Monster Speculation: RODAN

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Speculation: RODAN

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I've been seeing this quite a bit lately and I want to make it clear. If you want to post spoilers in non-spoiler topics, please, PLEASE, put them in the spoiler tag. If you don't know how, you just click on "spoiler" when you're making a post then type inside this
Spoiler:
or type what you want to say out, highlight it, and then click "spoiler". The latter explanation goes for quoting them too. Just use the spoiler tag.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Swooping in on the unprepared masses of humanity, RODAN.
Last edited by The One and Only on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Definitely the one design in this film that isn't all that new. Guess you can't fix perfection.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I'm loving this design. Standard, but classic. Hope to get a better look at his face soon.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Love the bird cues in this design.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

God, Rodan looks amazing!
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The top of the wings look like cooling magma, nice touch.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

A power I would like to see is for Rodan to shoot Lava from his mouth as this version seems like a cross between Rodan and Fire Rodan. The weakness would be that Rodan would need to restore by returning to a Volcano and thus it's a last resort power as using it weakens him and leaves him open.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Rodan doesn’t need to breathe anything and I’m glad he doesn’t
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Rodan doesn’t need to breathe anything and I’m glad he doesn’t
I don't think he needs either just that if he did it would be temporary like how Godzilla cant spam his breath.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I don’t think he needs one in this movie, he’s got no one worth using it on
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I don’t think he needs one in this movie, he’s got no one worth using it on
Agreed, I was thinking in the future maybe.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I don’t think he needs one in this movie, he’s got no one worth using it on
I feel like him having a similar flame attack to godzilla's would be really cool, since it opens up the ability for a beam lock. Would really appeal to 9 year old me.

But yeah, it's not gonna make the movie worse if he lacks one.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Rodan having a breath weapon never worked for me.

I mean he can fly at supersonic speeds and destroy everything he flies past. What does he need a breath weapon for?

For Godzilla, it makes sense. He's large, lumbering, slow, and ponderous. He needs a breath weapon to get pesky obstacles out of the way and to take down faster enemies.

But Rodan? Nah, he's fine.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I mean... he has lava for blood. Seems like that would be beneficial in a fight, right? Like.. what if he starts running with scissors and nicks his jugular or something :lol:

But seriously, being as though he can level a whole city just by flying over it, I just don't think he needs a beam. But it would be neat to utilize the lava-blood thing. He has to have lava blood for a reason...

... What if he uses his blood as a defense mechanism, like a horned lizard: When an enemy approaches, he squirts lava out of his eye to avoid capture.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

vibramrunner wrote:I mean... he has lava for blood. Seems like that would be beneficial in a fight, right? Like.. what if he starts running with scissors and nicks his jugular or something :lol:

But seriously, being as though he can level a whole city just by flying over it, I just don't think he needs a beam. But it would be neat to utilize the lava-blood thing. He has to have lava blood for a reason...

... What if he uses his blood as a defense mechanism, like a horned lizard: When an enemy approaches, he squirts lava out of his eye to avoid capture.
At the very least, melee combat would be dangerous. You bite into him then BAM! lava burning your mouth.

Viento Norte
Yojimbo

Post by Viento Norte »

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

It's interesting that Rodan is "the one born of fire" in this continuity of films. That is a title more fitting for Godzilla with his nuclear mutation origins.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:It's interesting that Rodan is "the one born of fire" in this continuity of films. That is a title more fitting for Godzilla with his nuclear mutation origins.
Godzilla is natural in this universe though.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

miguelnuva wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:It's interesting that Rodan is "the one born of fire" in this continuity of films. That is a title more fitting for Godzilla with his nuclear mutation origins.
Godzilla is natural in this universe though.
I'm aware, inwas implying he wasn't in this time. I meant when Godzilla is a nuclear mutation.