Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Tyrant28 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote: ? You can see all three of his heads in both the underwater concept art and the paintings.
Not in the final cave painting of him fighting godzilla. You can only see the neck, ending in what looks like a rather mangled stump.

As for the concept...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4878/4611 ... 0c4f_o.jpg

I only see two heads and, again, a stump - though i could be wrong.
There are definitely three heads in both of the pictures. While it is harder to see in the version from the Kong:Skull Island post credit scene because of the shadow and the picture is black and while, the Licensing Expo a while back had the same exact painting but brighten and you can see all three heads.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8hQ1j1Qr.jpg[/img
Even then I don’t think anything of Ghidorah’s design was finalized besides the basic silhouette.

And there is definitely another head in the underwater concept, you can even see the bottom jaw and its chin spikes.
[imghttps://i.imgur.com/umKYOmm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/img]
Again, you and I are referring to different cave paintings. That one is the first ghidorah cave painting - I'm talking about the second one, where he fights Godzilla.

As for the concept, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't see what you're referring to.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: Not in the final cave painting of him fighting godzilla. You can only see the neck, ending in what looks like a rather mangled stump.

As for the concept...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4878/4611 ... 0c4f_o.jpg

I only see two heads and, again, a stump - though i could be wrong.
There are definitely three heads in both of the pictures. While it is harder to see in the version from the Kong:Skull Island post credit scene because of the shadow and the picture is black and while, the Licensing Expo a while back had the same exact painting but brighten and you can see all three heads.
Even then I don’t think anything of Ghidorah’s design was finalized besides the basic silhouette.

And there is definitely another head in the underwater concept, you can even see the bottom jaw and its chin spikes.
[imghttps://i.imgur.com/umKYOmm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/img]
Again, you and I are referring to different cave paintings. That one is the first ghidorah cave painting - I'm talking about the second one, where he fights Godzilla.

As for the concept, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't see what you're referring to.
Did you see the trailer? And the sillouette of Ghidorah and his 3 heads that took up the whole screen?
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

All of the cave paintings depict Ghidorah with three heads, including the ones of Godzilla vs Ghidorah and Godzilla and Mothra vs Ghidorah.

The third, rightmost head in that concept art is over Godzilla’s left shoulder, obscured by his tails.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Jaqua92 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:

Did you see the trailer? And the sillouette of Ghidorah and his 3 heads that took up the whole screen?
Yes. I did. I don't think youre paying attention to what I'm saying.

I said There's a chance he emerges with only two heads. Not he only has two heads throughout the film.Having one shot with three heads doesn't disprove that.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

You can see all three heads in the ice though and Monarch files state he has three heads.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: Again, you and I are referring to different cave paintings. That one is the first ghidorah cave painting - I'm talking about the second one, where he fights Godzilla.

Yes. I did. I don't think youre paying attention to what I'm saying.

I said There's a chance he emerges with only two heads. Not he only has two heads throughout the film.Having one shot with three heads doesn't disprove that.

It's unlikely he emerges with two heads.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Are you talking about this one?

Because that still looks like three heads to me. I can maybe, maybe see the top one just being a neck; but I don't think so.

If this isn't the one you're talking about, show us which, because no one seems to be getting it.

P.S.
Also, he looks to have three heads even in the ice:
Last edited by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would it be interesting if there was a scene in which Ghidorah’s middle head asserted dominance over the other two?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

LegendZilla wrote:Would it be interesting if there was a scene in which Ghidorah’s middle head asserted dominance over the other two?
Pretty much a given since Mike Dougherty keeps bringing up the fact that each head has different personalities.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So did we get anything King Ghidorah related yet?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Living Corpse wrote:So did we get anything King Ghidorah related yet?
Yep.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MonarchScien ... 6574702593
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:So did we get anything King Ghidorah related yet?
Yep.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MonarchScien ... 6574702593
Just loving how fluid KG moves he's gonna be the most physically imposing Ghidorah we have yet.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

So regarding the Twitter video, I'll throw in my two cents.

The scene is showing either

A. Ghidorah landing
B. Ghidorah lifting off
C. Ghidorah wing walking

I lean toward landing/about to land. His heads are doing the thing dragons' heads tend to in movies when they fly and he is low to the ground, but his wings do not appear to be on the ground or even close to the ground from what I can see.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One thing is for certain, We will finaly be relieved of the endless photoshoped Smaug shots to represent Ghidorah.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So with the movie finally having came out. I want to ask my fellow TohoKingdom users how well our beloved King of Terror and Destroyer of Worlds King Ghidorah will hold up against other cinematic villains of this year along like Joker, Palpatine, Pennywise, Scar, Thanos, etc.?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I liked how this KG had some similarities with his ROM3 incarnation, the wing beams and regeneration come to mind. I guess having an influence on other creatures would be another thing they kinda had in common.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

He was great. Every single thing he did was great.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So with the movie finally having came out. I want to ask my fellow TohoKingdom users how well our beloved King of Terror and Destroyer of Worlds King Ghidorah will hold up against other cinematic villains of this year along like Joker, Palpatine, Pennywise, Scar, Thanos, etc.?
I feel the comparison is hard to make since each of those villains are more... human-like? If that makes any sense? Ghidorah is more of a living natural disaster with bickering heads.

On a personal level? I’d say Ghiddy is up there on my favorite villains of the year. He stole the show every time he showed up and that design just oozes wickedness. My favorite incarnation of the character so far!

On a general level? I don’t think it’s hard to make a better antagonist. So I wouldn’t doubt that many others would say “There are better villains.”

Idk. I loved the big guy(s?) tho.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dynomy-DX wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So with the movie finally having came out. I want to ask my fellow TohoKingdom users how well our beloved King of Terror and Destroyer of Worlds King Ghidorah will hold up against other cinematic villains of this year along like Joker, Palpatine, Pennywise, Scar, Thanos, etc.?
I feel the comparison is hard to make since each of those villains are more... human-like? If that makes any sense? Ghidorah is more of a living natural disaster with bickering heads.

On a personal level? I’d say Ghiddy is up there on my favorite villains of the year. He stole the show every time he showed up and that design just oozes wickedness. My favorite incarnation of the character so far!

On a general level? I don’t think it’s hard to make a better antagonist. So I wouldn’t doubt that many others would say “There are better villains.”

Idk. I loved the big guy(s?) tho.
Completely agree, while the other villains are more human-like, Ghidorah is a literal walking terror, he vaporizes and eats humans, destroyed Washington DC, caused Cat 6 hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning storms.

I mean, come on, that's just the coolest.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote:Completely agree, while the other villains are more human-like, Ghidorah is a literal walking terror, he vaporizes and eats humans, destroyed Washington DC, caused Cat 6 hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning storms.

I mean, come on, that's just the coolest.
Can't get anymore evil then that. ;)

Easily up there in terms of evilness with Joker and Palpatine without a doubt.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.