Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm fine with new monsters.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Living Corpse wrote:I'm fine with new monsters.
Me too. In fact, I think we need new monsters.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Exactly, though if one of them did turn out to be Koumonga I would be fine with that too, old lesser known b and c listers need love too. Can't always be classics or new.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Living Corpse wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Exactly, though if one of them did turn out to be Koumonga I would be fine with that too, old lesser known b and c listers need love too. Can't always be classics or new.
I agree, though I'd prefer that such monsters get more than, what I'm assuming to be, quick cameos.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Watching the Vimeo trailer, I think I see a mouth on the scorpion kaiju. Right in the center. As it comes out of the ground it closes.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:Watching the Vimeo trailer, I think I see a mouth on the scorpion kaiju. Right in the center. As it comes out of the ground it closes.
Anyway you could circle where to look?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So there's a close up of something burning hot walking through buildings, is that Rodan or another monster covered/made out of lava?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Living Corpse wrote:So there's a close up of something burning hot walking through buildings, is that Rodan or another monster covered/made out of lava?
Obviously Godzilla, you can tell by the shape
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

My eyesight is becoming poor, I can keep up with quick cuts anymore.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The only new guys we see in the trailer are the desert creature and the mountain, hopefully we’ll get to see the other ones in spots and trailers to come.

Hoping the monarch sciences starts to unlock these guys too, would love to see all their stats.
Spoiler:
Also, sorry to burst your bubbles but all the mystery monsters are new
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Although we saw little from from them, they sure do look interesting. I hope we get to see more of them (and maybe a few other titans) in the TV spots that will come out closer to the movie.

And yeah, I really don't understand why people are still thinking these might be Toho monsters. No way they have more than the big 4 without announcing them :lol:
Seriously, you have no idea how many "OMG ANGUIRUS!!1!" and "KUMONGA!!!111" comments I saw while browsing the comment section of the trailer...

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Idk why people jump to Toho monsters the second they see a new monster.
They did this back in 2013-2014 when everyone swore up and down the Male MUTO was Mothra or Rodan…

Idk why it’s such a strange concept for some people to just look at an unfamiliar monster and go “oh, a new guy!” Instead of going “OMG!!! WB spent thousands of dollars on a generic existing Toho kaiju instead of making their own for free!!!”.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Idk why people jump to Toho monsters the second they see a new monster.
They did this back in 2013-2014 when everyone swore up and down the Male MUTO was Mothra it Rodan…

Idk why it’s such a strange concept for some people to just look at an unfamiliar monster and go “oh, a new guy!” Instead of going “OMG!!! WB spent thousands of dollars on a generic existing Toho kaiju instead of making their own for free!!!”.
I can't tell you how many people I said "no it's a new monster called MUTO". Even when I posted synopsis from the film's site with them saying it's new monsters they would still insist it's Mothra or Rodan. Even for little kids that's just dumb.

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

M.U.T.O. wrote:...Black Scorpion, anyone?
Possible. I believe WB owns the right to that movie.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I was quite happy to see these guys in the trailer. It's nice to see some new blood.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

The other question is will these kaiju even fight Godzilla. I have a feeling they might just be there to wreck havoc on mankind and/or to create the big picture of Kaiju all over are awakening....or are they just fodder to demonstrate KG powers and he eliminates them quickly?
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:The other question is will these kaiju even fight Godzilla. I have a feeling they might just be there to wreck havoc on mankind and/or to create the big picture of Kaiju all over are awakening....or are they just fodder to demonstrate KG powers and he eliminates them quickly?
This isn't a big one but I'll tag it anyway.
Spoiler:
Ghidorah calls all the titans to wake up and is King.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Anonziller
Samurai

Post by Anonziller »

Kongamera wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:...Black Scorpion, anyone?
Possible. I believe WB owns the right to that movie.
They do. WB has the rights to the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, the Valley of Gwangi, and Them! as well.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

The arachnid kaiju definitely looks like it is in one of those Monarch bases in the Middle East. Possibly that Muto dig site in Pakistan that Jonah tried to breach?
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Obviously when they were excavating Ghidorah they accidentally drilled into Reptilicus. It's Reptilicus.