Neon Genesis Evangelion

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

In my opinion, the Angels were the only thing in which the Rebuilds surpass the TV Series.
Their sheer bizarreness and power were portrayed much better.
Everything else, agrees with UltramanGoji, the series is best.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^Yeah, and I do like the Rebuild films (oh man, Ramiel and Zeruel ROCKED in their scenes), but even without fully understanding the original series, the films strike me as being a "lite", more accessible take on the story - at least the first two. 3.0 became its own strange beast.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Look at what Netflix just announced.
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Baaaa baaaa ba ba, ba babababa bababa, ba ba baaaa ba ba, babababa baba ba!!!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

In order to truly appreciate this series, does one have to relate to it?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:In order to truly appreciate this series, does one have to relate to it?
Do you have to relate to anything to appreciate it? What kind of question is this?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:In order to truly appreciate this series, does one have to relate to it?
Do you have to relate to anything to appreciate it? What kind of question is this?
Dont know 'bout you but I can relate to it. I once splooged all over an unconscious girl face while at the hospital, so yeah it kinda helps.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Relating to art certainly doesn't hurt, but you don't need to relate to it to appreciate it.

Added in 22 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Dont know 'bout you but I can relate to it. I once splooged all over an unconscious girl face while at the hospital, so yeah it kinda helps.
Bruh, where have you been.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:
Have you guys even been in a giant robot????!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
I can neither confirm, nor deny, such events. :ninja:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
*pushes glasses up nose* ummmmmm ACTUALLY the Eva’s aren’t even robots SOOOOOOOOO...

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
*pushes glasses up nose* ummmmmm ACTUALLY the Eva’s aren’t even robots SOOOOOOOOO...
Technically speaking, they’re cyborgs.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

KaijuCanuck wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Have you guys even been in a giant robot????!
Dammit, this is what I get for not seeing anything from this series..... yet. Mark my words KaijuCanuck, one day when I do get around to watching it my jokes will be far superior and flawless for anyone to comprehend. ;)

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dammit, this is what I get for not seeing anything from this series..... yet.
As someone who generally dislikes anime, this is a fantastic series. I've revisited it on multiple occasions and I'm really excited this is going to be on Netflix so more people can be exposed to it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dammit, this is what I get for not seeing anything from this series..... yet.
As someone who generally dislikes anime, this is a fantastic series. I've revisited it on multiple occasions and I'm really excited this is going to be on Netflix so more people can be exposed to it.
In my case, I just don't watch anime because I never get around to it. As someone who loved Shin, it' be nice seeing more from Anno the Mad Titan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Bruh, where have you been.
At war with the furries........

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

LegendZilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Technically speaking, they’re cyborgs.
I mean, apart from the entry plug, everything else in an Eva is biological, so...does that even matter?
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

interesting/bad news (depending on your opinion): it seems Netflix is redubbing the series with a new cast instead of rereleasing the ADV dub.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook. ... -comments/

RIP Evan.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:interesting/bad news (depending on your opinion): it seems Netflix is redubbing the series with a new cast instead of rereleasing the ADV dub.

Interesting, I wonder if they're using the cast Funimation uses for the rebirth movies. Hopefully they won't mess up The End Of Evangelion again.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:interesting/bad news (depending on your opinion): it seems Netflix is redubbing the series with a new cast instead of rereleasing the ADV dub.

Interesting, I wonder if they're using the cast Funimation uses for the rebirth movies. Hopefully they won't mess up The End Of Evangelion again.
I'm honestly fine with a new dub; the old one doesn't hold a candle to the original voice acting, and Spike Spencer's Shinji, even taken as its own interpretation, just isn't that good.

As for the Rebuild cast: I believe it's confirmed that none of the original voice actors are returning, so it won't be the Rebuild cast, since Shinji, Misato and Asuka all have the same VAs in the original series and Rebuild dubs.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon