GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I’d be all for Kaiju from the cartoons and other company crossovers to appear as well.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

After seeing his take on Neo I would love if Rulers of Earth did an arc where Legendary Godzilla appeared.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

I just picked up a majority of this series but I was curious about one thing: Can someone point me to the collective of idiots who that it would be a good idea to charge several hundred bucks for the Rulers of Earth volume 5 from the TPB collection on the secondary market? I would love nothing more than to talk some sense into these people. I mean honestly who the fuck do these people think they are to charge anywhere from $250.00 to $3,600 for a tiny little 120 tpb that takes about 20 minutes to read?!?!?!? Especially when the kindle and comixology version of that book costs a mere $8.00. I just want to read a book, not put a down payment on a car.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Panther10 wrote:I just picked up a majority of this series but I was curious about one thing: Can someone point me to the collective of idiots who that it would be a good idea to charge several hundred bucks for the Rulers of Earth volume 5 from the TPB collection on the secondary market? I would love nothing more than to talk some sense into these people. I mean honestly who the skreeonk do these people think they are to charge anywhere from $250.00 to $3,600 for a tiny little 120 tpb that takes about 20 minutes to read?!?!?!? Especially when the kindle and comixology version of that book costs a mere $8.00. I just want to read a book, not put a down payment on a car.
Yeah, seriously. In the same boat. And really curious why this one volume was singled out that way...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

The One and Only wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:I’m looking forward to seeing more Kaiju that wasn’t already used before.

Who is left from Toho owned monsters that IDW hasn’t used yet?
Off the top of my pointy little head Gabara(GODZILLA'S REVENGE), Classic Moguera(THE MYSTERIANS, and Dogora. Ones that I wouldn't mind Toho loosening up on their sphincters up on. The REBIRTH OF MOTHRA kaiju Death Ghidorah, Dogora, and Grand King Ghidorah. And even the beasties from the 1998 GODZILLA TRADING BATTLE PlayStation game.
Barugaron-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Barugaron
Balkzardan-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Balkzardan
Jyarumu-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Jyarumu
Razin-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Razin
Shiigan-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Shiigan
Vagnosaurus-http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Vagnosaurus
I can also say two others: the Oodako and Ganimes from Space Amoeba. Also, for the Rebirth of Mothra kaiju, I think you meant Daghara.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I believe these were all the kaiju they had towards the end (maybe more)
They started off with Godzilla and a dozen others (Anguirus, Battra, Destoroyah, Gigan, Hedorah, King Ghidorah, Kumonga, Mechagodzilla, Mothra, Rodan, SpaceGodzilla and Titanosaurus).

BTW anyone know what happened with Mr. X?

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Zarm wrote:
Panther10 wrote:I just picked up a majority of this series but I was curious about one thing: Can someone point me to the collective of idiots who that it would be a good idea to charge several hundred bucks for the Rulers of Earth volume 5 from the TPB collection on the secondary market? I would love nothing more than to talk some sense into these people. I mean honestly who the skreeonk do these people think they are to charge anywhere from $250.00 to $3,600 for a tiny little 120 tpb that takes about 20 minutes to read?!?!?!? Especially when the kindle and comixology version of that book costs a mere $8.00. I just want to read a book, not put a down payment on a car.
Yeah, seriously. In the same boat. And really curious why this one volume was singled out that way...
I wonder too, but that’s just the way those things work sometimes. It’s not like it was a short print run or anything that I’m aware of.

I’m genuinely curious if IDW is coming back, and just what the scope is of monsters they can use. I know anything created for any forms of Godzilla media not only has to be approved by Toho, but also becomes property of Toho.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Some sad news today, Matt Frank just discussed on his tumblr that ROE is likely not going to get a continuation anymore

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:Some sad news today, Matt Frank just discussed on his tumblr that ROE is likely not going to get a continuation anymore
I think it was kinda silly to think it would have to begin with. IDW doesn't hold the license anymore and I doubt a few strong sales in Japan are enough for it to come back.
tbeasley wrote: BTW anyone know what happened with Mr. X?
Likely left the forums due to fatigue. I know his account wasn't deleted in the latest hacking.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Godzillian wrote:Some sad news today, Matt Frank just discussed on his tumblr that ROE is likely not going to get a continuation anymore
That’s sad. What lead to the speculation that it might return? Do we know when the license expired?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Yellow wrote:
That’s sad. What lead to the speculation that it might return? Do we know when the license expired?
Matt Frank admitted on tumblr it's a smash hit in Japan and that there was a "60%" chance of it returning.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

tbeasley wrote:I believe these were all the kaiju they had towards the end (maybe more)
They started off with Godzilla and a dozen others (Anguirus, Battra, Destoroyah, Gigan, Hedorah, King Ghidorah, Kumonga, Mechagodzilla, Mothra, Rodan, SpaceGodzilla and Titanosaurus).

I know about all the others, but did Minilla 2004 actually make it into ROE? I'll have to add him to my list if he did. Please confirm this.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote:
tbeasley wrote:I believe these were all the kaiju they had towards the end (maybe more)

I know about all the others, but did Minilla 2004 actually make it into ROE? I'll have to add him to my list if he did. Please confirm this.
He never made an official appearance, but was originally planned to show up in ROE, but that was scrapped.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri May 18, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

He never made an official appearance, but was originally planned to show up in ROE, but that was scrapped.
Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks! If he had made it, I'm presuming that it would've been the 2004 version, which was the most "realistic" because of his size ratio compared to Godzilla, and not the 1960s version which, probably because of the technology that Toho had at the time, was not.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:
tbeasley wrote: BTW anyone know what happened with Mr. X?
Likely left the forums due to fatigue. I know his account wasn't deleted in the latest hacking.
He's on the monsterzero forums. The Shin Godzilla leak incident cause a couple members to leave, that's all I'll say.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Sooo, am I crazy and Amazon incorrect or is Rulers of the Earth Vol. 2 finally coming out?

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Complet ... 1684055059

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Sooo, am I crazy and Amazon incorrect or is Rulers of the Earth Vol. 2 finally coming out?

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Complet ... 1684055059
I think I read somewhere that it is actually coming out for real.

I guess you could say about damn time? I dunno. I have all the single issues so this doesn't interest me but those who never picked up the trades can enjoy this.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

What does this mean for the Godzilla comic license though?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It comes out in a year hahaha.

I dig the cover, shows a few important things like MG, and King Ceaser and then of course the Trilobites
Hopefully this means a return of some sorts, especially because of the new movies, but I doubt it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, it's about time. I thought it would never be released.

And LSD Jellyfish, it's "the Trilopods".

I wonder, too, if this means that the main storyline will be continued. Maybe we'll even get a new one-shot comic book: Godzilla: The IDW Era Part 2. That would go great with my copy of Godzilla: The IDW Era. I always wanted them to finish the story in that one.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.