What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Titanoterror98 »

goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Been a rough week and a half. Almost two, now. What I mentioned last Monday (Tuesday?) is still going on. Got worse. Got a bit better. But still going on.

I started therapy on Saturday, and eh. We'll see how it goes. But today kinda has me bummed out. I finally made the choice to get the ball rolling on bariatric surgery (ball rolling, but process starting after the holidays 'cause I'm not eating yogurt and chicken broth on Christmas Eve). But it's kinda got me down because I really don't think I'm going to be able to do this surgery. It's such a radical lifestyle change, but not in like. A good way. So, for example here. They say if you drink one alcoholic beverage, within 13 minutes you'll have the B.A.C. of three drinks. If you get pulled over, you'll fail a breathalyzer test. That's not a life style change. A life style change is not drinking on week nights, and only having drinks socially with friends. I have to take a large amount of vitamins for the rest of my life, 10 minutes between each pill.

Sure, on one hand, these are changes that outweigh being obese. But like, good lord, what if I just want to have a coke once in a blue moon? Nope. Can't do it.

What sucks is I'm not even that unhealthy of a person. My stomach is just large from past unhealthiness and past binge eating issues, now under control, that if I try portion control I feel like I'm literally starving. So, on one hand I do a surgery that would completely limit my life and sure, I'd lose weight but I wouldn't really get to *enjoy* it except yay being skinny. On the other, I'm completely uncomfortable in my body and live a life of constantly fighting to lose weight.

None of this probably makes any sense to you guys, because you don't really know me so you probably picture a 400 pound guy eating donuts, fighting doctors off with a chicken wing. But that's not what's going on. Just kinda bummed.
Funny, I always pictured a strong minded (although weak at times) fun loving guy who has too much to take in. Regardless of your weight everyone here likes you for you and not what you look like.....unlike your poor wife that has to see that ugly mug of yours....... :lol: .

Also I did picture a "guy" not you eating doughnuts and fighting off doctors with a chicken wing..... :lol: . Man if I saw that I'd lose my ever loving shiit.

But to summarize....Were behind you 100% no matter what you do....
I second that--the last part I mean! It's your body, it's up to you do what you believe is the best. (sorry if my advice sounds superficial or unoriginal, but I really do think that you should what you are most comfortable with. Otherwise what's the point the point of being "healthy" if you can't be happy too?)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:I'm gonna visit one of my uncles today for his birthday, he's been suffering from cerebral stroke for years ago, and recently his chances for living are not good, probably with only 2-3 months for living; other effects of his cerebral strokes are rhat he can't eat normally, he will have his eyes closed the entire time, and he can't remember each member from our family.

I'm trying to not go to his birthday with a sense of sadness the entire time, but still, I'm feeling very sad of his state.
I understand what's like trying to spend time with a family member who has little time left and who don't act like themselves, so I'm proud of you for choosing to spend what time you have left with him. That's the best thing you can do now. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks man for the support, I really appreciate it!

I din't go to his birthday alone though, I went with my parents and my sister, but I still wanted to go so I can support my uncle even in his few months of living that he has. We were there with many uncles, aunts and cousins, thankfully we din't get to have a depression-fest in his house, but we still showed him a huge amount of love and care. He was with his eyes open and he was trying to smile at us when we were talking to him, but I still know that he was happy to see us even with the difficulties that he has.

So yeah, seeing him in that state was sad, but at least I was able to spent time with him before the dying process starts to go on full-effect. I will visit him again before Christmas, but at least the sense of angst that I was having hours ago before visting him is not that present anymore, I will make sure to spend time with him before he stops living in this world anymore. Once again, I appreciate your support for this tough moment! :)
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MrGoji1999 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:I'm gonna visit one of my uncles today for his birthday, he's been suffering from cerebral stroke for years ago, and recently his chances for living are not good, probably with only 2-3 months for living; other effects of his cerebral strokes are rhat he can't eat normally, he will have his eyes closed the entire time, and he can't remember each member from our family.

I'm trying to not go to his birthday with a sense of sadness the entire time, but still, I'm feeling very sad of his state.
I understand what's like trying to spend time with a family member who has little time left and who don't act like themselves, so I'm proud of you for choosing to spend what time you have left with him. That's the best thing you can do now. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks man for the support, I really appreciate it!

I din't go to his birthday alone though, I went with my parents and my sister, but I still wanted to go so I can support my uncle even in his few months of living that he has. We were there with many uncles, aunts and cousins, thankfully we din't get to have a depression-fest in his house, but we still showed him a huge amount of love and care. He was with his eyes open and he was trying to smile at us when we were talking to him, but I still know that he was happy to see us even with the difficulties that he has.

