby Chris55 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Loganrules115 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.


Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?

I believe you are correct.


Should all this work out, I'd like to see physical copies of the remasters (with the Matt Frank reversible art of course)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests