Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Do You Think?

Love it!
94%
Hate it...
No votes
Meh.
6%

Total votes: 97

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Re: Titan Design Thread: King Ghidorah

Post by Hellblaze »

I love it they did a great job capturing them and I bet Japan right now is in love with the designs already. I'm seriously thinking Legendary is looking at fan art from Deviantart because Ghidroah's design looks very familiar on some artwork on that site from some artists that are famous for Kaiju designs using computer graphic art.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Meh, he looks too much like Heisei Ghidorah merged with a Gwyvern in the heads.
I was expecting something more alien-like, something more like Showa Ghidorah, with hair and fat legs and all that weird stuff. I like the Red Dragon inspiration, but everything else is just... meh, it's ok, I guess. Not even his color is something remarkable, he's just that greenish, soft yellow tone, I was expecting a really shinny Ghidorah.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Destorogoji wrote:Meh, he looks too much like Heisei Ghidorah merged with a Gwyvern in the heads.
I was expecting something more alien-like, something more like Showa Ghidorah, with hair and fat legs and all that weird stuff. I like the Red Dragon inspiration, but everything else is just... meh, it's ok, I guess. Not even his color is something remarkable, he's just that greenish, soft yellow tone, I was expecting a really shinny Ghidorah.
Bear in mind this is a static toy. Mothra in the trailer was already shown to have a lot more lighting and magic going on.

At least it’s a relief to find someone that’s complaining something is too similar, as to contrast to the usual ITS NOT MY GHIDORAH.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Truly a living extinction level event! Plus, his wings look like those of 1998 Ghido somewhat, even though the most likely inspiration are William Blake's paintings. Overall, i'm really loving this Ghido.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

When it comes to Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan I think the 54,56 and 61 designs were the big inspiration but with Ghidorah I think Grand King Ghidorah had a lot of influence here as I see that incarnation a lot in this design. This looks like a Ghidorah that is going to bully Godzilla and the other titans and I hope that find a way to bring him back in the monsterverse without making him weak like what befell Showa Ghidorah as this design is just to good to be one and done.

All 4 Titans do get me excited for what the other Titans will look like.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

miguelnuva wrote:All 4 Titans do get me excited for what the other Titans will look like.
Yes! Mike's creature designs for Krampus were so fun and creative, I hope that same creativity carries over into Godzilla: KOTM with the designs of the original Titans.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

What a beast! He's gigantic and sleek at the same time. I love it.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Definitely saw a wing walking stance in the trailer.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Tbh he basically appears to be a switcher (sometimes bipedal, sometimes wingwalker), which is pretty much what I expected. Pretty cool I gotta say, gives him a very sleek and animalistic quality.
Overall, after this trailer, this version of Ghidorah is shaping up to be my absolute favorite- I love how his design balances majesty, elegancy and sleekness with his menacing, threatening and monstrous nature. That shot with him landing down looked straight up demonic.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Move over Thanos.

baragon123
Samurai

Post by baragon123 »

After seeing the trailer and MonsterArts figure i'm totally sold on King Ghidorah. The design is simple yet still manages to make him look fearsome and badass. A testament to his awesomeness. Bravo!
Out of the grave, Death is stalking you, You can't escape, YOU'RE EATEN ALIVE!-Eaten Alive by Repulsion

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I still dislike him. Not so sure about his color, I guess I'll have to wait until the movie is out to get a better idea on how much he glitters, but right now, he just looks like a Wyvern and Heisei Ghidorah's love child.

I really liked how he moves, tho, specially in the final shot, he looks very agile for that gigantic size; not a fan of him wingwalking, but the rest of his movement is very smooth and awesome.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I'm beginning to rationalize the wing-walking by thinking since he's so huge (second tallest after Godzilla Earth!) he has to sometimes spread his weight out across all limbs to support his size, although he can still stand upright and flare his wings out when he needs to.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I do like how Ghidorah’s necks glow when he readying his gravity beams similar to how Smaug readies to breath fire. It is a nice effect I always liked with Smaug and I’m glad they used it on Ghidorah.

MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The heads look super Heisei in that last pic.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Fucking gorgeous.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

he looks really well done, but with only a couple well done shot's, i still can't form my final opinion on the design itself. at times it looks to much like Heisei.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I like that you can see his throats glowing.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I wonder if he flares his wings as an intimidation tactic.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dr. Professor wrote:I wonder if he flares his wings as an intimidation tactic.
I’m sure.

It’s fascinating to know this things the alpha predator of whatever world it came from and probably smarter than we are.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking