Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by DirektorSplennic »

godzilla1541 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not sure what I'd use for the body, but I'd want his tentacles to be some kind of bendy wire.
Easy https://youtu.be/qrszhE7Zdi8
^this technic is what I used for iris
Any ideas for the body? You're our custom master :D (I'm not going to mold and/or inject anything, so i need another idea)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Could try making a base out of foam, wrapping it in tape, painting it light-blue and covering it with some kind of see-through blue fabric.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not sure what I'd use for the body, but I'd want his tentacles to be some kind of bendy wire.
Easy https://youtu.be/qrszhE7Zdi8
^this technic is what I used for iris
Any ideas for the body? You're our custom master :D (I'm not going to mold and/or inject anything, so i need another idea)
Use wires to make a sort of inner frame and use a cloth to cover it. The same frame wires will lead into the tentacles so everything will be connected. Cloth seems like the best option as it will still allow for light to pass through and it will let the wires move freely. That’s my only idea at the moment.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I just had an idea to take 3 really long bendy wires and some yellow plasti dip and make a screen accurate anime ghidorah.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Anyone else remember this?

No? Neither did I until like 2 hours ago. So after like, 2 years of this thing sitting on my back burner I finally got off my arse and finished it. I kinda ruined the teeth while attempting to strip the paint last time I attempted to paint it, though its hardly noticeable now.

I SWEAR! I WILL TRY AND GET BETTER PICTURES! My phone sucks arse and I have the worst possible lighting. Wall of images below;
Things Changed:
Erased the disgusting gum line.
Repainted the mouth
Repainted Teeth
Repainted Eye
Painted Dorsal plates
Shades main plates with matching green

Painted w/ Vallejo Color - Painted to be "in tow" with the original paint. So no repaint or anything. Just some touch ups really.

While it might not be noticeable right away. I painted part of the outer jaw flesh tone. I recommend others do it as well. Why? When you close his mouth and look at him from the side, you don't see that hideous pink showing. ;) Also got away with that dumb gum line. However, I nearly snapped the damn figure in half because NECA's joints are the most difficult thing to reattach once taken out. Almost took sand paper and shaved down the joint.

Added in 3 minutes 53 seconds:
Anyone wondering why his teeth and sickly?

Based off these 2:
http://i.imgur.com/5A6QIxb.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/45/1a ... 25e585.jpg

I prefer my GMK with some nasty rancid teeth.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:A whole lot of text
Looks great! But ugh the original sculpt and paint is ugly to me now. Soo glad I did away with the green, got rid of the gums entirely, and gave him a new balljoint for his jaw. Here’s mine. With my original repaint for comparison (a one year difference)
His arm snapped during customizing and I was waiting for a response from Neca CS but After these where taken I ended up just gluing his arm back on. . ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzilla1541 wrote: Looks great! But ugh the original sculpt and paint is ugly to me now. Soo glad I did away with the green, got rid of the gums entirely, and gave him a new balljoint for his jaw.
Thank you! Lol, if I had a second GMK I would have done the same :P Honestly, the gum line just kills the sculpt. If I wanted to break out my Epoxy I could have sculpted over, but I didn't feel like slamming my face against a wall and trying to build that up.

Definately next time I touch a GMK though I will play around with more then just his paint ;) Planning on hacking that wire tail and throwing in some ball joints as well...but that'll have to wait.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

UltramanGoji wrote:Could try making a base out of foam, wrapping it in tape, painting it light-blue and covering it with some kind of see-through blue fabric.
I might actually try this now that I'm on vacation.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

With all these gmk repaint picture you guys got me thinking about mine.. so heres and update! Spines still need to be shaded

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq8Yiwgn7dg ... 0fjrq0ncji

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

^ I love that Gigan. Good Job.....
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Remoldeling a NECA Burning Godzilla into something BLASPHEMOUS!

Stay tuned!

Because NECA likes making their releases "maximum suffering". I couldn't remove the neck joints in the base figure. Tried pulling it out after super heating it. Joint snapped in half. Heated it again, grabbed some pliers. Couldn't get a good grip. Eventually smashed what remained of the neck into a flat blob. Fuck it - gunna drill it out. Mind you, I eventually gave up on heating it because it was like at 9:03 at night. Meh -

----

I DON'T EVER! EEEEEEEVER! Want to see people complaining in this forum about how MonsterArts joints fall off. At least you can take the things off and put them on, no problem. I challenge you to disassemble a NECA Heisei Godzilla down to every joints like a MonsterArts. Good fucking luck. I hope you brought a set of pliers. #rantend

Seriously though, 100% believe you are not meant to ever pull these things apart. Oh well, lol. Can't tell me what to do.

Added in 1 hour 46 minutes 27 seconds:
Hollowed out the neck mostly. Still need to deepen it a bit and round out the edges more. Along with test fitting the original base head.

Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Dear God...

They're merging...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Image
:shock: .....Your playing with something you cant possibly comprehend. It should be illegal to do what I think you want to do.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Dear God...

They're merging...
THEIR POWER LEVELS MULTIPLY! AS WELL AS THEIR PRICE POINT!
goji89 wrote:
:shock: .....Your playing with something you cant possibly comprehend. It should be illegal to do what I think you want to do.
I fully comprehend everything!

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

TOLD YOU I WAS COMMITTING BLASPHEMY!

=====
On a serious note though. NECA's main sculpt isn't all that bad. Just how they went about doing their joints really limits them, imo. Mainly that ugly neck. That's the first thing i'm fixing...

-and no. I'm not wasting a MonsterArts on this. That's why I bought casting resin :p Gunna cast copies of the parts instead of using the original.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Oh god. It’s happening. It’s happening and i can’t wait to see the final product!!

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

SpaceG92 wrote:and no. I'm not wasting a MonsterArts on this. That's why I bought casting resin :p Gunna cast copies of the parts instead of using the original.
And that sounds like a good idea. Remember to use a good molding compound, and to apply a decent amount of mold release before casting in resin. I'm assuming that you've done this before, but this is just a precaution.

By the way, what would be the best way to mold these figures? What I mean is, how would one section them for molds, since you'll need two-part or even three-part molds for some parts of the figure? Just curious, as I'd like to give it a try in the future.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

I bought a Sega Prize figure Godzilla Earth and I'm currently working on making it into a Scarlet Godzilla Earth. I've just got to finish the spines on him. I'll post pictures once I'm finished.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

2018 has come to a close. I’ve made many custom Figures last year and I’ve improved a great amount. Here is a Video gallery of all my 2018 custom figures.

KappaJoe
Ronin

Post by KappaJoe »

Hi,new here ,wanted to share my Jet Jaguar custom,its never finished i just keep adding to it,made from figuarts and the microman set parts.
[Pic] https://imgur.com/a/355idyM [/Pic]
Last edited by KappaJoe on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.