Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by Zarm »

Ivo-goji wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:Anyone heard of a predestination paradox?
Applying that logic to GvsKG completely contradicts what is stated in film.
Besides, the Furturians may be twisting a truth or two.
Interpretations that require revising what the characters actually said are an automatic nope.

And this is why I don't subscribe to the Biollante-as-SpaceGodzilla-progenitor theory. The more you examine it, the more you need invented details to make it work.
While I agree in general principle, if the characters in question are demonstrated liars, I do think there is a little more room to doubt their credibility.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ivo-goji wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:Anyone heard of a predestination paradox?
Applying that logic to GvsKG completely contradicts what is stated in film.
Besides, the Furturians may be twisting a truth or two.
Interpretations that require revising what the characters actually said are an automatic nope.

And this is why I don't subscribe to the Biollante-as-SpaceGodzilla-progenitor theory. The more you examine it, the more you need invented details to make it work.
So which statement was contradicted?
This theory's so vague anyway that we'd have to come to compromising conclusions.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

SonOfGorgo wrote: So which statement was contradicted?
The most extreme one is the Futurians' basing their plan to eliminate Godzilla on Terasawa's book about the monster's origin, which he has yet to write in the present. The book no longer exists after the events of the film.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

I really like this theory! It's pretty solid for a fan theory and I feel it gives SG a better motive. This gives SG a much better reason to want to kill Godzilla. Revenge.
Also, would this mean SG is female?
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote: So which statement was contradicted?
The most extreme one is the Futurians' basing their plan to eliminate Godzilla on Terasawa's book about the monster's origin, which he has yet to write in the present. The book no longer exists after the events of the film.
I mean , it might. none of the other films really had a reason or need to bring it up.

Jesus, am I actually defending the continuity of the Heisei Era?

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would think that his direct involvement in events and knowledge his book would still be around in the future would only encourage him to write the book- even if it doesn't do so well. At least he knows he'll be remembered, by a few, for it.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: I mean , it might. none of the other films really had a reason or need to bring it up.
Zarm wrote:I would think that his direct involvement in events and knowledge his book would still be around in the future would only encourage him to write the book- even if it doesn't do so well. At least he knows he'll be remembered, by a few, for it.
Not the book the Futurians used to conceive their plan.

Terasawa's book about about -Godzilla being created by the atomic explosion on Lagos Island- does not exist after the events of GvsKG because Terasawa sees Godzilla being removed from Lagos Island before the explosion. Later he learns that Godzilla was created by the sinking of a Russian nuclear submarine in the 1970s. The Futurians can't come from the timeline where the events of GvsKG happen because Terasawa is never going to write a book about Godzilla being created on Lagos Island after he personally witnessed history being changed.

If Terasawa does write a book about Godzilla's origin it will be about the Russian nuclear submarine disaster- which the Futurians did not have in their timeline.

Terasawa may or may not have written a second, different book in the new timeline (if he felt like it I guess?), but that's not what my statement was about.
Jesus, am I actually defending the continuity of the Heisei Era?
I wasn't criticizing the Heisei continuity, I was criticizing fanon.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

But he has his original book from the future, fully formed. He might still elect to have it published- particularly if he's as confused as most people about the timeline and thinks he needs to maintain predestined events or something.

I agree it is less likely that he published that book... but I don't consider it categorically impossible.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Zarm wrote: thinks he needs to maintain predestined events
It would require a conspiracy of staggering proportions for predestination to make sense.

Terasawa would have to publish his book from the future when he knows the information is no longer true, governments would need to erase all records of the events of GvsKG so the Futurians can't read about themselves on Wikipedia, King Ghidorah's body has to remain completely hidden just off the coast of Tokyo for 200 years, all knowledge of SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah has to be suppressed somehow- all things that most certainly didn't happen.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ivo-goji wrote:
Zarm wrote: thinks he needs to maintain predestined events
It would require a conspiracy of staggering proportions for predestination to make sense.

