The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Besides, and this is the sad truth, with the exception of Rex and the T. rex as species, (Rexy would die of old age in my world) all the dinosaurs are nowhere near as famous or iconic as Godzilla.
I'd say they're almost on par. I would think just as many people know about Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, raptors, Parasaurolophus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and Spinosaurus as they do with Godzilla, some of which owe thanks to Jurassic Park for making them well known, two of which (Apatosaurus and Ankylosaurus) were already well known before they debuted in the franchise. Ask anyone what dinosaurs they know and those will be guaranteed answers, with maybe an exception to Parasaurolophus.

Wait... Where did this even stem from? Who's having a popularity contest between dinosaurs and Godzilla? People see dinosaurs and know it's a dinosaur like they see any giant lizard and think it's Godzilla.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Honest to god question: how is Maisie unrealistic? Human cloning is a million times more plausible than cloning a long extinct Mesozoic animal, and given cloning technology exists in this universe it was only a matter of time before they addressed the possibilities.

I just meant that at this point with the franchise I will not be shocked on whatever they present. At the end of Fallen Kingdom when we got a close up of Maisie's eye I was honestly expecting it to switch to a Raptor eye or something to show she has Dino DNA in her. Jurassic Park to me is longer a Dinosaur film it's a flat out monster movie. It started to take that turn at the end of TLW and went all the way in JP3 and never turned back.

An that's fine, I still enjoy it and it make's it easier to accept whatever ridiculous crap they add or have the Dinosaur's do. Rexy and Blue are the main reason's I will continue to watch them. Although once there gone or die I am not sure how much more Ill hang on to the franchise.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

How is Maisie shocking, though? I agree with KaijuKing, she's perfectly plausible for the JP world, and certainly an inevitability. I really don't get why people have such a problem with her.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

It's cause the cloning aspect of her character is dropped in haphazardly and only exists so she can say, "They're alive, just like me," at the end of the film (from my memory). Dinosaurs work in the series because we're given a very thorough explanation as for how they were cloned and the vast amounts of repercussions of doing such an act make up the themes of the first film. If Maisie really was the first cloned human, realistically there would have been tons of news coverage about it. Fallen Kingdom treats it as nothing more than a means to advance the plot which makes it so jarring that it's not ever really brought up again.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It was done in secret, so no, there wouldn't have been news coverage. I'll give you the other points, though, depending on where her character goes in JW3.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

2004Zilla wrote:It's cause the cloning aspect of her character is dropped in haphazardly and only exists so she can say, "They're alive, just like me," at the end of the film (from my memory). Dinosaurs work in the series because we're given a very thorough explanation as for how they were cloned and the vast amounts of repercussions of doing such an act make up the themes of the first film. If Maisie really was the first cloned human, realistically there would have been tons of news coverage about it. Fallen Kingdom treats it as nothing more than a means to advance the plot which makes it so jarring that it's not ever really brought up again.
It's literally said in the film that it was a secret project that Lockwood funded and when Hammond found out it ruined their friendship

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Do you actually legitimately believe that a group of scientists could just clone a human and keep it a massive secret between literally 2 people? Even the first film shows that Ingen's secret project about cloning dinosaurs was leaked to at least 1 other company.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

2004Zilla wrote:Do you actually legitimately believe that a group of scientists could just clone a human and keep it a massive secret between literally 2 people? Even the first film shows that Ingen's secret project about cloning dinosaurs was leaked to at least 1 other company.
in a movie about cloning dinosaurs and making genetic hybrids, I do

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The dinosaur project was massively larger and involved an ultra expensive private island...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Jurassic Park was also probably done with some kind of cooperation from the Costa Rican government. Besides human cloning in real life is an extremely viable possibility something which dinosaur cloning simply is not (and probably never will be).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Jurassic Park was also probably done with some kind of cooperation from the Costa Rican government. Besides human cloning in real life is an extremely viable possibility something which dinosaur cloning simply is not (and probably never will be).
Keep living the crazies will figure it out.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

With the weight of expectation long behind us, anyone just watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and just enjoy it?

I dusted off the Blu-ray and watched it again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the Indoraptor sneaking into the bedroom scene, that's so well done it's incredible.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:With the weight of expectation long behind us, anyone just watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and just enjoy it?

I dusted off the Blu-ray and watched it again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the Indoraptor sneaking into the bedroom scene, that's so well done it's incredible.
I enjoyed it. It was definitely an improvement over the last film IMO. The climax especially gave me Dino Crisis vibes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'll need to give it a rewatch pretty soon, here. I wasn't terribly impressed with it the first time, but I've decided not to care how it holds up critically. I enjoy even the worst Godzilla movies for whatever entertainment they do have to offer, and this franchise is the same way. I fully intend to just sit back and have fun with it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic Park 3 are the same film to me now, in a way. There both complete messes, but I can understand why they're such a mess, and enjoy the good parts.

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic Park 3 are the same film to me now, in a way. There both complete messes, but I can understand why they're such a mess, and enjoy the good parts.
Yeah...that's how I feel about the series.

I honestly give the 4 sequels a "free pass" because Dinosaurs...
even if they are complete messes.

The original film is a classic though...and I still read the
original novel at least once every couple of years.

You know what would be cool?

A Jurassic Park Netflix series that followed the book 100%
down to the minor details.

I would honestly be hyped for that.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Just put the Dilophosaurus in another movie.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Just put the Dilophosaurus in another movie.
Hear Hear!

Wait...shouldn't Jeff Goldblum want all the dinosaurs wiped out?

:P

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Grievous wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic Park 3 are the same film to me now, in a way. There both complete messes, but I can understand why they're such a mess, and enjoy the good parts.
Yeah...that's how I feel about the series.

I honestly give the 4 sequels a "free pass" because Dinosaurs...
even if they are complete messes.

The original film is a classic though...and I still read the
original novel at least once every couple of years.

You know what would be cool?

A Jurassic Park Netflix series that followed the book 100%
down to the minor details.

I would honestly be hyped for that.
A series would be great, as would a cartoon like the one that was planned after the original film.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Loganrules115 wrote:A series would be great, as would a cartoon like the one that was planned after the original film.
A cartoon? Were those ideas eventually adapted into the comic series?