Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, those are what I meant. Same line, new name.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Yeah, those are what I meant. Same line, new name.
Do the Savage Strikes 'roar'? I hadn't heard, either way...

Oh, and the re-branded human figures just showed up at my Wal-Mart.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm admittedly making some assumptions, here. 99% of my info on the JW toys comes from you. :lol: But if the Suchomimus was originally a Roarivores (which is what I've been assuming, never having seen one in the wild) I thought the series it's being rereleased in would be the same type of figures...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:I'm admittedly making some assumptions, here. 99% of my info on the JW toys comes from you. :lol: But if the Suchomimus was originally a Roarivores (which is what I've been assuming, never having seen one in the wild) I thought the series it's being rereleased in would be the same type of figures...
Gotcha. Sucho & Stego( and the discontinued Carno )were part of the Action Attack lineup, which is now defunct. It has been replaced by the Mega Dual-Attack line, which will initially be comprised of Sucho/Stego, but with two action features instead of one, and new paint schemes. Amargosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus are supposed to be in Mega Dual-Attack later on. Attack Pack will be pretty much the same, with a mix of re-paints and new dinos. Roarivores is done, with Sinoceratops wave( Wave 3 )being the last. Savage Strike will replace Roarivores, with a slightly lower price point.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

It's a shame us in the UK never got the Action Attack dinos.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Birdman wrote:It's a shame us in the UK never got the Action Attack dinos.
Really? Carnotaurus and Stegosaurus were pretty common here in the 'States. Suchomimus was a bit of a pain, though. Maybe the new one will be easier...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay, I get it now. Thanks.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Dino Rivals Attack Packs are hitting now. Rhamphorynchus, Dracorex, Velociraptor Delta, re-paint Protoceratops( which looks more dk. grey than purple now)have been found...

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Gamorrean Guard was the same way though. It was there and then it was gone for a long time, then it popped in and out, then it showed up in stores, lol. So I dunno. That email from the Mattel rep is so weird and uncharacteristic, but even real, things change in business so who knows!
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Some people are getting their Spinosaurus, but a lot are still not, so the situation has not been rectified. At least not completely. I do not think it will, until Mattel releases a Spinosaurus that is a mass release. Of course, it will not have the same paint aps - or packaging - as the Target release...

EDIT: Just saw the re-packed Super Colossal T-Rex( Dino Rivals )at a local Target...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just found the wave with the rhamphorynchus, dracorex, blue proto, and Delta at Walmart. Unfortunately, I'm broke, but the rham and Draco are insta-buys once I get paid. And I actually kinda prefer the blue proto over the previous color, but meh. I'll live with what I have.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Yah, the Dracorex and Rhamforynchus are must-buys for me too, as they are new and not just repaints. Haven't seen them here yet... :(

Actually, I'm reconsidering buying ANY of those new Attack Packs. My local Wally just got some in, but a bigger Wal-Mart down the highway has several pegs FULL of those things. I'm picking up the smell of overproduction...

EDIT: The 2018 Attack Packs and Roarivores are the movers & shakers on the secondary market right now, with the exception of the green Velociraptor( re-packed into Wave 3, and appearing in too many other sets ) and the Roarivore Triceratops( in all THREE waves - whose idea was THAT?!? )and the Roarivore Pteranodon( apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this sucker was TOO BIG to be a Pteranodon ). The new Dino Rivals Attack Packs secondary mkt. prices will likely implode like a dying balloon as the shelves become clogged with them...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Stumbled across the JP Legacy Gallimimus at Target just now. I didn't even know it existed, but I'm glad it does; I didn't like the last Galli figure, but this is a big improvement. I've always wanted this species in my collection, so that's a major box checked off. As a bonus, it was on sale, so I saved two bucks.

The new Suchomimus was also there, and as I hoped, it looks way better in person than the pictures. I'm too broke to get it today, though, and it'll presumably be cheaper at Walmart whenever they get it in.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ If you want the BLUE Suchomimus, I wouldn't wait too long. The supply of Action Attacks is depleting, and the Mega Dual Attacks will be taking their place shortly. A YELLOW Sucho will be taking the blue one's spot...

Getting tired of looking for the Battle Damage Pteranodon & yel./brn. Velociraptor at Wal-Mart... :(

EDIT: BTW, the Dual Attacks are Parasaurolophus, Concavenator, & Triceratops. I'm up for the first two, but the Trike is the same sculpt as the Roarivores one, sans sound effects, but with head AND tail action. BIG pass on that one... X_X
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm fine with either color for the Suchomimus. And yeah, I'll likely be getting the Parasaurolophus and Concavenator, too. The Triceratops is doomed to clog the pegs for months...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

FYI, sales at Target: Basic Legacy Collection dinos $7.99, Alan Grant + dinos multipack $27.99, STEM dino-skeletons $4.99( I picked up the Trike ).

Saw the Dino Rivals SuperColossal T-Rex at Wal-mart and guess what? It's Battle Damaged again!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, the Rexes are falling off the shelves at my Walmart. I'm not a big fan of the figure, though, battle damaged or not. It's a little oversized. I have the old Bull T. Rex, anyway, and one big Rex is all I really have room for. I'm going to have to buy a new shelf for next year's haul as it is. :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Next year, the Extreme Chompin' T-Rex and the Baby T-Rex will be back in the JW Legacy Collection - in the same package & re-painted! The EC Rex will be GREEN, with dark green highlights on it's face/back, and Rex Jr. a yellowy green w/ dark green stripes on it's back. There are pics on YT if anyone wants to check it out. Hearkens back to JP2: The Lost World, I suppose. I'll be picking one up...

EDIT: Savage Strikes have appeared in Canada. AND the Styracosaurus is ONE per case! Whose idea was THAT?!? :eh:
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

FYI--I found a Spino IN STORE!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br3pZtdn627/
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Salzilla wrote:FYI--I found a Spino IN STORE!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br3pZtdn627/
Target USED to know how to handle their exclusives. But not any more...