'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

For Destoroyah to appear since the Oxygen Destroyer might be in KotM and being as equal of a threat as King Ghidorah was. I don't want him in GvK since that movie should be Godzilla's and Kong's fight but in an future installment as activation of the Oxygen Destroyer can eventually build up to him and being an foe for Godzilla and Kong to team up against.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:For Destoroyah to appear since the Oxygen Destroyer might be in KotM and being as equal of a threat as King Ghidorah was. I don't want him in GvK since that movie should be Godzilla's and Kong's fight but in an future installment as activation of the Oxygen Destroyer can eventually build up to him and being an foe for Godzilla and Kong to team up against.
***cue Legendary buying the rights to skreeonking Death Ghidorah*** I mean him and Destoroyah have the same wings.... :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:For Destoroyah to appear since the Oxygen Destroyer might be in KotM and being as equal of a threat as King Ghidorah was. I don't want him in GvK since that movie should be Godzilla's and Kong's fight but in an future installment as activation of the Oxygen Destroyer can eventually build up to him and being an foe for Godzilla and Kong to team up against.
I think we should get a Destroy All Monsters sort of film after Godzilla 3 and Kong 2 (and maybe 3) and a possible Mothra or Rodan solo film. By this point if we had gotten to see King Caesar and Anguirus in the Monsterverse then I'd be all set. I do think we should also see Manda and Varan in the Monsterverse by that point. Imagine if it became like The Walking Dead in the sense that people are worried one of the big guys like Mothra Rodan King Kong(earning this title after GVK) or Godzilla won't make it. Destroyah would kill at least like 2 monsters and wound all of the others terribly.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:***cue Legendary buying the rights to skreeonking Death Ghidorah*** I mean him and Destoroyah have the same wings.... :P
Well Desghidorah is also another wishlist of mine and honestly he can easily work in the MonsterVerse being a species related to King Ghidorah in the same way how crocodiles and alligators are.

I doubt he'll happen but a guy can dream and he'd be the perfect villain for a solo Mothra movie with Battra as an secondary antagonist.
KingKong2005 wrote:I think we should get a Destroy All Monsters sort of film after Godzilla 3 and Kong 2 (and maybe 3) and a possible Mothra or Rodan solo film. By this point if we had gotten to see King Caesar and Anguirus in the Monsterverse then I'd be all set. I do think we should also see Manda and Varan in the Monsterverse by that point. Imagine if it became like The Walking Dead in the sense that people are worried one of the big guys like Mothra Rodan King Kong(earning this title after GVK) or Godzilla won't make it. Destroyah would kill at least like 2 monsters and wound all of the others terribly.
Definitely down for all of that. :D
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Regarding the end of Godzilla 2…
Spoiler:
With all the Titans becoming subservient to Godzilla, I’d like to see Godzilla vs. Kong turned into a hidden “Destroy All Monsters” movie at the end, with Godzilla leading Kong and the other monsters into battle.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Regarding the end of Godzilla 2…
Spoiler:
With all the Titans becoming subservient to Godzilla, I’d like to see Godzilla vs. Kong turned into a hidden “Destroy All Monsters” movie at the end, with Godzilla leading Kong and the other monsters into battle.
Yes, yes, a million times yes!
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

In the final battle with King Ghidorah in KOTM, I want the song "Slam Jam" to be edited to fit Godzilla's remastered theme.

Godzilla: "HEY YOU WATCHA GONNA DO?"

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Since most of us agree that G14 will probably get a DVD re-release around the time KOTM comes out, all I want is for Legendary to release that deleted scene with Akira Takarada. That's all, I just wanna see his cameo.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Here's mine.

1. A movie with an American version of Kiryu. Basically the Godzilla skeleton turns into a cyborg a la Kiryu. But this time, Kiryu breaks free and escapes, destined to live his own life. Oh and he's Godzilla's older brother.

2. Gigan. This version would be a giant meat-eating therinzosaur who killed Kiryu and his girlfriend. Kiryu and Godzilla get their revenge and eventually kill Gigan after a long battle.

3. King Ceasar. I wrote a plot summery in the one "monsters you'd like to see thread".

4. Gorosaurus and Titanosaurus as species of dinosaurs that exist in the African Rainforest.

5. Baragon appearing as Australia as the Bunip.

6. Kong's son, Kiko (The unofficial name of Kong's son in Son Of Kong)9. Godzilla

7. Manda and the Mu Empire trying to take over the world...and failing.

8. Destroyah killing off most of the monsters in order to complete himself. His DNA was damaged via the Oxygen Destroyer and he kills the other titans to get their DNA and to be the most powerful titan of all.

9. Godzilla turning into Super Godzilla and killing Des. He eventually finds a female Godzilla and they have a son. New titans emerge and crown him the undisputed King Of The Monsters.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

* Absolute must appearances of Biolante, Destroyer, Mecha Godzilla and Titanosaurus in future entries.
* Titan civil war with Team Godzilla vs Team Destroyer, battling in dominance of the earth's richest nuclear energy which is running out.
* Cross over with Pacific Rim and Gamera
* Go crazy with new MUTO designs, I wanna see some ultra mega sized "Ancients" that makes Godzilla look like a teddy bear.
* Evil human org cloning kaijus and planning to destroy the world, Godzilla and Co saving the day.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Weaponized Titans
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Solid, well written, well shot films with proper continuity & a greater
focus on how the world as a whole is effected by the presence of the
Titans.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Should the MonsterVerse continue without Kong or Godzilla or both, I like to see Warner Bros get into the monsters they've had the rights to, like Mighty Joe Young, the Rhedosaurus, the ants from Them, the Black Scorpions, etc.

Speaking of, out of curiousity, What other monsters, big or small, did Warner Bros produce or distribute?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Since most of us agree that G14 will probably get a DVD re-release around the time KOTM comes out, all I want is for Legendary to release that deleted scene with Akira Takarada. That's all, I just wanna see his cameo.
YES!!!

A thousand times, "yes!"
I will never forgive Legendary for not including it in the theatrical cut, whatever their rational may be, but, for the love God and Godzilla, release it in some way!
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I expect a 4 Pack release of Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island (2017), Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) around the time when the latter comes out on disc.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Since most of us agree that G14 will probably get a DVD re-release around the time KOTM comes out, all I want is for Legendary to release that deleted scene with Akira Takarada. That's all, I just wanna see his cameo.
YES!!!

A thousand times, "yes!"
I will never forgive Legendary for not including it in the theatrical cut, whatever their rational may be, but, for the love God and Godzilla, release it in some way!
I think a great way for WB & Legendary to get the word out to the GA that all of these films are connected is to re-release G14 and KSI on special "MonsterVerse Editions", advertise them in the same commercial, and have it end with a quick plug for KOTM. Kinda like "See Godzilla: King of the Monsters, in theaters May 31st", or something like that. That way the average Joe-Schmo sitting on his couch should realize they are all related to each other.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

At the very least, you can count on a 4K release for G14. Kong has one and Pacific Rim does too, so it's the only one left out currently.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Also they need to fix the fucking lighting they screwed up, I'm sick of having to adjust my TV settings every time I want to watch it.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Also they need to fix the fucking lighting they screwed up, I'm sick of having to adjust my TV settings every time I want to watch it.

Yeah, there's really no good excuse for it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

And can we get a director's commentary from Gareth Edwards on the re-release of Godzilla 2014 as well?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!