Skull Island Showdown

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Skull Island Showdown

Post by Zarm »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Zarm wrote:When did the V-rexes demonstrate any kind of takedown power, though? They kept getting multiple free shots in, and their bites seemed to be doing... pretty much nothing. Kong was fighting all three with a severe handicap and one arm essentially tied behind his back, and didn't seem to be much the worse for wear afterward- so is there any indication that their speed will avail them anything if they can't even do damage to a saurian of their own size which is, presumably, a bit more armored and dense than the mammalian flesh that they already weren't making any progress against?
King Kong was just a monster on a whole other level, but V-Rexes are the reason Kong's species even went extinct for the most part. King Kong was way too agile for them to take him down, the only monster that the V-Rexes would have trouble with is the Skull Crawler but 3 could totally take it down (especially with the added guns of the Ferructus and Venatosaurs). I think Team 2005 would be the last standing.
But again- is there evidence for that? We know Kong can be shredded by bullets, but multiple V-Rex bites did nothing. And again, my point is that a fellow saurian is likely to be even more durable. Agility was not the issue; Kong was a punching bag for much of the fight due to protecting Anne- and still took nearly no damage. So on what are their capabilities for takedown based? (And is the notion of their bringing the ape species to extinction stated in-film? I don't recall that.)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Zarm wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Zarm wrote:When did the V-rexes demonstrate any kind of takedown power, though? They kept getting multiple free shots in, and their bites seemed to be doing... pretty much nothing. Kong was fighting all three with a severe handicap and one arm essentially tied behind his back, and didn't seem to be much the worse for wear afterward- so is there any indication that their speed will avail them anything if they can't even do damage to a saurian of their own size which is, presumably, a bit more armored and dense than the mammalian flesh that they already weren't making any progress against?
King Kong was just a monster on a whole other level, but V-Rexes are the reason Kong's species even went extinct for the most part. King Kong was way too agile for them to take him down, the only monster that the V-Rexes would have trouble with is the Skull Crawler but 3 could totally take it down (especially with the added guns of the Ferructus and Venatosaurs). I think Team 2005 would be the last standing.
But again- is there evidence for that? We know Kong can be shredded by bullets, but multiple V-Rex bites did nothing. And again, my point is that a fellow saurian is likely to be even more durable. Agility was not the issue; Kong was a punching bag for much of the fight due to protecting Anne- and still took nearly no damage. So on what are their capabilities for takedown based? (And is the notion of their bringing the ape species to extinction stated in-film? I don't recall that.)
I'm with you Zarm. no evidence they got anything good enough to take out the carnosaur.

also, the fact they wiped out Kong's species was in the supplementary Skull Island book guide. dont know if something supplementary like that works in the FMs.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: King Kong was just a monster on a whole other level, but V-Rexes are the reason Kong's species even went extinct for the most part. King Kong was way too agile for them to take him down, the only monster that the V-Rexes would have trouble with is the Skull Crawler but 3 could totally take it down (especially with the added guns of the Ferructus and Venatosaurs). I think Team 2005 would be the last standing.
I'm with you Zarm. no evidence they got anything good enough to take out the carnosaur.

also, the fact they wiped out Kong's species was in the supplementary Skull Island book guide. dont know if something supplementary like that works in the FMs.
No evidence of the Carno being good enough to take out the V-Rexes either. If a straight up fact doesn't work in the FM's then that's kind of whack.

Kong's Carno and V-Rex opponents are really a shaky topic since they've only been seen fighting Kong and nothing else, but the V-Rexes are not weak by any means just because we've seen them go up against Kong and get slaughtered. It just means they went up against someone way out of their league, that's why King Kong is king of the island.
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, it's a straight-up fact that only if it comes from a reliable source. Otherwise, it's a questionable claim. :)

But again, if all we've seen is the V-rexes get slaughtered and failing to do damage, then on what is the claim that they can do anything else based? Again, if their bites do nothing, then why would their bites do less of nothing elsewhere?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

KingKong2005 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

No evidence of the Carno being good enough to take out the V-Rexes either. If a straight up fact doesn't work in the FM's then that's kind of whack.
……….
Yeah. That's...what the FMs are for? To figure out if one character or monster can beat another?

Also, it's not a "straight up fact", it's a matter of opinion.
Kong's Carno and V-Rex opponents are really a shaky topic since they've only been seen fighting Kong and nothing else

Truest thing you've said so far

but the V-Rexes are not weak by any means just because we've seen them go up against Kong and get slaughtered. It just means they went up against someone way out of their league, that's why King Kong is king of the island.
Kong is King, but the question is how strong are the V-Rexs when they're not getting trounced by someone out of their league.
Also, doesn't the "V-Rexs wiped out Kong's species thing" means Kong isin their league, maybe even lesser if they win most fights with the Kongs and they STILL lost?

The longer this goes on, the more I side with the Carnosaur.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Zarm wrote:Well, it's a straight-up fact that only if it comes from a reliable source. Otherwise, it's a questionable claim. :)

But again, if all we've seen is the V-rexes get slaughtered and failing to do damage, then on what is the claim that they can do anything else based? Again, if their bites do nothing, then why would their bites do less of nothing elsewhere?
Sorry Zarm, I should have clarified the straight up fact I was referring to was the V-Rex taking Kong's species out since this is mentioned in the 100% reliable World of Kong book.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

……….
Yeah. That's...what the FMs are for? To figure out if one character or monster can beat another?

Also, it's not a "straight up fact", it's a matter of opinion.
Kong's Carno and V-Rex opponents are really a shaky topic since they've only been seen fighting Kong and nothing else

Truest thing you've said so far

but the V-Rexes are not weak by any means just because we've seen them go up against Kong and get slaughtered. It just means they went up against someone way out of their league, that's why King Kong is king of the island.
Kong is King, but the question is how strong are the V-Rexs when they're not getting trounced by someone out of their league.
Also, doesn't the "V-Rexs wiped out Kong's species thing" means Kong isin their league, maybe even lesser if they win most fights with the Kongs and they STILL lost?

The longer this goes on, the more I side with the Carnosaur.
King Kong himself was an exceptional member of his species, but the V-Rexes were a family. There was a Bull, Matriarch, and Juvenile. Bulls are probably more powerful which is why the family didn't fare so well against King Kong himself, but the way I see it is they went longer with a way more powerful/agile/faster King Kong then the one the Carno went up against. Think about how quick the Carno would be dispatched by 05 Kong, then replace Kong with the V-Rexes. The V-Rexes outmaneuver the shit out of Carno, but think about how the V-Rexes had Kong roar in pain while Carno did not. Carno was not fast enough for 33 Kong, V-Rexes destroy 33 Kong in speed. I think the V-Rexes could take the Carno if it isn't already taken out by the Skull Crawler.
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

KingKong2005 wrote:Think about how quick the Carno would be dispatched by 05 Kong, then replace Kong with the V-Rexes. The V-Rexes outmaneuver the poop out of Carno, but think about how the V-Rexes had Kong roar in pain while Carno did not. Carno was not fast enough for 33 Kong, V-Rexes destroy 33 Kong in speed. I think the V-Rexes could take the Carno if it isn't already taken out by the Skull Crawler.
See, this is my problem right here. You keep saying stuff like V-Rexes are faster than King Kong 1933 and that V-Rexes outmaneuver the Carnosaur but you're not backing it up with any reasoning. Stop treating these opinions like facts, explain why you think that way. Does the Carnosaur act less quick fighting Kong, does the V-Rex move faster, give me a reason why instead of just saying "V-Rex beats Carnosaur". Apologies if this seems rude, it's just very frustrating.

RIP Evan.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Frankly, discussing the outcome of a fight between the V-rexes and anything else in this match is pretty pointless, considering their behavior in the movie. They'll be too busy chasing after the Leafwings to actually properly fight anything else.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

SoggyNoodles2016

Inferno Rodan wrote:Frankly, discussing the outcome of a fight between the V-rexes and anything else in this match is pretty pointless, considering their behavior in the movie. They'll be too busy chasing after the Leafwings to actually properly fight anything else.
:lol: holy shit I need fan art of that

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Inferno Rodan wrote:Frankly, discussing the outcome of a fight between the V-rexes and anything else in this match is pretty pointless, considering their behavior in the movie. They'll be too busy chasing after the Leafwings to actually properly fight anything else.
Forgot how you hate the V-Rexes because they were aiming for Ann. This whole stupid topic hurts my head.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Think about how quick the Carno would be dispatched by 05 Kong, then replace Kong with the V-Rexes. The V-Rexes outmaneuver the poop out of Carno, but think about how the V-Rexes had Kong roar in pain while Carno did not. Carno was not fast enough for 33 Kong, V-Rexes destroy 33 Kong in speed. I think the V-Rexes could take the Carno if it isn't already taken out by the Skull Crawler.
See, this is my problem right here. You keep saying stuff like V-Rexes are faster than King Kong 1933 and that V-Rexes outmaneuver the Carnosaur but you're not backing it up with any reasoning. Stop treating these opinions like facts, explain why you think that way. Does the Carnosaur act less quick fighting Kong, does the V-Rex move faster, give me a reason why instead of just saying "V-Rex beats Carnosaur". Apologies if this seems rude, it's just very frustrating.
Yes to all of that. V-Rexes have greater reaction time than Carno who stood there waiting to take Kong's punches, they are smart in terms of planning ambush attacks, and they're more durable considering they tanked a bunch of punches and kicks to the head, bad falls, and one getting it's head slammed hard into the wall at least twice yet was still trying to attack. They're also arguably stronger since they made a more durable King Kong roar in pain from their bites. How is that? Tired asf so sorry if I missed some stuff. Again, the V-Rexes have always been one of the most shakiest topics of FM battles.
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Ok. Thank you for giving me your reasoning. Personally, I think the armor of the Carnosaur beats their speed and Kong 1933 is pretty durable, but I see your point. Apologies this got so long and heated. Though me and Inferno Rodqn(Maybe? Don't want to speak for you) don't hate the V-Rexes.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

KingKong2005 wrote:Forgot how you hate the V-Rexes because they were aiming for Ann. This whole stupid topic hurts my head.
I don't hate the V-rexes. All I did was very thoroughly show that they're dumb as bricks.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Ramarak was almost 100m tall, so he takes this.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:Ramarak was almost 100m tall, so he takes this.
Ramarak wasn't even in this match up.
Image Image

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

KingKong2005 wrote:
TheRealSpinoRex wrote:Ramarak was almost 100m tall, so he takes this.
Ramarak wasn't even in this match up.
Oh, I thought by Skull-Crawler you meant Ramarak.