Original Story: How two kids saved the Earth By Me

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Original Story: How two kids saved the Earth By Me

Post by Gojira1604 »

One June morning the 26th of the month in the year 2064 there was a city an otherwise bustling town full of activity clattering the streets below the many dozen story high skyscrapers above but like so many other metropolises of that era one specific day the whole population of inhabitants at all but totally vacated the premise. Only crows, stray cats and bees generated noise through their daily activities of flying above pollinating plants and scattering through the garbage. "Why?" someone might ask has San Francisco become a ghost town. The question would soon be answered if one were to witness what the news outlets have been reporting the last 30 years and more recently that week's Sunday as the sky went from a blue to black as a singular expanding bright dot appeared above. The bright object emitted a long lens flare that only expanded and narrowed as it as the bright ball that generated it descended closer down to the skyscrapers. Just before it overtook the buildings and its glow to its proximity one could make out a long tail of light marking its downward Direction the light then reach the ground the sky return to Blue but just that second in unimaginably loud boom shook the entire surrounding areas for miles around as a thick circle of dust and fire obliterated the city and its that Nation this is what the 6.4 billion people around the world observed through broadcasts and live streams. At the start of the year 2020 thousands of rogue asteroids had diverged from the asteroid belt and were by an unfortunate twist of chance long towards the direction of Earth. Or so, that's what NASA officially claimed but Michelle believed nothing of it. She believed something else was going on she remembered when her hometown was obliterated by comment five or so years ago she was quick to notice how swiftly the surrounding area was quarantined with military craft and hidden vehicles kept under wraps. She lays down in her bed her room a comfortable dark low-lit attic with sticky notes and newspaper articles adorning the walls. Her parents call her paranoid and they're little conspiracy nut for all her young adult life she's doubted what the news and government told her regarding the surge of space rocks knocking down civilization but she never could answer just what she thought was really going on. She didn’t know what to say when questioned by dubious friends and family. She asked herself what is going on as she fell into sleep just then as if to answer her question and all she could see as her eyes opened as a pure blinding white light coming from her one rectangular window beamed from the other side of the room (3 days earlier) 12 men in buff but very mobile rocket propelled space suits drill into a 65 meter diameter space rock. Their equipment blasted and drilled through the stone and silt like styrofoam. Then after clearing the rocky face the drills and pickaxes hit the metallic core. Their machines did not even the slightest touch of denting to the material. This is where Lester and the rest of the tunneling workers had to clear off the face of the space rock as huge turbo engines were then implanted into the pores and Cavities of the asteroid latched on. The engines then activated in a bright blue few and zoomed out into space soon to a point that it was beyond sight from the station. Where that meteor had just been operated on such labor was of daily basis on Station One. Every day all occupants of the asteroid processing Industrial complex had to partake in the preparation of asteroids and the equipment necessary for their send off to what the workers were told was another space station where the ultra durable core of the meteors could be harvested. This job was the only one available for Station One’s four hundred inhabitants. It was all Lester had ever known. Being the the youngest on the station, this occupation the young man found unbearably boring. Having no family the only one to keep him company was is robot Doxie 47. After a long day's work Lester return to his home of Station One’s apartment complex. His door opened and as Lester walked in he was greeted by his yellow black striped Droid companion that was cooking on the stove top wearing an apron. “Hello sir!”, Doxie enthusiastically exclaimed. “Hey Doxie”, Lester replied,”Dinner smells great, ready with the cam?’, Doxy responded,” Why yes sir I was just about to ask you the same thing. I must say I'm quite excited to be among the only two on Station One to get a view of the station to where the asteroids are sen”. Lester nodded in agreement,” Boy I bet their stations are so much bigger than ours sure hope they didn't notice your bright yellow probe I left on the asteroid that they blasted off today”, he snickered. Doxie said back,” I'm sure if they do it'll be no big deal. The scanners of my eye probe detect that it is approaching the destination”. “Then project what your eye probe’s seeing on the TV screen already”, Lester exclaimed. Doxie did just that and the screen of their monitor turned onto a projection of an image of a blue and green expanding planet. Both Lester and Dovie looked in bewilderment expecting another double ring shaped asteroid processing station not a full-blown planet. Doxie zoomed into the surface of a planet Earth. The screen projected another even more startling sight, a city, one the asteroid Doxie's eye probe was attached to was headed right towards. Lester saw all the details of the city huge