The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.
Without the ass controls and more to do besides destroying generators.

A 3 player online fight mode with health and other power-ups so two guys don't double team one player wouldn't hurt, either.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

KManX89 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Just give Godzilla the same amount of love as the Arkham and the new Spider-Man game (s) and we should be good.
Without the ass controls and more to do besides destroying generators.

A 3 player online fight mode with health and other power-ups so two guys don't double team one player wouldn't hurt, either.
I wasn't really refering to that game, I mean if a Godzilla game really was given that much love like I said I'm certain the game wouldn't be remotely similar with gameplay as the Bandai game. Heck of a lot of potential.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

PIPEWORKS Studios Willing To Do GODZILLA Game HD Remasters From Series, Fans Called To Show Interest and Demand To Atari By Signing Petition

Since the wake of a new wave of Godzilla films storming from a revived and booming Godzilla franchise, and since the wake of HD Videogame Remasters, fans have long since demanded and dreamed of the Pipeworks Studio developed and Atari published Godzilla Videogames to make a return from their vault.

To play their fantastic brawlers on next-gen consoles, to make new memories of city-level combat, kaiju-ruled battles, and glorious domination of tournaments and online-play. For years this vocal demand from the invested consumer fanbase has drummed and piled on, and now fans have been given a chance to make their dreams come true!

By social media via Twitter, Pipeworks has openly acknowledged the growing consumer demand for HD remasters of Atari's published Godzilla Game Trilogy. Encouraging that they are passionately willing to come to the table to make it all a reality if Atari is willing to meet them and G-fans halfway.

If you want an HD Remaster of Atari's GODZILLA Games, then let Atari see your demand by signing this petition!
https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-ge ... the-market

And not just that, voice your consumer demand upon Atari's official facebook page and twitter account!!

https://www.facebook.com/atari/

https://twitter.com/atari

Please by kind and respectful when voicing your demand and consumer interest in wanting these games back. Do not spam Atari, and do not be rude. Remember, none of this can happen without them.

Having said that, GET READY TO CRUMBLE!!

Spread the word, sign the petition, and let your interest and demand as a consumer and Godzilla fan be known to Atari! ^_^ Meet us halfway Atari, we're all willing if you are to make this dream a reality!
https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-ge ... the-market
Yooo 8-)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

change.org
It's not happening.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
change.org
It's not happening.
Perhaps, but pushing the fans to show interest is integral if we ever get another Godzilla game in the future.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
change.org
It's not happening.
Perhaps, but pushing the fans to show interest is integral if we ever get another Godzilla game in the future.
Probably a better chance this time around since the feedback was so much stronger.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

It's nice to see Pipeworks is interested based on the timing of the next two movies, but asking for a petition without knowing what type of numbers they're looking for doesn't feel all that helpful. I feel like a realistic number would be like 25,000 signatures in the hopes that at least half of them, if not more, would purchase the game.

Also what type of release would they be talking about? The original games with better textures or redone models with improved details that are at least on par with the PS4 release. One game? All three? There's a lot of questions to be asked all around.

I know I sound negative but the CKC game left a bad taste in my mouth. Not only that but what has Atari been doing lately? How about Pipeworks?
Last edited by jayson on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products. Considering the (current) majority of the Pipeworks Godzilla games' fans are younger fans, this likely won't mean anything in the long run.

Do I not want it? Heck no. I'd love to see updated remasters of these games on proper consoles (ESPECIALLY the bugged hell that is Unleashed). But it's important to understand that these type of things don't always work (who remembers the wonderful fiasco of the Bandai Creation Mecha King Ghidorah and Anguirus 1955 petition?)

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products.
This x100. While I agree that 2019 is probably the best possible time for a re-release of the Pipeworks titles, that's no guarantee that it would be profitable even with the tie-in publicity. Consider the amount of bad press that the 2014 game received - those memories alone will almost certainly scare off some retailers from carrying any Godzilla title. Petition signatures probably will need to number in the high tens of thousands before retailer fears are overcome enough to generate interest to carry the game in brick-and-mortar stores.

Here's a fascinating look at the (lack of) profitability for video games: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-typi ... a-AAA-game
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could Team Ninja make a good Switch-exclusive Godzilla game?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Just make a Godzilla cooking simulator and everyone will be happy. Boom game of the year.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

G1985 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Petition signatures =/= sales numbers. It's easy to type your name online at no charge, it's another thing to drop down real world money on actual products.
This x100. While I agree that 2019 is probably the best possible time for a re-release of the Pipeworks titles, that's no guarantee that it would be profitable even with the tie-in publicity. Consider the amount of bad press that the 2014 game received - those memories alone will almost certainly scare off some retailers from carrying any Godzilla title. Petition signatures probably will need to number in the high tens of thousands before retailer fears are overcome enough to generate interest to carry the game in brick-and-mortar stores.

Here's a fascinating look at the (lack of) profitability for video games: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-typi ... a-AAA-game
The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy. It wouldn't take long for the narrative around the rerelease to change.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Loganrules115 wrote: The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy.
The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote: The complains directed at the PS4 Godzilla game wouldn't apply to a remastering of the Pipeworks trilogy.
The name "Godzilla" is associated with poor sales and reviews to retailers who would stock the remasters. That matters more, and has more input, than fan response.
It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I really, really hope that petition leads to something. We're never going to get a Godzilla 4, so this would be the next best thing.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
It's part of the reason a lot of games are going digital only now, so if a game sells poorly less money is lost on making physical copies.
Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Wasn't Cuphead digital only upon release but only when it turned a profit, did it go physical (and then the merch came)?
I wouldn't know, I didn't really catch Cuphead fever.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I believe you are correct.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
I believe you are correct.
Should all this work out, I'd like to see physical copies of the remasters (with the Matt Frank reversible art of course)