ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah I guess you're right. My math must have been off.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I am both overjoyed and a little worried about this. What I really want to know, though, is how they'll portray the monsters and Ultraman/men--CW levels of CGI? Or good ol' practical effects? Also, will it be an original story or an adaptation of the original 1966 series?
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Titanoterror98 wrote:I am both overjoyed and a little worried about this. What I really want to know, though, is how they'll portray the monsters and Ultraman/men--CW levels of CGI? Or good ol' practical effects? Also, will it be an original story or an adaptation of the original 1966 series?
The guy in charge of Starlight Runner reportedly grew up watching Ultraman, so an element of practical effects will probably be retained in some way. If they choose to mimic the effects setup of the first two Zero movies (suitimation in CG environments), then I’d say we’re in a good place.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if it's suitmation combined with CGI?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Millenial88 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:I am both overjoyed and a little worried about this. What I really want to know, though, is how they'll portray the monsters and Ultraman/men--CW levels of CGI? Or good ol' practical effects? Also, will it be an original story or an adaptation of the original 1966 series?
The guy in charge of Starlight Runner reportedly grew up watching Ultraman, so an element of practical effects will probably be retained in some way. If they choose to mimic the effects setup of the first two Zero movies (suitimation in CG environments), then I’d say we’re in a good place.
Okay, I'm feeling much better now. :)
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

There she is!

Ultrawoman Grigio

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

:tearsofjoy: She's beautiful...

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Oh look, a trailer.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So I’ve taken a break from ultraman for a while. Is it just me or did crunchyroll remove some stuff?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:So I’ve taken a break from ultraman for a while. Is it just me or did crunchyroll remove some stuff?
They did. Lost the license.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

TOKU has gotten most (if not all) of the stuff removed from Crunchyroll, but just WHY said change occurred is anyone's guess.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MaxRebo320 wrote:TOKU has gotten most (if not all) of the stuff removed from Crunchyroll, but just WHY said change occurred is anyone's guess.
Which is dumb because I have a subscription to Crunchyroll, I do not have one to Toku and I can't afford to get a subscription to every bloody damn streaming service there is.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:TOKU has gotten most (if not all) of the stuff removed from Crunchyroll, but just WHY said change occurred is anyone's guess.
Which is dumb because I have a subscription to Crunchyroll, I do not have one to Toku and I can't afford to get a subscription to every bloody damn streaming service there is.
It is stupid, and I don't know who the asshole is (Tsuburaya or Crunchyroll). But that said, Toku does have some stuff (Notably Mirrorman, Jonias and Cosmos) Crunchyroll never had, so perhaps canceling CR and moving to Toku wouldn't be a bad idea.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
It is stupid, and I don't know who the asshole is (Tsuburaya or Crunchyroll). But that said, Toku does have some stuff (Notably Mirrorman, Jonias and Cosmos) Crunchyroll never had, so perhaps canceling CR and moving to Toku wouldn't be a bad idea.
Crunchyroll has the new Boogiepop anime along with One Piece and my g/f watches a ton of anime on there too.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

TOKU has a some big things going for it (cheaper and better selection than CR), but the fact that they don’t have a PS4 app yet is pretty much the one thing truly holding me back from switching services.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I'm curious: can you get TOKU on FireTV? I just got the original series boxset for Christmas and I'm loving it so far! I've been dying to watch this incredible series for years now, and I'd really like to keep up with it. By the way, any suggestions after I'm done the original?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Crunchyroll has the new Boogiepop anime along with One Piece and my g/f watches a ton of anime on there too.
Well, I'd still certainly recommend spending the $3.99 (or however much it is) for a month of Toku if you want to watch one of their exclusive shows, and then just quitting the service when you're done. Hell, I did that with Crunchyroll back when they simulcasted Ultraman.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Millenial88 wrote:TOKU has a some big things going for it (cheaper and better selection than CR), but the fact that they don’t have a PS4 app yet is pretty much the one thing truly holding me back from switching services.
I heard you can watch it on Amazon though, and there is a Prime app on the PS3 and 4. That is how I am watching some of my Doctor Who via BritBox.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:TOKU has a some big things going for it (cheaper and better selection than CR), but the fact that they don’t have a PS4 app yet is pretty much the one thing truly holding me back from switching services.
I heard you can watch it on Amazon though, and there is a Prime app on the PS3 and 4. That is how I am watching some of my Doctor Who via BritBox.
I might be wrong but I'm not sure if you can watch all of Toku's shows through the Amazon app.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I might be wrong but I'm not sure if you can watch all of Toku's shows through the Amazon app.
All of the Ultraman/Toku shows are on Amazon, but some episodes are strangely missing in Ultraman Cosmos (and possibly a few others). People have contacted them about it, but as of this post, there are still missing episodes.