So yeah, seeing him in that state was sad, but at least I was able to spent time with him before the dying process starts to go on full-effect. I will visit him again before Christmas, but at least the sense of angst that I was having hours ago before visting him is not that present anymore, I will make sure to spend time with him before he stops living in this world anymore. Once again, I appreciate your support for this tough moment! :)
No problem, my friend! I'm glad you have the rest of your family to support you too! :D
I'm also happy to hear that he was happy to see you all despite his condition. It will still be a difficult process, yes, but as long you and your family are there for each other and you keep using the time he has left to be with him, it will get easier. Not right away, but in a gradually kind of way.
And if you need me, I'm always here if you need to talk. :)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Just had the most confounding conversation with an ex, and now I just feel all confused and gloomy. Serves me right trying to talk to her though, I guess.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Just had the most confounding conversation with an ex, and now I just feel all confused and gloomy. Serves me right trying to talk to her though, I guess.
Sorry, bro. Talking to an ex can definitely send your ship adrift in open waters, but you'll get back on course one way or another.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Just had the most confounding conversation with an ex, and now I just feel all confused and gloomy. Serves me right trying to talk to her though, I guess.
Sorry, bro. Talking to an ex can definitely send your ship adrift in open waters, but you'll get back on course one way or another.
Thanks man, I needed to hear that. This situation went from bad to worse today, but it's nothing that I didn't do to myself. Other people got real problems, I just gotta buckle down and move on.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

About a month ago, I ordered two Black Friday discounted Godzilla Blu-Rays from Sentai Filmworks. Shippment's been taking a while and I finally realized I could track it by UPS. It turns out somehow, they couldn't find my adress and are currently shipping it to FUCKING DES MOINES, IOWA.

What. The. Fuck.

RIP Evan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:About a month ago, I ordered two Black Friday discounted Godzilla Blu-Rays from Sentai Filmworks. Shippment's been taking a while and I finally realized I could track it by UPS. It turns out somehow, they couldn't find my adress and are currently shipping it to skreeonking DES MOINES, IOWA.

What. The. skreeonk.
I'm going to assume you don't live in Iowa.

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuCanuck wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:About a month ago, I ordered two Black Friday discounted Godzilla Blu-Rays from Sentai Filmworks. Shippment's been taking a while and I finally realized I could track it by UPS. It turns out somehow, they couldn't find my adress and are currently shipping it to skreeonking DES MOINES, IOWA.

What. The. skreeonk.
I live in Massachusetts.

RIP Evan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

What. The. skreeonk.
I live in Massachusetts.
I had to look up the distance because my knowledge of American state geography is pretty terrible - but holy crap, that’s far!!!

SoggyNoodles2016

Tell me about it.

I've figured out the situation (They got the wrong adress and we're shipping it back to the company, so they didn't just willy-nilly send it to Iowa.) but it's still frustrating and annoying. Especially because I really felt on top of this whole "adult" thing today and then poof! Reminder you're still have no common sense and makes easy mistakes!

RIP Evan.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

What. The. skreeonk.
I once ordered something from New Mexico (once again I'd like to mention I live in Texas) and it took a week and a half to get here. In the same order, there was something coming from Japan which came in four days.

Go imported guys. Their version of expedited shipping is firing it to your front lawn with a missile launcher.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

What. The. skreeonk.
Slipknot want your DVDs.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SuperBestFriendsPlay, a YouTube channel I've been watching for a little over five years, is ending. These guys' videos have introduced me to all sorts of things I would never seek out on my own like God of War and wrestling. To see the channel end is a pretty big blow, honestly.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

UltramanGoji wrote:SuperBestFriendsPlay, a YouTube channel I've been watching for a little over five years, is ending. These guys' videos have introduced me to all sorts of things I would never seek out on my own like God of War and wrestling. To see the channel end is a pretty big blow, honestly.

You too? I just came in this thread to post this. It's awful. But the thing that makes it worse is Matt and Pat not being friends anymore. Their dynamic was priceless. I started watching them when their Deadly Premonitions let's play came out, whenever that was. Feels like just yesterday. I don't know why, but it's like a punch to the gut.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

UltramanGoji wrote:SuperBestFriendsPlay, a YouTube channel I've been watching for a little over five years, is ending. These guys' videos have introduced me to all sorts of things I would never seek out on my own like God of War and wrestling. To see the channel end is a pretty big blow, honestly.
wait, really?!? shit, that sucks. best of luck to all of them.

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, I held my peace on that one for a long time. And now, for once, I didn't.

It was nice being socially accepted on TK while it lasted. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Zarm wrote:Well, I held my peace on that one for a long time. And now, for once, I didn't.

Wait, what happened? Did I or the rest of us miss something?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:Well, I held my peace on that one for a long time. And now, for once, I didn't.

Wait, what happened? Did I or the rest of us miss something?
Rant in another thread. I'm doubting it will be popular. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Although I disagree with some of what you said, you deservedly put that post in its place. I hope what he was suggesting was hyperbole, because it was horrible.