stone pillars of glass windows. The cite was unfamiliar to him and most startling of all, a car going at top speed through the streets of the city the last thing the screen projected was a view of the terrified driver of the vehicle looked up screaming. The screen then went a fizzling granny gray, the I probe had burned up in the atmosphere. Both Lester and Doxie looked at each other and disbelief. Lester than blurted, “So that that's where the asteroids are going”. “ An asteroid of that size would completely destroy inhabited structures we just witnessed”, Doxie said back. A mattress lower down from the ceiling indicating it was time to sleep. “ Well good resting sir”, Doxie sighed and walked away to charge. Lester kept thinking about what he just saw as he got into bed he tossed and turned unable to sleep the footage and seen earlier still hunting him his eyes slowly closed then shot open again frantically. He had gotten an idea and then got up to awake doxy. “Wake up I got a plan!”,Lester whispered while shaking Doxie. Doxie murmured tired robotic sounds. “Well for once you get to your senses, here's the plan. I need your second eye probe to get me any useful info on Earth and how I can get it on to one of those ships the higher-ups that have to get into space”, Lester explained. “Also sure you send make sure you send footage your probe I recorded earlier to everyone on this station. Dovie repplied to Lester, “Starting a revolution are we?”. Lester responsed, “Something like that, everybody's got to know about this”. Doxie’s eye then popped off and fell to the floor. three small bug like robotic legs then protruded out of the hockey puck shaped probe and made its way to the main sector of the satellite Lester and Doxie followed it all the way there. It then proceeded to crawl beneath the main sectors vault and started downloading info it deemed relevant from the computers. This info traveled back to the main body of Doxie who said to Lester the ship they needed to get to Earth was just 60 meters down the same Hall they hurried and Doxie’s eye granted them entrance into the craft. “You sure come in handy”, Lester told Turtle Doxie as the 2 boarded the ship. Lester detached the ship from the station and it soon launched itself far from Station 1. “Where should we land, Earth's a big place I imagine”, Lester asked “I searched through the records of Station 1 and found a list of individuals the Earth government keeps a watchful eye on due to their doubt that the meteors hitting the planet are a natural phenomenon. Apparently the Earth government works with our Station 1”,Doxie explained. Lester thought for a moment,” I'll be going to sleep, it will be a long trip you keep piloting this ship”. Lester yawned. (Back at Station 1) Contact Boss Ghidor”, a worker ordered to his radio. “Tell him his personal ship has been stolen”. Back on the ship Lester woke up to the craft rocking uncontrollably. “What's wrong!?”, Lester yelled. Doxie said back, “I don't know the ship, went awry all of a sudden!” “Where are we landing?!”, Lester screamed back. “I was going to have us choose a home of one of the people that doubt the meteors are natural’, Doxie said back. The ship soon entered the atmosphere of Earth. “You better choose one quickly now”, said Doxey and handed Lester a file of Station One”s watch list. Lester proceeded to frantically scroll down the file’s screen. One individual caught his eye, a young girl named Michelle. All of the other people on the list where men and old as the workers he knew. He selected her and handed the file right back to Doxie. “Take us to this person's home and hurry!”. The ship in an instant swerved to the left and next thing the boy and his robot new they were above Michelle's house. The ship then crashed and struck the ground, a hillside a bit of a distance away from the house. “Their, I mean, your ship has crashed sir”, said one of the workers of Station One monitoring the stolenspace vehicle. “Yes but now the people of Earth are aware of us shooting asteroids at them as the people here are also”, stated the big man behind the worker ,”Send a ship to his coordinates, I want that boy”, Boss Ghidor continued. Back on Earth Lester climbed out of his down ship he look back inside the cockpit to the depressing sight of a destroyed Doxie. He turned around rejecting the loss of his only robotic friend but toughened it out a got up. As he got to his feet he saw six other figures approach him. Six adults and a girl. The girl. That’s Michelle he thought. He walked up to the crowd who look behind him bewildered at the sight of the strange saucer shaped vehicle behind Lester. Lester walked straight up to the girl and asked,”Are you Michelle Lanchalle?” Michelle then took her gaze off the downed starship and looked at Lester and responded. “Ugh, yes.”,she nodded perplexed. Lester then continued,”That ship behind me is mine, it crashed here after I escaped a space station in the asteroid belt that has been sending all these asteroids to your world here for the last several years”,Lester gasped. Michelle looked at his in silent shock yet in her mind it all made sense. All she’d researched and doubted since her first hometown was destroyed, it all came together. Had a literal flying saucer not be downed behind Lester she wouldn’t have believed him. She responded,”How, how can i help you, then?” Lester responded, “Well you can tell all the people here what I just told you, what you six back there just heard.” Michelle grabbed Lester by the arm,”Come inside, my place is right here” Lester followed her in. “I’m home alone right now at the moment, my parents