The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Imagine Predator in Ancient Egypt.

Skreeonk even the Ice Age. I'd love to see a Predator take on a smilodon fatalis.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Imagine Predator in Ancient Egypt.

Skreeonk even the Ice Age. I'd love to see a Predator take on a smilodon fatalis.
Hell, a Short Faced Bear.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

TyrantGojira wrote:Hell, a Short Faced Bear.
Why isn't this an comic adaption?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Maritonic wrote:That all sounds nice, but I don't know. The Alien and Predator video games tend to do well when they're most directly channeling the feel of their films. Alien: Isolation re-creates the feel and tension of the original Alien SO well. Predator: Concrete Jungle you felt like a Predator in the city.

I think those are definitely interesting concepts but what would the goal be? Not snark. Curious. Are we talking a glorified space hunter simulator? What about other Predators in the universe? And the lore? Would it fit in the film canon? Would their be Xenos?

I personally think it would be really fun to do a horror survival game against the Predator, though then it's basically just a carbon copy of Alien: Isolation.
I didn't really get to thinking about the story, I focused on mechanics. If I were in charge, I'd cherry pick the most popular pieces of the lore, but in terms of canon, I'd basically say it was non canon.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I saw a compilation of clips from The Predator, and there were two scenes that stood out to me with the Fugitive Predator.

One scene was the Fugitive Predator attacking an armored truck and killing the soldiers in the back, the driver hears the commotion, and asks if everything is ok. The Predator then takes a severed arm, and arranges the fingers to give a thumbs up, and slides the arm to the front where the driver is. I thought that was kinda funny, and an interesting interaction with a human and Predator.

Another scene was the Fugitive Predator taking a member of the main cast hostage in front of the other characters, the whole squad points their weapons at him, the Predator then dabs his finger to the ground, signaling the others to drop their weapons. Another interaction I liked. It's cool when filmmakers show humans and Predators communicating with one another.
Adding on to this, I loved how during the lab escape scene, the Fugitive Predator picks up an assault rifle and sprays it around wildly one-handed to kill some mooks. It was a nice character moment to show how much of a combat pragmatist the Fugitive was. It's really frustrating that he ends up biting the bullet so early in the film.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

They could just make a "Dark Souls" Predator game where you travel
from planet to planet collecting "trophies" & "resources" to upgrade
your armor & tech.

Oh wait...the Predator's don't collect "trophies" they collect DNA samples
to alter & upgrade their own bodies...even though the Predator race(s)
wouldn't need to do that.

Does anyone else here understand what the film "The Predator" (Sh!t title!)
has actually done to the entire franchise?

It has retconned the entire Predator race & the reason why they "hunt" in
the first place.

Until "The Predator" is declared "non-cannon" this franchise is well
& truly, 100% completely fucked.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Grievous wrote:They could just make a "Dark Souls" Predator game where you travel
your armor & tech.

the first place.

I heard that the implications of the movie were originally that only one faction of Predators were upgrading themselves with DNA but the movie was so butchered in the editing room that the scene mentioning that part got cut out. And I'm pretty sure moving forward that this movie will be completely ignored anyways.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KillCrites wrote:
Grievous wrote:They could just make a "Dark Souls" Predator game where you travel
your armor & tech.

the first place.

I heard that the implications of the movie were originally that only one faction of Predators were upgrading themselves with DNA but the movie was so butchered in the editing room that the scene mentioning that part got cut out. And I'm pretty sure moving forward that this movie will be completely ignored anyways.
This is correct, there was a scene where it's explained that only this particular faction of Predators were genetically splicing, not the ones from Predator or Predator 2. It was some rogue clan. Which I would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more okay with. But the scene was cut.

I just can't accept that the Jungle and City hunters were both going for DNA. I can't. It's so out of character for what was on screen. I could absolutely accept that this particular clan was going for DNA, that the Fugitive was maybe more of a purist, and had a problem with it. Or something. I don't know. That would make me feel so much better about where the film sits.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

KillCrites wrote:I heard that the implications of the movie were originally that only one faction of Predators were upgrading themselves with DNA but the movie was so butchered in the editing room that the scene mentioning that part got cut out. And I'm pretty sure moving forward that this movie will be completely ignored anyways.
Yeah...I've heard A LOT of stories & rumors about what this film could have been...
but none of that matters because of the end result...which was basically The Last
Jedi meets Suicide Squad for the Predator franchise.

This movie deserves to be completely ignored by everyone...everywhere...forever.
Taken from the "Fixing Movies" Thread:

Fixing The Predator:

Oh God...here I go...

