Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

Post by vibramrunner »

It's hard to pick a favorite monster from the trailer, because it was all amazing, but Mothra may be it. I do hope though, that Mothra has more weapons than just the "god beam," even though that's also amazing. The poison powder was always a great weapon, and would look cool with the illumination of the wings. Sadly that might mean Mothra dies if it's used.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Maritonic wrote:My concern for Mothra mostly stem around her body. Judging by the Monarch cave paintings, her body looks very small and Cicada like. I love the illuminating, blinding light, and her wings expanding in the trailer was incredible. But I do have some reservations about her actual body.
I won't be mad if they go for a smaller body, I remember Leo having arelatively small body, and og Mothra had a small body too, with her oversized head making it a little bit difficult to perceive.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Destorogoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:My concern for Mothra mostly stem around her body. Judging by the Monarch cave paintings, her body looks very small and Cicada like. I love the illuminating, blinding light, and her wings expanding in the trailer was incredible. But I do have some reservations about her actual body.
I won't be mad if they go for a smaller body, I remember Leo having arelatively small body, and og Mothra had a small body too, with her oversized head making it a little bit difficult to perceive.
It's not the smallness of body, it's the design of the body as per the paintings. She looks much more cicada-esque than Moth. The design of Leo was definitely smaller, but she still looked like Mothra.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I’m sure everyone and their mama have noticed it by now but, in that quick clip of Mothra expanding her wings, I initially thought that she was covered in water. However, upon 1000009 rewatches, it looked like powder to me.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

KingKaiju wrote:I’m sure everyone and their mama have noticed it by now but, in that quick clip of Mothra expanding her wings, I initially thought that she was covered in water. However, upon 1000009 rewatches, it looked like powder to me.
I'll say it's both.
They are in that weird waterfall or something in the Temple of The Moth, so I guess that's the part where Mothra takes flight and then, when she expands her wings, bio-luminiscent dust flows from them.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Destorogoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I’m sure everyone and their mama have noticed it by now but, in that quick clip of Mothra expanding her wings, I initially thought that she was covered in water. However, upon 1000009 rewatches, it looked like powder to me.
I'll say it's both.
They are in that weird cascade or something in the Temple of The Moth, so I guess that's the part where Mothra takes flight and then, when she expands her wings, bio-luminiscent dust flows from them.
God. There’s so much to this trailer... my head is about to explode.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

It was water, she’s under a waterfall.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Y'know one of my favorite weapons from Mothra were the spikes she shot in GMK, that and the poison as well. I think it'd be cool if she had the Hieshi's power of a shield that can negate energy attacks or send them back.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’m starting to warm to the new design. It was very jarring at first, but I feel seeing it in motion may still convey that classsic Mothra warmth and benevolence.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

S.H. MonsterArts Mothra figure gives the Queen a bit of a more streamlined, vicious look.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I like the more aggressive wasp approach but I wish they had kept the body bigger like the GMK design. Totally nitpicking here though can't wait to see her in action.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

^ Loving the design (Best of the 3 released IMO). Honestly, its a M.U.T.O./Mothra hybrid and I can't argue with it. The Male M.U.T.O. had a great design and this Mothra looks like she gets the best elements of it. To be fair those elements also help when fighting other giant monsters sooooo, major plus there too. :huge:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Eh, I have conflicting opinions on this Mothra. The wings look great, but the head seems a bit small and the legs are too MUTO-esque for me. Not bad, just not the best.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I've been warming up to the design. Very sleek. Maybe I'm blind or does she only have four legs? That's a little weird, but it's not a huge deal. Out of all the designs, I feel this one will benefit the most from being seen in motion. We have to remember that these designs we're looking at are still just toys, though Mothra does have the art.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Her design has nice references to both Battra and the MUTOs while still being Mothra, even sort of referencing GMK Mothra.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

The coloring of the wings is fantastic. Love that.

As for the more insect-like design, I'm completely fine with it.

I've said before, its like they took the GMK design to its full potential, and I think it looks pretty sweet.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Sorry, guys, I really dislike this design after thinking a while.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.