have gone off on vacation a week ago but they’ll return later today” Lester was a bit jealous of her having parents but said nothing about it. Michelle then told Lester she’d be going outside to livestream and that he was free to look around the house and get familiar with it. Lester got some inspecting of the room before Michelle came back in soon after. “Turns out all of Earth is being visited by you guys”,she stated. She then handed him her phone a showed Lester viral footage of two flying saucers engaged in a dogfight over Dallas, Texas. He inspected the video closely and then said,”Before I crashed here, I told my robot to send the footage he and I took of a meteor crashing to Earth, a meteor we had sent and had been deceived into thinking was simply taking to another space station. I’m guess one the ships fighting in this video are those of my fellow Station One workers who have chosen to rebel against the company as I kind of have” Michelle looked at him and said,”What prompted you to find out what was going on how’d you do it?” “Just for kicks I guess is why I did it, life on the station is miserably repetitive. Putting one of Doxie’s camera eyes on the last asteroid sent was just our way on entertaining ourselves. Then we found out the truth and just had to do something about it” Lester finished. Michelle looked at him in understandment,”So it seems your people also shared the same feeling when you showed them”she responded,”That’s inspiring,”she sighed,”All my life I’ve tried convincing people that these asteroid impacts, weren’t what they seemed. All always figured, they seem so scheduled and always hit important locations. People just, prefer to live in conformity here.” Lester responded,”Well I wouldn’t say the people of station one are all so independent and open minded if before no one was willing to ask or question where these space rocks we prepared were going and would rather all have the same job their whole lives.” Michelle got up and sighed,”Well, I hope you’ve changed that now. The sun’s coming up, let's make breakfast”. Michelle walked to the kitchen and started to prepare some pancakes and a milkshake. She of course shared with her guest. As the day went by the two shared with one another more thoughts as well as stories. Michelle had many tales to tell of experiences at school and with her family and Lester told her of the many misadventures he had done along with Doxie on Station One. Though still missing his cooky AI friend he was very much enjoying his time and talks with Michelle. She was like an almost more genuine version of his droid buddy, more to say and less of a yes man. After a while the two teens even got to playing some of Michelle’s video games. Soon sundown approached and Michelle was showing off and around her room in the attic of the house to Lester. The two then heard the doorbell ring and turned around. Michelle blurted,”I’ll get it, probably my parents”. Lester stayed in the room looking around as Michelle hurried down to greet her guardians. After a minute, Lester was alarmed to hear what seemed like arguing coming from downstairs. He then hurried down as well and as he arrived down Michelle and two adults turned around and stared at Lester. “Good gosh its him”,gasped the man. “Your the kid those Station One goons are lookin’ for, I’m sorry but you have to leave this house”,the man stated, the woman, his wife besides him reluctantly nodding in agreement. “What, why?!”,Michelle cried. “I’m sorry son but those space guys are looking viciously for you everywhere, if they find you here i couldn’t have that, you’re endangering my family”,the man pleaded. Lester was about to argue something back but then he looked at Michelle. He realized that what her life and her family was in fact in danger. He then replied,”Yes sir, your right, I’ll vacate your home immediately..”. “Thank you son, I’m sorry.” Before he could get to the door Michelle grabbed his shoulder and told him,”You don’t have to do this”. Lester turned back around and replied. “Its alright”,he admitted before finally walking out the door. As the door shut he could hear the family continuing to argue. He however continued to walk away defeat. Over the hill he could barely make it out but noticed the ship that had taken him here crashed on the hilltop. It was actually much farther away then he realized but he decided to march towards it. Halfway there he again got that feeling of sorrow and loneliness that he experienced when he saw Doxie’s mangled robotic body. He told himself, this is the responsible thing to do, like revealing Station One’s corrupt destruction was. It was then that he heard someone scream behind him. “Lester!”,she yelled. I was Michelle who had followed him there. He turned around happy yet concerned. Michelle finally reached him and gasping for air said,”Don’t go there Lester, this isn’t fair she pleaded. Before Lester could reply all of a sudden a blue light from above froze them in place. The two could only look at each other as the were beamed up into a saucer shaped flying object the size of a house. The two once brought into its interior were separated from each other and Lester found himself in a clean, white room. A sofa, a tv screen and a door on his opposite end of the place. Lester then regained mobility as a large man in a black uniform entered from the one door of the room. “I’m Boss Ghidor”,the man stated friendly-like. Lester looked at him dubiously,”I’ve come to bargain’,Ghidor continued. “See, I run, or did run what is now left of the Station One Asteroid Processing industry”.”You see, many of my workers have revolted as a