New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Grievous »

Hello to all those in the Toho Kingdom...

My name is Kirk Williams but my online handle is Grievous...
(No...I'm not a Star Wars fan anymore)

I'm a 36 year old male from Australia...

The first Godzilla film I ever saw was Godzilla 1985 on VHS
tape around 1989-90 and ever since then I've been a fan of Kaiju
& Monster movies.

I will admit I'm not an expert but I do have my own opinions
on the kaiju genre & due to living in such an isolated place
with no other kaiju fans around...I'm looking forward to
actually engaging in some discussions about films...old &
new.

I was a member of a kaiju forum 10+ years ago...but that
forum was shut down & haven't been a member of one since...
so I'm hoping to "find my feet" here and make some friends
around here.

Well...that's about it.

If you have any "direct" questions please feel free to send
me a PM...& I'll see you all around the traps.
Last edited by Grievous on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

*Razor Ramon voice* Hey YO!

I'm originally from JPL. I joined that group back in 2015, then when it went down, I joined Jurassic Mainframe. I'm joining this group now. A good friend of mine whom I meat on JPL and is also on Mainframe and I think this one too (Troyal 1) told me about joining this place. So I'm did it.

I've been a Godzilla fan since the mid-90's. I don't remember the original year, 1994-95. But Godzilla has been one of my childhood interests. I have all of the Heisei movies and have many of the Showa and 2000's era movies as well.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Grievous wrote:snip
Welcome! Don't worry- we don't need experts here (that's what the main site's for); just good friends and good conversation!

(May I add, as I do whenever I meet an Aussie online, how jealous I am of where you live? That's probably weird, but true nonetheless).

Glad to have you aboard!

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
Rhedosaurus wrote:*Razor Ramon voice* Hey YO!

I'm originally from JPL. I joined that group back in 2015, then when it went down, I joined Jurassic Mainframe. I'm joining this group now. A good friend of mine whom I meat on JPL and is also on Mainframe and I think this one too (Troyal 1) told me about joining this place. So I'm did it.

I've been a Godzilla fan since the mid-90's. I don't remember the original year, 1994-95. But Godzilla has been one of my childhood interests. I have all of the Heisei movies and have many of the Showa and 2000's era movies as well.
Likewise, welcome! I approve of your priorities in collecting! ;) Glad to have you here as well! (Is the username a Harryhausen reference, or just a general paleontology interest? You'll find fans of both here!)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Glad to see you here man! Supposedly a new trailer is coming soon so you joined at the perfect time

We have a speculation and a spoiler thread to cover all our Godzilla needs in the monsterverse section. :)

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Zarm wrote:
Grievous wrote:snip
Welcome! Don't worry- we don't need experts here (that's what the main site's for); just good friends and good conversation!

(May I add, as I do whenever I meet an Aussie online, how jealous I am of where you live? That's probably weird, but true nonetheless).

Glad to have you aboard!
Hey!

Good friends & Good conversation sounds like a plan...
A good plan.

No need to be jealous my friend...Australia is a glorious country
& I do know how lucky I am to have been born here...even if there
is a severe lack of kaiju/monster fans.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Grievous wrote:Hello to all those in the Toho Kingdom...

& Monster movies.

new.

around here.

Well...that's about it.

Why, hello there General Grievous! Welcome to TK!

Hey yo! Welcome to TK! Get ready to join the madness.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

crap, missed this again.
Grievous wrote:Hello to all those in the Toho Kingdom...

& Monster movies.

new.

around here.

Well...that's about it.

Insert prequel memes here.

Welcome to the fourm!

Rhedosarus wrote:*Razor Ramon voice* Hey YO!

Ah, JPlegacy! Never got to the forums but I was a huge fan of the site. Great to have you both onboard!
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Why, hello there General Grievous! Welcome to TK!
Thanks...

I get the reference by the way.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Insert prequel memes here.

Welcome to the forum!
No need for any prequel memes...
or any memes in general.

Thanks for the Welcome...

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Troyal1 wrote:

Glad to see you here man! Supposedly a new trailer is coming soon so you joined at the perfect time

We have a speculation and a spoiler thread to cover all our Godzilla needs in the monsterverse section. :)
Same here, bro. :D
Zarm wrote:

Likewise, welcome! I approve of your priorities in collecting! ;) Glad to have you here as well! (Is the username a Harryhausen reference, or just a general paleontology interest? You'll find fans of both here!)
A Harryhausen reference. That animal was/still is one of my all time favorites and The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms is my favorite Ray Harryhausen movie.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Ah, JPlegacy! Never got to the forums but I was a huge fan of the site. Great to have you both onboard!
Same here.

Sauron
Ronin

Post by Sauron »

Hi all, Sauron here.

I'm a long time kaiju fan, coming back to the hobby after a five year layoff. I look forward to some fun conversations and being a part of the community again!

Thanks for having me.
Dark Lord and Webmaster of Kaijuphile

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Sauron wrote:Hi all, Sauron here.

I'm a long time kaiju fan, coming back to the hobby after a five year layoff. I look forward to some fun conversations and being a part of the community again!

Thanks for having me.
Come on in, put your feet up...
Would you like some tea?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Thanks for having me.
"There is only one Lord of the Rings...and he does not share power!"

Welcome!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Thanks for having me.
Welcome!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thanks for having me.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thanks for having me.
Well......I mean you're already here, you didn't even bother to knock, you just came in and sat at Daws chair....now that's G21's chair, whoa thats Maritonics chair, nope thats eabakers chair.......And thats my chair.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

goji89 wrote:Well......I mean you're already here, you didn't even bother to knock, you just came in and sat at Daws chair....now that's G21's chair, whoa thats Maritonics chair, nope thats eabakers chair.......And thats my chair.
Grab a bean bag...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Grievous wrote:
goji89 wrote:Well......I mean you're already here, you didn't even bother to knock, you just came in and sat at Daws chair....now that's G21's chair, whoa thats Maritonics chair, nope thats eabakers chair.......And thats my chair.
Grab a bean bag...
No, he sits in the corner. Coming in here like he owns the place being all cheerful and polite.

This here is TK, the roughest toughest G-forum around and we dont take highly to cheerful polite users. If you can make it here you can make it in any forum.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

goji89 wrote:No, he sits in the corner. Coming in here like he owns the place being all cheerful and polite.

This here is TK, the roughest toughest G-forum around and we dont take highly to cheerful polite users. If you can make it here you can make it in any forum.
But...I already called dibs on the (shame) corner...

:P

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:

Thanks for having me.
Well......I mean you're already here, you didn't even bother to knock, you just came in and sat at Daws chair....now that's G21's chair, whoa thats Maritonics chair, nope thats eabakers chair.......And thats my chair.
*Rolls up sleeves* Who stole my chair? Sauron?

You have no power here, servant of Morgoth!
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Grievous wrote:
goji89 wrote:No, he sits in the corner. Coming in here like he owns the place being all cheerful and polite.

But...I already called dibs on the (shame) corner...

:P
The shame corner holds up to two people, he can sit on your lap.