Monsters you'd like to see return in future films

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who would you like to see return? Choose 9 out of 18!

Anguirus
12%
Varan
9%
Giant Octopus
1%
Manda
5%
Baragon
8%
Ebirah
3%
Giant Condor
1%
Kamacuras
3%
Kumonga
4%
Gorosaurus
7%
Gabara
3%
Hedorah
9%
Gigan
10%
Jet Jaguar
6%
Megalon
7%
King Caesar
5%
Titanosaurus
8%
Other (please specify below)
2%

Total votes: 315

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monsters you'd like to see return in future films

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Just rewatched the original GvMG for the first time in a long time, and I NEED more King Caesar. I'd even say he's the monster almost no one talks about, maybe because he's a sleepy boi? Sure he didn't do much in his debut, but it doesn't mean he can't do more.

Hell, gimme Megalon vs King Caesar. The IDW comics and the anime novels had that battle between them, it's making me want it even more. Re-imagined Megalon and King Caesar would be interesting to see.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

If the MonsterVerse movies were ungodly successes and Legendary really wanted to play, they could easily classify the different monsters the same way Marvel currently does their heroes. Tiers by power, popularity and classification. I’m not sure a King Caesar would be willing to go to space for instance, but he’d do whatever he could against an invader, even dying in the process.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I have to admit...seeing Hedorah return in a full feature film would be awesome...
but then the original Godzilla vs. Hedorah is one of my favorites in the series.

Varan, Anguirus & Titanosaurus...they'd all be great to see...but then I'm just
happy they are making Godzilla films again...especially after the 10 year drought
we all had to wait through.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I wouldn't mind seeing the MUTOs return, either as individually weak swarming monsters or a single individual. Said individual might be a composite, with the female's size and strength, and the male's wings. The EMP ability might be enhanced or altered into a weapon capable of hurting kaiju, too. I feel like s/he could work as a 'thug' kaiju, maybe teaming up with Gigan and/or Megalon.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Personally, I am all for creating new monsters. When I was young, one of the aspects of the series that got me excited to check out each movie was to see what weird and crazy thing Godzilla would fight next.

Now everything seems to be about going into the grab bag of the past and reusing old foes over and over again, which is largely fine, but I'd like to see the menagerie of monsters constantly growing as well.

But if we have to bring back old monsters, you have plenty of monsters from the Heisei series that have never comeback in a film like Biollante, Battra, Mecha Ghidorah, Spacegodzilla, and Destroyah. It'd be nice to see at least a couple of them return. And the Showa series has plenty of monsters that could be dusted off like Varan, Gorosauras, and the two biggest to have never starred with Godzilla, The Gargantuas. And I'd also like to see Gigan, Anguiras, and Hedorah return and be used to their full potential.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

We have been getting new kaiju, though. The MUTOs, obviously, the Servum, the Skull Island menagerie, etc. They're not the flashiest or most memorable, but they are new. But I do agree that more new faces would be welcome.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Bring back Megalon and Gigan - the dream team. 8-)
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I have an idea of how to add in King Ceasar via his own movie.

Here's how a King Ceasar movie would work. It starts with Imperial Japan neglecting and abusing the Ainu people in the late 1930's. In 1944, after the Americans crush the Japanese Navy at Leyte Gulf and take back the Phillipines, the Japanese try to force the Ainu to be part of their army, but they summon their guardian, King Ceasar, and he crushes the Japanese roundup force. Then, when Stalin launches his "liberation" of Northeastern China and Korea, he also tries to invade Northern Japan, the Ainu summon King Ceasar who wipes out the Soviet forces, which also includes some destroyers and a pair of cruisers that are bombarding the Aniu homes. This is all observed by a U.S. Navy submarine and a U.S. spyplane. (A F-5, no not Brock Lesner's finisher, but the recon version of the P-38 Lightning.) After the war is over, the Americans come to the Ainu and visit them and King Ceasar, the colonel promises them that they will ensure that the Japanese will treat the Ainu with far more respect and they-The Americans-rebuild the destroyed and damaged homes and temples of the Ainu.

