Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Ok....didn't see a particular thread on this one yet. With trailer 2 dropped today. What's your thoughts on the "Underground Emergence" kaiju and the "Moving Mountain" Kaiju?
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

baragon123
Samurai

Re: Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by baragon123 »

There's not much to go by. One looks like some sort of arachnid kaiju and the other looks like something akin to Baragon or Anguirus. Can't wait to see what they actually are, though.
Out of the grave, Death is stalking you, You can't escape, YOU'RE EATEN ALIVE!-Eaten Alive by Repulsion

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

The underground emergence one looks like some type of land based ebirah legs minus the front claws from what I could tell.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

This is all speculation, of couse, but I think the thing in the desert/beach is either Kumonga or Ebirah, or well, Not-Kumonga and Not-Ebirah, in case they don't have the rights for them. :lol:

The mountain thing... I don't know, maybe a new MUTO (unrelated to the 2014 MUTOs), but if I had to choose, I'd say it's either one of the five other kaiju or maybe even Megalon, but that's just me dreaming.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I just hope we get a nice look at everybody.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I personally hope it's Angurius.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Could be that Mega MUTO from the Aftershock graphic novel.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

So is this a spoiler free thread or???
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:So is this a spoiler free thread or???
I didn't know there was gonna be more than one new monster. -_-

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The claw one could just be some big insect they made for the film, or the equivalent of “not kumonga, kamacuras etc...”. Kumonga and a ton of Toho monsters aren’t really iconic, and are sort of generic so there’s no real point in making them Kumonga or whatever.

I feel like the mountain one is definitely angurius. Burrowing and coming out from underground was a trait he had in GvsMG, and I could sort of see the mountain being attached to the top of his shell.

As a preference, note that these are just brief shots, for all we know the weird claw thing will be all we get of it, so don’t get too attached.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

...Black Scorpion, anyone?
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Inb4 new monsters that appear for 15 seconds each, and the endless dumb bullshit fantasy matches that spawn from them
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Inb4 new monsters that appear for 15 seconds each, and the endless dumb bullshit fantasy matches that spawn from them
Word.

Also, the mountain mover looks like it has a turtle shell. :shock:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

It would probably be a good move to treat every thread but the spoiler thread as spoiler-free.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dr. Professor wrote:
It would probably be a good move to treat every thread but the spoiler thread as spoiler-free.
Aw, well speculate away...
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Definitely Anguirus or Baragon. Yep! Confirmed by absolutely no one.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

They had to know those two shots would send people speculating wildly about other Toho monsters, I’m most likely just feeling optimistic but I think it’s likely there will be other Toho monsters.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendaryMonster wrote:They had to know those two shots would send people speculating wildly about other Toho monsters, I’m most likely just feeling optimistic but I think it’s likely there will be other Toho monsters.
Or just show that there’s more monsters other then the big ones that they’re showing off.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendaryMonster wrote:They had to know those two shots would send people speculating wildly about other Toho monsters, I’m most likely just feeling optimistic but I think it’s likely there will be other Toho monsters.
Or just show that there’s more monsters other then the big ones that they’re showing off.
You’re not wrong that’s totally possible and I’m fully prepared to go in there and those to be contentedly new monsters, but for right now I’m gonna let my imagination go crazy haha

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

LegendaryMonster wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
You’re not wrong that’s totally possible and I’m fully prepared to go in there and those to be contentedly new monsters, but for right now I’m gonna let my imagination go crazy haha
Either way, its cool to keep us guessing....along the history of the franchise Toho has introduced new Kaiju that have become classics although a one and done appearance. Why not again? Sorta reminds me of the old Kong movies with the challenge monsters he faced. I mean even with the random giant condor that was a cool ode to Kong '33 imo with the pteradactyl.
Resized Image