Terasawa would have to publish his book from the future when he knows the information is no longer true, governments would need to erase all records of the events of GvsKG so the Futurians can't read about themselves on Wikipedia, King Ghidorah's body has to remain completely hidden just off the coast of Tokyo for 200 years, all knowledge of SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah has to be suppressed somehow- all things that most certainly didn't happen.
Right. Which isn't what I said. I'm saying that Terasawa, without the overview perspective we have ( with which people still get confused) may think that predestination is the case when it's not... or simply be concerned enough about a paradox from all the sci-fi movies about time travel that he doesn't want to take the chance. IfI had something I made and put out there from the future, I'd want to play it safe and make sure it gets out there as it originally did, no matter how I thought time travel actually worked.

Either way- all he knows about the future is what liars and enemies told him; and he doesn't have an omniscient-narrator perspective or a film analyst to explain events to him. He might be able to puzzle out how we've puzzled out time travel working from his perspective; but he may not. There are people on this board that don't share that understanding, so clearly a lack of understanding is possible even with all of the information that we have in the real world, much less from within the fictional world.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

For the sake of argument, why/how does Spacegodzilla turn into Biollante looking spores at the end of the movie? It's kind of uncanny. Granted some source would have confirmed it if that were the case.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:For the sake of argument, why/how does Spacegodzilla turn into Biollante looking spores at the end of the movie? It's kind of uncanny. Granted some source would have confirmed it if that were the case.
I still stand by what I posted earlier in this thread, link.

tl;dr version. Godzilla cell's only take the best genetic material if they are introduced with a new "selection" and discard the rest. Sorta like rapid evolution on a short timer. You can say that is why all Godzilla Cell mutations are horrendously deformed in some way, but I like the contribute that to the Crystal Organism that the cells bonded with "stabilized" the mutations. SpaceG most likely kept the more capable Godzilla body type, with a crystaline structure, and Biollante's cell division and "immortality". The cells probably discarded the unwanted parts such as yucky plants and human soul.

However, that's a discussion for another thread I think. Back to the topic. SpaceGodzilla is a different being from Biollante. Easily on the genetic level they may share some similarities but according to the cutaway's and reasonable deduction, most of if not all of the Biollante traits were discarded in favor of a superior crystal host. A fully formed Biollante would most likely resemble something more akin to the poster or even a plant based Godzilla but due to her own adverse reaction to Godzilla's beam, we can probably never know since she just probably horrendously mutates. I don't consider SpaceG to be a Biollante but more of a way distant offshot.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

This is a very interesting theory you guys have crafted in this thread. I certainly approve of it and I think it explains why Spacegodzilla is seeking to kill Godzilla. I just watched the Japanese version of the film and in the subtitles, (hopefully they are accurate) it was said that Spacegodzilla was coming to Earth just to challenge Godzilla. Having a theory behind this motive would also help explain why Spacegodzilla makes the fight personal by imprisoning Godzilla's son as well.

Growing up, I've always leaned towards the Biollante origin story rather than the Mothra explanation. It would of course explain some of the physical traits they both share as you all have described so well before. Even when I was a kid and I made my own "series" around Spacegodzilla, I went a step further and made his origin story as being an offspring of Biollante set out to take revenge on Godzilla for his mother. While there is definitely no indication of a link like that in the actual movie, I figured it be a good spin.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SpaceG92 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:For the sake of argument, why/how does Spacegodzilla turn into Biollante looking spores at the end of the movie? It's kind of uncanny. Granted some source would have confirmed it if that were the case.
I still stand by what I posted earlier in this thread, link.

tl;dr version. Godzilla cell's only take the best genetic material if they are introduced with a new "selection" and discard the rest. Sorta like rapid evolution on a short timer. You can say that is why all Godzilla Cell mutations are horrendously deformed in some way, but I like the contribute that to the Crystal Organism that the cells bonded with "stabilized" the mutations. SpaceG most likely kept the more capable Godzilla body type, with a crystaline structure, and Biollante's cell division and "immortality". The cells probably discarded the unwanted parts such as yucky plants and human soul.

