IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Looks like IDW is releasing some more comics next year.

Kingdom of Monsters is getting a complete release
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28603973/er ... f-monsters

Rulers of the Earth Volume Two is finally coming!
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28772356/ch ... h-volume-2
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh boy...Kingdom of Monsters...How exciting?
Well maybe I should buy it since hey maybe if it does well more stuff? Easily getting Rulers of the Earth volume two.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

This means that the main IDW Godzilla story line will be available in four volumes now:

*Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters
*Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 1
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 2.

Much more convenient than the previous multiple volumes, if you ask me.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

So does IDW have the license to produce more Godzilla comics again or what?
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Not sure, surprised Matt Frank is not aware. I’d be incredibly excited if so and he was back. IDW is having it a bit rough lately,
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

mikelcho wrote:This means that the main IDW Godzilla story line will be available in four volumes now:

*Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters
*Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 1
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 2.

Much more convenient than the previous multiple volumes, if you ask me.
I recently just bought all three volumes of Kingdom of Monsters and all six volumes of Rulers of Earth for around $100 from my local comic book shop and eBay. Oh, my poor wallet!!! I didn't get Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Vol 1 because I can only find it on Amazon in acceptable condition for $3,214.59!!! Even though I just bought the single volumes, I might still buy the two new trades. Then I will have every single trade except for Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Vol 1.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

Does anyone have a contact at IDW?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

Yeah that’s the only reason why I don’t have ROE volume 5+6.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

That's just scalpers not idw

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Godzillian wrote:

That's just scalpers not idw
I know, it’s just a mystery why this particular volume is so expensive. Limited run or something?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

All it takes is one jagoff to list it for an obnoxious price and one idiot to fall for it. Then a chain reaction eventually forms of people believing they can get away with upping it by $5 until you finally get sellers listing it for hundreds of dollars with nobody buying.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The fact that it’s selling for 3000$ is really dumb, and just because something is listed doesn’t mean a single person is going to buy it. There’s a gigantic difference between what someone lists online and what the actual price is.

Anyways, I THINK, correct me if I’m wrong, the reason why vol 5 might be hard to acquire is because when the volume was released IDW had a problem with their printers. Volume 5’s first print was delayed and the paper was noticeably less quality (still not bad btw, I’m not knocking it), then the previous releases.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The fact that it’s selling for 3000$ is really dumb...
It's not selling for $3000. The only listing at that price is from a money laundering account on Amazon. It's actual selling price (according to sold eBay listings) is around $90.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maybe I should sell off my vol 5 and just get the 2nd complete collection :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzillian wrote:Maybe I should sell off my vol 5 and just get the 2nd complete collection :lol:
Yeah I’ll sell mine for 40 and make a profit!

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Yes, they’ve got it back!!
More than two years after publishing their last Godzilla comic IDW Publishing has signed a new licensing deal with Toho.
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... is-summer/

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've never read IDW comics, but I get the gist of them, so I'm super glad they've got the license back
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Great news! Even the only one of the IDW comics I really loved was The Half-Century War, comics are the perfect medium to get experimental with Godzilla and that's what I want to see with the franchise right now. I hope we get a good ongoing.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Yes, they’ve got it back!!
More than two years after publishing their last Godzilla comic IDW Publishing has signed a new licensing deal with Toho.
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... is-summer/
Oh hey holy shit
Just this week I was thinking “you know, it sucks how the IDW Godzilla comics just sort of petered out with Rage Across Time and Cataclysm, sort of wish we’d be getting more now that there’s new stuff coming out” and lo and behold
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Really? Sweet! Long as it is in the vein of Rulers of the Earth/Century War/Time/Cataclysm and less like Kingdom of Monsters/the weak one with the portals.