Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dr. Professor wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Since I can't make it out myself, could you maybe describe what the mouth shape looks like? Does this thing sport a scorpion/spider-like mouth, are is this creature something else all together cause I really hope it's not just a big ass scorpion.
Sorry, my crops were pretty shit, haven't gotten used to Gyazo's GIF feature yet.

I tried outlining the mouth in Photoshop:

In the trailer it moves in kind of a curve, almost like the head part is sitting up. The mouth looks sort of circular, definitely not like that of a normal scorpion. Almost reminds me of the Meganulon from Megaguirus.

In case the outline doesn't help, I also drew what I think I'm seeing (obviously not what the creature will look like):
https://i.imgur.com/DUMWzp5.jpg

Sorry if these aren't much help.
You art skills are impeccable. :lol:
I know this was from forever ago, but After watching it a hundred times, I can finally make out what what your seeing is just the joint that bends the leg, each leg has this shape
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Well i think the Kaiju coming out of the mountain is Angurius. But i think that is highly unlikely but if Michael is hiding something from us and if it turns out to be Angurius. I will flip out and be excited as ever.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah, there's like a -100% chance it's Anguirus, if any. Seriously, common sense dictates that if they acquired the rights (and they are not cheap, mind you) to a relatively popular Toho monster, they would actually give it a proper role and do merchandising of it, instead of just giving it what seems like a glorified cameo. Why would they waste money on that, if they can just create their own monster to fill this small role.
It makes zero fucking sense from a marketing and commercial standpoint, people. You don't need to read any leaks to know that the new titans besides the main 4 are not Toho creations :lol:

Also, this looks absolutely nothing like Anguirus.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This reminds me of the MUTO #RodanConfirmed days.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Maritonic wrote:This reminds me of the MUTO #RodanConfirmed days.
Or the KSI days where everyone saw Kumonga in the trailer or Rodan on the poster. Ah, good times :lol:

And even ignoring the fact that there is zero chance there will be other Toho monsters in the movie, it is also not necessary. We already got adaptations of the 3 most famous Toho creations besides Godzilla here, let there be some new, fresh monsters to mix things up.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If I’m not mistaken, in the original period after G14 came out, didn’t Legendary announce that they have the rights to not only Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra...but also Anguirus?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:If I’m not mistaken, in the original period after G14 came out, didn’t Legendary announce that they have the rights to not only Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra...but also Anguirus?
Nope. They only announced they had the rights to Ghiodhra, Rodan, and Mothra. I don't remember anything about Anguirus.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maritonic wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If I’m not mistaken, in the original period after G14 came out, didn’t Legendary announce that they have the rights to not only Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra...but also Anguirus?
Nope. They only announced they had the rights to Ghiodhra, Rodan, and Mothra. I don't remember anything about Anguirus.
I'm paraphrasing here.

"Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah & others too"

The other would be probably be King Kong.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

That's what i'm thinking too. They probably didn't want to reveal Kong's involvment and the whole "Monsterverse" concept yet.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I'd say they are either:

1). New kaiju designed by Dougherty that will be introduced only to be quickly killed off...

2). They will appear & be fully revealed in a post-credit scene...

or

3). Much like Vishnu from the very first ever MonsterVerse teaser...they won't even be
in the film...

*Thinks*

Actually...I like the idea of Vishnu being the "Moving Mountain" kaiju...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dv-218 wrote:That's what i'm thinking too. They probably didn't want to reveal Kong's involvment and the whole "Monsterverse" concept yet.
Pretty much, they wanted to mislead you into thinking it was another Toho monster, cause before King Kong was announced we never thought a crossover would happen again because he is a copy right nightmare, up till he was announced we thought the original King Kong vs Godzilla was a once in a lifetime event.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Anguirus was definitely never mentioned.

There’s been rumors since 2014 that WB had another monster but I think it turned out to be Mechagodzilla, as they used him in RPO.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maybe the new kaiju are Gamera and Ultraman.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Maybe the new kaiju are Gamera and Ultraman.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/54/ce/4f/54ce ... nge-bob.jg]
Godspeed KaijuCanuck, godspeed.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Not much to go on, but I gotta say I like the idea of other titans. As to who they are, the leg one is Vishnu, obviouisly. No idea for mountain guy.

RIP Evan.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:the leg one is Vishnu, obviouisly.

How do you figure? That's not the monster from the G14 teaser. Doesn't look at all similar.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: the leg one is Vishnu, obviouisly.
Bloody fuck Soggy, do you have any idea how many people from Youtube and Godzillamovies.com you just summoned here with this post?! Have some mercy on us, man :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Dv-218 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: the leg one is Vishnu, obviouisly.
Bloody skreeonk Soggy, do you have any idea how many people from Youtube and Godzillamovies.com you just summoned here with this post?! Have some mercy on us, man :lol:
Dear god... :shock:
nah, I just meant until we get further stuff on the design, I'm calling him Vishnu because it's also a multi-limbed monster in a legendary Godzilla trailer.

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Is it possible the Unknown monster is the same one as the one from the Aftershock graphic novel?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:Is it possible the Unknown monster is the same one as the one from the Aftershock graphic novel?
Probably not, that would be honestly very boring (to me at least). And I think the monster in Aftershock was chosen way after the film was completed.