However, that's a discussion for another thread I think. Back to the topic. SpaceGodzilla is a different being from Biollante. Easily on the genetic level they may share some similarities but according to the cutaway's and reasonable deduction, most of if not all of the Biollante traits were discarded in favor of a superior crystal host. A fully formed Biollante would most likely resemble something more akin to the poster or even a plant based Godzilla but due to her own adverse reaction to Godzilla's beam, we can probably never know since she just probably horrendously mutates. I don't consider SpaceG to be a Biollante but more of a way distant offshot.
I know I`m responding to a post from a year ago, but I like to liken it similar to how Moguera is tangentially related to MKG. Yes, Moguera is caused by MKG appearing, and yeah there`s some similarties, but a lot has been removed and overhauled. It is actually a subtle and strong point to the Heisei series about how each monster sort of is a sequel monster to creatures from previous entries.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I'm going to go a little bit off topic here.

I remember reading in a past issue of G-Fan (I can't remember which one, though; if anyone does know, please tell me what it is) that asked the question:

"Could Godzilla have contracted a virus from SpaceGodzilla that led to his demise?'

This is based on a scene in the film (which I don't remember seeing when I watched the film) where SpaceGodzilla bit Godzilla on the shoulder, actually drawing blood. The author of the article then just took it from there.

If the article's theory is correct, then that means that SpaceGodzilla just may have succeeded in doing what a bunch of other foes could not - killing Godzilla.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

mikelcho wrote:I'm going to go a little bit off topic here.

I remember reading in a past issue of G-Fan (I can't remember which one, though; if anyone does know, please tell me what it is) that asked the question:

"Could Godzilla have contracted a virus from SpaceGodzilla that led to his demise?'

This is based on a scene in the film (which I don't remember seeing when I watched the film) where SpaceGodzilla bit Godzilla on the shoulder, actually drawing blood. The author of the article then just took it from there.

If the article's theory is correct, then that means that SpaceGodzilla just may have succeeded in doing what a bunch of other foes could not - killing Godzilla.

I don't personally remember Spacegodzilla ever biting Godzilla on the shoulder. More than willing to be wrong about that.

But, even if that did happen, Godzilla absorbed too much radiation from Rodan which lead to the "red beam" in both Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II and Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla, eventually leading to an overload in Godzilla vs. Destroyah so. This theory kind of seems like an alternate reality where Godzilla vs. Destroyah never happens?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh, you saw that as a result of Rodan? Interesting. I had never considered that.

I was under the impression the overload was a direct result of the massive radiation dose absorbed when Birth island exploded; thus, for anyone to be 'responsible' for his death, they'd have to be responsible for the Island's explosion (which, I've theorized before, SpaceGodzilla's crystal pits could be, even though in vs. Destroyah it was attributed to a natural phenomenon). So in my mind, that was the only path that would give an actual kaiju credit for it.

But, putting it as an inevitable path started in vs. MechaG II (and only accelerated by the island explosion), thus making man responsible, basically, is an interesting take. (If a little thematically lame; they started the problem by shooting Godzilla a lot, and solved the problem by... shooting Godzilla some more.) ;)

Maranatha!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Maritonic wrote:
mikelcho wrote:I'm going to go a little bit off topic here.

I don't personally remember Spacegodzilla ever biting Godzilla on the shoulder. More than willing to be wrong about that.

But, even if that did happen, Godzilla absorbed too much radiation from Rodan which lead to the "red beam" in both Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II and Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla, eventually leading to an overload in Godzilla vs. Destroyah so. This theory kind of seems like an alternate reality where Godzilla vs. Destroyah never happens?
Actually, the article states that this incident is what eventually causes Godzilla to go into complete meltdown, so Godzilla vs. Destoroyah does actually happen here. This theory is what supposedly leads to that event.

If anyone can find the G-Fan issue that the article came from, that'd be a big help, believe me. It's a one-page, two-sided article, that's all that I know. I don't even remember the title.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The explosion of Birth Island only contributed to Godzilla's deteriorating state.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

According to C. L. Werner, both the island exploding and Godzilla's meltdown were Cthulhu's belated revenge for Godzilla interfering in the Great Old One's premature return a few years earlier.

Maybe all those things are responsible.
Resized Image