~ A Predator ship lands on Earth containing 2 Yautja...An old, deformed "genetic engineer" (named Bones
for the sake of this write up) & his brother...the huge, "Upgraded" Predator (named Hybrid in this write up)...
~ These 2 Yautja are fugitives who have been hopping from planet to planet, taking genetic material from
any animal they choose as Bones uses it to upgrade Hybrid into the "Perfect Organism"
~ "Project Stargazer" dispatches their "Elite Unit" (McKenna leading "the Crazies" who have been a team for
years serving the government in covert operations) to find & capture the latest Yautja visitors...
~ Meanwhile the Yautja High Council dispatches their greatest hunter (A "Classic" Predator named Orion) to
finally put an end to the "genetic tampering" being carried out...
~ The Crazies find the cloaked/hidden Yautja ship...only for the Brothers to suddenly appear & attack the
Stargazer base directly, killing all the scientists but one (Dr. Bracket) & seizing all the past Yautja tech
including the "Xenomorph Tail" spear from the end of Alien vs. Predator...
~ The Crazies return to the Stargazer base while the Yautja brothers return to their ship as Bones begins
his work anew taking his own DNA & fusing it with a pack of wolves he has captured while taking some of
the Xenomorph DNA and "Upgrading" his brother with it...
~ The Crazies meanwhile find Dr. Brackett who explains what has happened as suddenly Orion decloaks
in front of them & after a brief "misunderstanding" an agreement is reached...The Crazies will help Orion
kill his targets & in return he will allow them to live...if they survive the battle.
~ The final showdown takes place at the Brothers ship with Orion, The Crazies & Dr. Brackett attempting
to take down Bones (& his "Yautja" Wolves) & Hybrid (who is now "Perfect" but has been driven to the brink
of insanity though the genetic tampering)
~ Once the battle is over...all the Crazies are dead bar McKenna & while he has lost a hand & had half his
face melted off in the process Orion (Thanks to timely interference by Dr. Brackett) has captured both Bones
& a now "broken" Hybrid. Orion "offers them up" to McKenna who kills both fugitive Yautja...their heads
being taken by Orion as proof of his mission completed...
~ Orion takes the Brothers ship while blowing up his own (& the Stargazer base with a bomb he planted
earlier) as Dr. Brackett decides to leave with Orion hoping to be an "Emissary" for the human race on
the Predator home world...leaving McKenna to return home to his family...role credits.

Post Credit scene: Dr. Brackett is seen being fitted with her own modified Predator armor on the Predator
home world before she appears in front of the Yautja High Council, Orion vouching for her as its cuts to
black just as she is about to speak.

And I'm Done.
Last edited by Grievous on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

your armor & tech.

the first place.

& truly, 100% completely skreeonked.
The river. We must drown the film and all of its copies.
We must restore our honor. Jungle and City Hunter are counting on us.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:The river. We must drown the film and all of its copies.
We must restore our honor. Jungle and City Hunter are counting on us.
DROWN THEM ALL!!!

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Wanna see something truly "Special"?

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/12/29/al ... /#avpgcbox

Apparently Ripley was gonna cameo....

In a Predator film....

Why......

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for there to be a Xenomorph egg in the ship. It would have been better than that goofy Predator suit.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

2004Zilla wrote:Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for there to be a Xenomorph egg in the ship. It would have been better than that goofy Predator suit.
My brother pointed that out walking out of the theater and I totally agree. End the film with a Facehugger leaping out of the pod and onto the camera before cutting to credits would have been a big saving grace towards the film. I hated the Predator suit but if the other choice was Ripley then I love it. Honestly should have been Arnold or the hero of Predators(2010).

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

cloverfan98 wrote:Wanna see something truly "Special"?

In a Predator film....

Why......
Oh skreeonk, I wonder what the next deleted ending scene is gonna be....... :shock: X_X
Seriously, what the skreeonk were they thinking? What the skreeonk were they thinking?
WHAT THE SKREEONK WERE THEY THINKING?????!!!?!

There's a difference between fan whining and legitimately thinking of stupid, horrible, ideas. My head hurts.

I swear, that next alternative ending is gonne be something either awful or an actual **good** ending to this trainwreck.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

As if Fox couldn't be even bigger idiots then before.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

And how exactly were they going to convince us that Ripley was in a movie that takes place like 250 years before she's born?

Oh and also being a cameo in the WRONG. FUCKING. FRANCHISE.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

See ya guys this is why the Alien and Predator movies just needs to die. If you want to continue them do it in the form of video games and comics.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

cloverfan98 wrote:Wanna see something truly "Special"?

In a Predator film....

Why......
Because the filmmakers had no idea what the fuck they were doing...
2004Zilla wrote:Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for there to be a Xenomorph egg in the ship. It would have been better than that goofy Predator suit.
No.
cloverfan98 wrote:End the film with a Facehugger leaping out of the pod and onto the camera before cutting to credits would have been a big saving grace towards the film.
NOTHING could have saved this film.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:See ya guys this is why the Alien and Predator movies just needs to die. If you want to continue them do it in the form of video games and comics.
Yes.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Grievous wrote:
No.
Yes, I was.