Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Do You Think?

Love it!
94%
Hate it...
No votes
Meh.
6%

Total votes: 97

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I wonder if he flares his wings as an intimidation tactic.
I’m sure.

It’s fascinating to know this things the alpha predator of whatever world it came from and probably smarter than we are.

You think he's actually smarter than us? I mean, if he's stalking some of the humans like the first trailer seems to hint, he obviously possesses some level of intelligence. But idk if I've seen anything that would make me go that far.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Now we no longer need photoshopped pictures of Smaug to represent Ghidorah.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I wonder if he flares his wings as an intimidation tactic.
I’m sure.

It’s fascinating to know this things the alpha predator of whatever world it came from and probably smarter than we are.

You think he's actually smarter than us? I mean, if he's stalking some of the humans like the first trailer seems to hint, he obviously possesses some level of intelligence. But idk if I've seen anything that would make me go that far.
We have some dumb individuals in this world so it wouldn't suprise me if Ghidorah was smarter than some humans.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Not sure about him being more intelligent than humans, but it definitely seems like he's more than just another animalistic titan that follows it's instinct. He has no real reason for the destruction he causes, seems that he's just doing it for the sake of it.

If he is an Alien, i'm actually interested about what kind of world he originates from.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Of course he’s an alien, why else would he be found in Outpost 32?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Glad they didn't go with geisha fans for wings as many fans were pissing themselves demanding.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I quite like that he is both a wing-walker and classically bipedal. Makes his wings seem far more useful, and makes him walking actually make sense. In nature, wings that are larger than an animals body and not able to be used as extra legs usually only exist on animals that are better at flying than walking. I know Ghidorah is an alien AND a kaiju, so any talk of biology or realism is pointless, but its a nice touch.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

One thing I’m curious about is how he will fly. I think one thing that they need to do to distinguish Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah is change up how they act aerially.

I’m assuming Mothra flaps really fast like a butterfly, and Rodan is shown being a big glider. I wonder what (if anything) they’ll do with ghidorah and I realized the trailers showed us nothing of him flyin
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:One thing I’m curious about is how he will fly. I think one thing that they need to do to distinguish Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah is change up how they act aerially.

I’m assuming Mothra flaps really fast like a butterfly, and Rodan is shown being a big glider. I wonder what (if anything) they’ll do with ghidorah and I realized the trailers showed us nothing of him flyin
Ahh but they did:

So far the only shots of Ghidorah flying have been in his hypercane. I have a feeling that it's either a.) the only way Ghidorah can lift himself off of the ground or b.) his flight is literally so destructive that he creates the hypercanes whenever he flies. Or both.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I think Monarch or someone already stated that whenever Ghidorah takes flight, he creates those masses storms. And from the looks of it, he literally just has to fly around for a bit, and whatever city or town Ghidorah is in is completely decimated.

#BotM

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I for one am just amazed at how good Ghidorah looks. I think he looks fantastic. That scene of him posing off against Godzilla, and him a top the football stadium. Holy fucking fucking shit

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

I'll say it... I don't believe they could have done a better job designing the King of Terror; my inner child is squeeing in delight, if I am to be truthful! The wings are perfect; very large and visually functional, but not too fan-like. The two tails are in tact, the heads are a splendid mix of gorgeous and imposing, the gold color scheme works wonderfully... it is an all around excellent design, nigh-flawlessly capturing the imposing and regal nature of King Ghidorah. What I like most about this design isn't even related to the visuals; it is how easily it could have been botched. What could have been an absolute disaster... ended up ranking among my favorite Kaiju designs in quite a while.
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Remember when people were dying over the “leaked” designs on the computer screens that showed a different and thin KG? If that was a concept they chose right in the end...
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MrRockett wrote:Remember when people were dying over the “leaked” designs on the computer screens that showed a different and thin KG? If that was a concept they chose right in the end...
It might have been. Godzilla had so wired concepts in 2014.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm still not sure how I feel about this design, loved it for the toy, but seeing it in action for the trailer something seems off. Could just be unfinished CGI.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

So...

Ghidorah/Ghidrah may finally be an actual threat in a film
rather than the most awkward & janky kaiju ever created.

I've honestly never been that much of a fan of Ghidorah...
but hopefully this film (& the technology) will let him shine
brighter than ever before.

The idea of Ghidorah "manifesting" storms & hurricanes
is fantastic & the overall design is near perfect. I am
curious to see how his wings "fold up" when he's on the
ground but apart from that...he's Ghidorah...same old,
same old really.

Its an iconic design...so they didn't need to change much.

I personally would have hired Benedict Cumberbatch for
the role...but that would have been type casting.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Grievous wrote:I personally would have hired Benedict Cumberbatch for
the role...but that would have been type casting.
They actually have three actors playing Ghidorah. I think the center head is the same actor playing Rodan too. :)

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Pkmatrix wrote:They actually have three actors playing Ghidorah.
Yeah...I heard about that...

Each head/face is played by a different actor...which is cool.
Pkmatrix wrote:I think the center head is the same actor playing Rodan too. :)
Oh...really?

That is interesting...

Well still...it would have been cool to have Benedict Cumberbatch or Andy Serkis
involved with the MonsterVerse.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Grievous wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:They actually have three actors playing Ghidorah.
Yeah...I heard about that...

Each head/face is played by a different actor...which is cool.
Pkmatrix wrote:I think the center head is the same actor playing Rodan too. :)
Oh...really?

That is interesting...

Well still...it would have been cool to have Benedict Cumberbatch or Andy Serkis
involved with the MonsterVerse.
Actually, Serkis was brought in as an adviser when doing the motion capture for Godzilla in Godzilla 2014