Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Do You Think?

Love it!
94%
Hate it...
No votes
Meh.
6%

Total votes: 97

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

Post by Dr. Professor »

Grievous wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I mean it's Power Rangers. If they're gonna do product placement they may as well be silly about it.

Also I love that movie.
Oh I agree...I didn't mind the product placement...
it actually made me laugh...in a good way...& I
actually enjoyed the film as well.

Elizabeth Banks was SO GOOD as Rita Repulsa.

I hope they get around to making a sequel.
It's such a fun film and it actually had a lot more heart than I ever expected a Hollywood blockbuster version of Power Rangers to have. I would be very happy to watch a sequel some day.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Grievous wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I mean it's Power Rangers. If they're gonna do product placement they may as well be silly about it.

Also I love that movie.
Oh I agree...I didn't mind the product placement...

It's such a fun film and it actually had a lot more heart than I ever expected a Hollywood blockbuster version of Power Rangers to have. I would be very happy to watch a sequel some day.
I liked it too, my one complaint was the style of the action, and the design of the suits/Zords. I get that they were probably thinking going tooooo much like the show didn’t fit the tone of the movie - but they could have tried to make it work just a little more. Some sparks, more weapons apart from Jason’s sword, less ‘Iron Man’ for the suits and more streamlined, a bit of a ‘blockier’ look for the megazord. The entire reason I like Power Rangers is the nutty bananas way the action is portrayed. The martial arts, all that dumb hand waving they do while they talk, the colour explosions behind them after they morph for the first time, I love that garbage... But overall I was pleasantly surprised by the film.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Grievous wrote: Oh I agree...I didn't mind the product placement...

I liked it too, my one complaint was the style of the action, and the design of the suits/Zords. I get that they were probably thinking going tooooo much like the show didn’t fit the tone of the movie - but they could have tried to make it work just a little more. Some sparks, more weapons apart from Jason’s sword, less ‘Iron Man’ for the suits and more streamlined, a bit of a ‘blockier’ look for the megazord. The entire reason I like Power Rangers is the nutty bananas way the action is portrayed. The martial arts, all that dumb hand waving they do while they talk, the colour explosions behind them after they morph for the first time, I love that garbage... But overall I was pleasantly surprised by the film.
I actually completely agree with all of this. Morphers are a big thing I was missing during the film. I'd be ok with the suits they used if they were brighter and the helmets were all individually unique like the show. I think all the action stuff is definitely a problem, but the character interactions are so good that I mostly forgive all of it. But if they do make a sequel, like Hasbro said they're trying to make happen, they could fix all of that then. I'm sure most people wouldn't demand an explanation to the sudden changes, except for maybe some members of the General "I can't suspend my disbelief" Audience.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Its funny...because if one film could have got away with basically "copying" all the
designs & "iconic" imaginary of the original source material...it was Power Rangers...
but Hollywood loves to "update & modernize" these classic & iconic properties for
some reason.

Of course I have to once again state I LOVE what they did with Rita Repulsa...but I
would have rather seen Goldar as a mutated, sword wielding, flying Gorilla than the
actual large scale Gold monster in the final fight.

If I was in charge of the sequel...I'd combine the classic Green Ranger arc with the
first appearance of King Mondo & the Machine Empire (who I would base on the moon).
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Grievous wrote: Of course I have to once again state I LOVE what they did with Rita Repulsa...but I
would have rather seen Goldar as a mutated, sword wielding, flying Gorilla than the
Agreed 100%. Goldar was a big disappointment, and I'm not even a big enough PR fan to think a change like that would disappoint me. But alas, the kid in me was sad to see what we got. Loved Alpha though! "We will kill you." "How?" makes me laugh every time. Bill Hader was a perfect choice for him.

OH SHIT I FORGOT. SO GHIDORAH, RIGHT? LOOKS PRETTY RAD. LOVE THAT GUY.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Dr. Professor wrote: Agreed 100%. Goldar was a big disappointment, and I'm not even a big enough PR fan to think a change like that would disappoint me. But alas, the kid in me was sad to see what we got. Loved Alpha though! "We will kill you." "How?" makes me laugh every time. Bill Hader was a perfect choice for him.

OH poop I FORGOT. SO GHIDORAH, RIGHT? LOOKS PRETTY RAD. LOVE THAT GUY.
Yeah...Ghidorah looks awesome!

Finally he may live up to his "King of Terror" title.

(P.S: Do the Mods get annoyed with off topic conversations around here?)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Grievous wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Agreed 100%. Goldar was a big disappointment, and I'm not even a big enough PR fan to think a change like that would disappoint me. But alas, the kid in me was sad to see what we got. Loved Alpha though! "We will kill you." "How?" makes me laugh every time. Bill Hader was a perfect choice for him.

OH poop I FORGOT. SO GHIDORAH, RIGHT? LOOKS PRETTY RAD. LOVE THAT GUY.
Yeah...Ghidorah looks awesome!

Finally he may live up to his "King of Terror" title.

(P.S: Do the Mods get annoyed with off topic conversations around here?)
I kinda wish the horns looked a little more unique, but other than that he looks rad.

(Yeah dude, they hate that shit.)
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Grievous wrote:Its funny...because if one film could have got away with basically "copying" all the
designs & "iconic" imaginary of the original source material...it was Power Rangers...
but Hollywood loves to "update & modernize" these classic & iconic properties for
some reason.

Of course I have to once again state I LOVE what they did with Rita Repulsa...but I

If I was in charge of the sequel...I'd combine the classic Green Ranger arc with the
first appearance of King Mondo & the Machine Empire (who I would base on the moon).
Wrong thread but your way jumping the gun if you want to do Mondo and the Green Ranger.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

miguelnuva wrote:Wrong thread
Then I'll keep my response to myself then.

KING GHIDORAH!!!

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Grievous on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

What do you think his wingspan is? Like 1200-1500 maybe? Shits ridiculous.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Shadowfyre wrote:What do you think his wingspan is? Like 1200-1500 maybe? Shits ridiculous.
Judging from that Antarctica shot where he fully spreads his wings to imtimidate Godzilla and the shot where he flies before the new Monarch plane, I guess it's somewhere around the 1000+ range (1100, 1200 etc). It's definitely humongous, that's for sure.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Yeah, it's crazy. I love it.