response to your, very dramatic footage” “I’m glad they have, your destruction of Earth is done with, there’s nothing you can do about it”,Lester boasted. “Oh but there’s something you can do”,Boss Ghidor continued. “You can tell all the outraged workers that the footage you sent them was a hoaxed, fabricated by your part”. Ghidor followed,”I will then let you and your friend go, you two seem to be very close.” He finally added,”Please, my industry has done nothing wrong. These meteors are striking uninhabited cities, only the awesome atmospheric pressure of entrance to Earth’s orbit is capable of melting the otherwise impervious metal found in asteroid’s cores” Lester thought for a moment, he knew Ghidor was totally lying he knew those asteroids killed people but its his chance to free himself and Michelle that made him hesitate spitting in Ghidor’s greedy face. Lester finally decided, knowing what Michelle would do, he responded firmly. “No, its high time your destruction was opposed and ended. I won’t help you in any way” Ghidor glared at Lester angrily,”Then I have no choice”,the man hissed. Boss Ghidor then pressed a button up his sleeve and the floor below Lester opened and dropped him into a cell below. “I may never get my empire industry back kid, but at least I’ve ended the kid who ended it. Eye for an eye boy!”, Ghidor yelled before walking away. Lester almost had relief from that last statement. He was sure Station One’s meteor mining was over. “Lester!?’, a voice softly asked from the other side of the cell. Lester recognized that voice,”Michelle?”, he whimpered back into the dark room. The two stood up and walked forward, eventually bumping into the other. The two hugged and even teared up. They were now just happy to be together, no matter what happened later. Several hours passed in the cold cell. Suddenly, the door behind the pair creaked. They quickly released each other in fear as the light from outside seeped in to the pitch black jail. However, who entered was certainly to the relief of the duo. At the door was Doxie, who beeped to his friend,”Hello sir! We’ve come to free you!” Lester smilied and asked,”We?”. Just then, several rebel workers stormed into the room and behind them, Michelle’s parents. Michelle beamed with happiness and relief to see them. The two ran up to hug their daughter. The three cried and held one another tightly. “I’m sorry”, Michelle’s father sorrowed,”Both of you, I’m sorry”. Lester turned to Doxie. “How are you here buddy?”,he asked with content. Doxie beeped back,”The former workers of Station One, the rebels, got to the downed ship we got in before Ghidor did”. “The damage to my bod wasn’t too severe, I still had one eye probe with my conscience left on Station One. You gave up on me to quickly buddy”,Doxie beamed. One of the rebel soldiers patted Lester on the shoulder, “Great job kid, you’ve started this whole thing, without you we’d still be drilling into rocks for the rest of our lives. We couldn’t let you go” “Son,”,Mr.Lanchelle then said,”Our daughter told us you have no real family, we wanted to offer you a chance to live with us. What do you say?” Lester was speechless, so Doxie spoke for him and exclaimed,”Yes!” “Then lets go home, and get us out of this cell haha”, joked Michelle. The new family walked out as the rebel workers carried Ghidor in to serve the due time for his crimes against humanity. Lester, Michelle and Doxie looked out the widow of the spaceship. They were headed back to Earth. The and boy and the robot put their arms over the shoulders of their new Earthling sister. The three ready for their new lives as one happy family.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Original Story: How two kids saved the Earth By Me

Post by Gojira1604 »

In"Hooked on a Myth," Victoria Braithwaite asserts that fish despite popular belief have the capacity to feel pain and experience other manner of cognition. Victoria describes how she and her coleages initially experimented and proved the efficiency of the pain receptors of fish when subjected to irritants. She then questions if fish also have then a capacity to think cognitevely to the extent of being able to emote. Examples of fish's remarkable learning capacity such as navigation skills are explained to make the reader question where they draw the line on animal suffrage when based upon cognitive capacity. Hi mstewart

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

What can be called a fringe group of people on the internet's forums and social media sites have emerged proclaiming their doubt in the existance(or former existance) of the extinct animal group Dinosauria. Called the CAD or Christians Against Dinosaurs. Are these people misguided in putting their belief in Biblical doctrine as opposed to seemingly staggering amount of evidence that any would say proves dinosaurs were undoubtedly once a reality?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Boss Ghidor i could come up with better name lol.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Good story? Made it in 11th grade
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Got a c
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Feedback would b cool
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

:lol: what happened to begining writers
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

:( Hi:(
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

Pretty good
Last edited by Mr_Krenicboy on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

Dixie was cool indeed.
Last edited by Mr_Krenicboy on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.