The movie then flashes forward to 1953. The Korean War is winding down and Japan is rebuilt. However, Beria, the NKVD chief between 1937-1953 and who poisoned Stalin, wants to attack Japan again. This time, it's to kill King Ceasar. KGB agents have informed him of a demon monster King Ceaser has fought before named Varan. KGB agents find the monster and carefully wake him up in a way that seems like it was a natural occerance. He heads toward Northern Japan to fight his enemy who trapped him, King Ceasar. The special temple that is known to wake up King Ceasar is attacked by KGB agents, but they are killed by U.S. Army Rangers/CIA agents who protect it. Varan shows up and attacks, but what the Americans throw at him, which isn't much since they are too busy fighting in Korea, doesn't affect him much. King Ceasar is woke up and both monsters fight. A Russian invasion force, consisting of 1 Stalingrad class battlecruiser, 4 cruisers, and 5 destroyers, shows up and pummels King Ceaser, but with little effect other then to distract him. And so do the Rangers and the KGB agents. King Ceasar realizes the Americans are on his side and the Russians are helping Varan and Ceasar throws Russian tanks at Varan. The U.S. Navy shows up via a small squadron of crusiers led by the battleship, U.S.S. New Jersey and they crush the supporting Soviet fleet. Only a beached Soviet destroyer survives, but King Ceasar grabs it and bashes Varan over the head with it. Eventually, King Ceasar defeats and kills Varan for good and most of the KGB agents are also killed, with the rest committing suicide. Many in the new American government consider attacking Moscow for this blatant attack on Japan, and the fact that Russian pilots have been aiding the North Koreans via flying Mig-15's (which really did happen) help their cause. Eisenhower gets a message from Field Marshall Zukov and Kruschsev which say that Stalin is dead and the Breia, the KGB boss, has been arrested and that the Soviet Union will no longer attack Japan and will pull out all Russian forces from Korea. Beria's reckless gambles have failed and will be executed for such actions as well as his crimes against the Russian Army, the official reasons will be due to him raping a teenage child (which also really did happen) and for being a spy. King Ceasar goes back into hibernation and the damage caused by Varan is repaired by the Americans and by the Russians via reparations. And all ends well. The multi-government coalition that came about due to Angurius and his battle come to investigate the body of Varan, albeit with the American military in charge of the role. The coalition is increased to add Japan in as well.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

From the Toho library, I have always had a big soft spot for Gorosauras and I would love to see him comeback one day, even if its not in a large role.

Varan is also one of unfulfilled potential that I'd like to see get his chance to shine, much like Baragon did in GMK.

I'd also like to see Gigan finally get a truly great entry under his belt. In his debut film, he was the best part of a lesser entry. In GVM, he was only an excuse to use stock footage. And in Final Wars, which should have been his time to shine, he got not one, but TWO undignified deaths. Gigan's popularity in the fanbase can be solely attributed to the fact that he's just freaking cool because unfortunately, he didn't get used to his maximum potential. To me though, he should be considered in the same class as the big stars like Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla, and he never quite had that big moment or movie to reach that level.

Hedorah is a personal favorite of mine that I'd like to see get reused and in more than just a 5 second cameo.

And of course I'd love to see Anguiras comeback. He's just so goshdarn likeable.

Then there is the Heisei crew: Biollante, Battra, Mecha Ghidorah, Spacegodzilla, and Destroyah...I'd like to see all of them come back in some capacity, and since none of them ever have comeback before, it'd feel fresh if they did show up.

From the Gamera series, its admirable that they always try to create new foes for Gamera and outside of Gyoas, they never really reused anybody (I'm not counting that stock footage laziness from Super Monster). However, there are a couple of interesting monsters that I'd like to see comeback, especially Guiron who was probably the wackiest one they made. It'd also be cool to see Jiger again at some point.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.