Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Post by Shin Gabara »

Master Doot wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Okay so y'all got me thinking about King Ghidorah's scale in comparison to godzilla, so I made yet another shitty MSpaint diagram.

There's a 44 meter difference between Ghidorah and Godzilla - meaning King Ghidorah is about 40.7% larger than Godzilla. Using some fancy math poop and a ruler, I went ahead and measured that out then added it to godzilla's height. This should be the correct scale. (I'd use the Ghidorah model to show reference, but i'm actually avoiding it so I can see ghidorah in a trailer first. Let me tell you, i've been doing a metric fuckton of very fast scrolling).

Decided to throw Ghidorah in your image to see how that plays out.

https://i.imgur.com/PU8pXsm.jpg

Forgive me, I’m on mobile and not quite sure how to upload it properly.

Ah, that's much better.

Still don't like the giant bat-hands, but I'm more and more loving the idea that he'll use them to hold Godzilla in place . . . especially if those 'fingers' are more snake-like and can constrict.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Someone mentioned this on the Godzilla subreddit, but Monarch’s estimate of Ghiddy’s size could be a tentative one, due to him being frozen in a glacier and that possibly not allowing for accurate measurements. He could be an even bigger bastard than we’re currently thinking.

#BotM

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hate to be that guy but I believe it was said Ghidorah is 521ft with question marks at the end. He's about 158 meters.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Yeah where is everyone getting 152 from? The site says he’s 521ft which would be 158 meters. Not that anything is added from that but still.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Fuck. I'll make a revamped version in the morning.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

is this size accurate?
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:[img]http://www.scified.com/u/IMG_20181201_124824.jpg[/im]

is this size accurate?
I believe Godzilla and Ghidorah are.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I doubt it, it’s just a fan made photoshop job
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I still think they way over-sized Mothra in that image. The stand which she rests on is rather thick compared to her body, and appears to be the same type of stand that holds up Rodan.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Anyone else think Ghidorah's going to emerge from the ice with only two heads? There are only two heads visible in every shot of him in the trailer, and the new underwater concept art and the KSI cave painting both depict him with the right head missing.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Anyone else think Ghidorah's going to emerge from the ice with only two heads? There are only two heads visible in every shot of him in the trailer, and the new underwater concept art and the KSI cave painting both depict him with the right head missing.
? You can see all three of his heads in both the underwater concept art and the paintings.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Tyrant28 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Anyone else think Ghidorah's going to emerge from the ice with only two heads? There are only two heads visible in every shot of him in the trailer, and the new underwater concept art and the KSI cave painting both depict him with the right head missing.
? You can see all three of his heads in both the underwater concept art and the paintings.
Not in the final cave painting of him fighting godzilla. You can only see the neck, ending in what looks like a rather mangled stump.

As for the concept...
Resized Image

I only see two heads and, again, a stump - though i could be wrong.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Spoiler:
IDK if it’s in the film or not but if Ghidorah only has two heads, then that’s not from awakening scene in Antarctica, it’s his second appearance.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

He had three heads in the trailer. Clear as day. Come on now. Well, he doesn't start with two heads
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Jaqua92 wrote:He had three heads in the trailer. Clear as day. Come on now. Well, he doesn't start with two heads
But how do we know that's at the point where he emerges from the Ice? The monarch profile says he inspired the Hydra - It's more than possible he is able to regenerate heads. Plus, at that point, there's already storm clouds and lightning surrounding him, meaning he's had enough time to generate a hurricane.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Spoiler:
The underwater has 2 heads for sure. Must be the Mexico scene
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Shadowfyre wrote:
Spoiler:
Safe bet.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:
Spoiler:
Safe bet.
Yeah. Not to mention-
Spoiler:
The leaks mentioned a bunch of dead fish floating up around Godzilla and Ghidorah when they fire the Oxygen Destroyer (confirmed by the teaser), which means the battle, or atleast a part of it, takes place in water.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Heads up, if you're going to talk about spoilers or leaks, at the very least put them in the spoiler tag.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
Not in the final cave painting of him fighting godzilla. You can only see the neck, ending in what looks like a rather mangled stump.

As for the concept...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4878/4611 ... 0c4f_o.jpg

I only see two heads and, again, a stump - though i could be wrong.
There are definitely three heads in both of the pictures. While it is harder to see in the version from the Kong:Skull Island post credit scene because of the shadow and the picture is black and while, the Licensing Expo a while back had the same exact painting but brighten and you can see all three heads.
Even then I don’t think anything of Ghidorah’s design was finalized besides the basic silhouette.

And there is definitely another head in the underwater concept, you can even see the bottom jaw and its chin spikes.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.