Titan Design Thread: Mothra

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Do You Think?

Love it!
70%
Hate it...
5%
Meh.
25%

Total votes: 93

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Re: Titan Design Thread: Mothra

Post by BARAGONBREH »

I'm glad that for at least one of the monsters, they didn't capitulate to potential fanboy whining and decide not to improve the design much. Can't say the same for Rodan.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

BARAGONBREH wrote:I'm glad that for at least one of the monsters, they didn't capitulate to potential fanboy whining and decide not to improve the design much. Can't say the same for Rodan.
I mean, no matter what someone will complain. Just depends on how loud they complain :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I like that Mothra has a passing resemblance to the Muto. Since all these species are ment to have evolved on earth, it makes sense that the giant insect like kaiju descended from a common ancestor. Hell the Muto's life cycle even mirrors that of some moth species, with females being large and flightless.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mothra's design sings to me and it sings

I wouldn't be angry if you just fucking cried, your tears would arouse me, refreshing my supply, the suffering is fading, I scream into the sky, repulsion invades me, I say goodbye. Digging deep inside of me, getting past this agony, I can't seem to get away, another day rotting in vain!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Living Corpse wrote:Mothra's design sings to me and it sings

I wouldn't be angry if you just fucking cried, your tears would arouse me, refreshing my supply, the suffering is fading, I scream into the sky, repulsion invades me, I say goodbye. Digging deep inside of me, getting past this agony, I can't seem to get away, another day rotting in vain!
AlienHulk, is that you???

Mothra sounds like a fat dolphin, change my mind.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: AlienHulk, is that you???

SHHH!!! Saying his name is how you summon him.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Mothra sounds like a fat dolphin, change my mind.

A beautiful fat dolphin.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:

SHHH!!! Saying his name is how you summon him.

[
I could be wrong but I think he's the only one that never tried to sneak back.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:

Korn. :roll:

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

There is definitely a dolphin sort of vibe. Not sure how you know what a "fat" dolphin sounds like, though. Are there even any fat dolphins out there? They're very lean, swift creatures.

I like the dolphin vibe. Dolphins have always fascinated humans with their apparent advanced cognitive abilities and, of course, the many stories of them protecting humans and other creatures. It fits the theme of Mothra as protector goddess.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Living Corpse wrote:

Ah, so that's why the lyrics are, dare I say it, Korny. 8-)
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Ah, so that's why the lyrics are, dare I say it, Korny. 8-)
That's why they are so catchy and easy to understand. It's helped the band last as long as they have.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Pffft, it was a joke :lol:
No ones bashing you for your Korny music.

Anywho- hoping we get to see Mothra’s adult form in the new trailer a little bit because I’m curious to see if this thing moves like a MUTO.

So I’m guessing SHMA isn’t doing Mothra’s Larva form?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Pffft, it was a joke :lol:
No ones bashing you for your Korny music.

Anywho- hoping we get to see Mothra’s adult form in the new trailer a little bit because I’m curious to see if this thing moves like a MUTO.

So I’m guessing SHMA isn’t doing Mothra’s Larva form?
Be funny if that brief shot of her larval form in the trailer is all we'll see of it in the actual movie. Might explain why
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: So I’m guessing SHMA isn’t doing Mothra’s Larva form?
Nah, I'm guessing it's a Shin Form 2+3 situation. They don't wanna spoil it this early and will release one after the movie's out.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

If I remember right, it took a while for the larvae of Heisei Mothra to be made after the adult figure came out. So I can see it being something like that or even being release with a repaint of the adult figure (maybe a green bioluminescent Mothra).
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Out of all the redesign of classic kaiju in this film, Mothra is the one I'm least satisfied with.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

LegendZilla wrote:Out of all the redesign of classic kaiju in this film, Mothra is the one I'm least satisfied with.
It's the one I'm most excited for.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I wanna see the other guys…
#slatternking

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Is it just me or does the SH Monsterarts figure look almost nothing like Mothra as seen in the trailer? In the new footage her head is bigger, the eyes are classic Mothra, and the design is actually something I love as opposed to what we saw at Tokyo CC.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

You know, with the new trailer, this new Mothra actually looks awesome! The figure does it no justice