Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by MandaSaurus »

Found me another MIB BD Gallimimus at a podunk Wal-Mart in a town of about 5,000 near here. Before anyone calls me greedy, keep in mind that someone up in Michigan has been selling them on eBay for $45 a pop! I've done some horse-trading, but I've never ripped anyone off like THAT...

NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!
Pics are on YT of some of the stuff headed our way in Mattel's JW:FK 2019 line-up! Such as:
- The Attack Pack Hererrasaurus and Protoceratops are being repainted.
- Action Attack Stegosaurus and Suchomimus are being repainted( ya like Sucho's blue color? Tough - next year it's BROWN ).
- Tapejara and Rhamforynhcus are featured flyers next year.
- Styracosaurus' color has been changed: it is not orange/brown as JPToys has been showing. It will be dk. blue/black.
- SuperColossal T-Rex WILL be available next year: But the packaging will be totally different!

And now, unfortunately, the BAD news: :(
One of those YT reviewers got ahold of someone at Mattel and Target, and guess what? Mattel isn't making any more Spinosauruses! Why, you may ask? Because Target didn't ORDER any more! Ain't THAT a kick in the pants?!? Thanks, Target! Well, maybe Mattel will give us a repaint or a BD one next year...

EDIT: Ordered those two DNA lab kits off Wal-Mart's site. They're still available at SRP, $12.96, but secondary mkt. sites are charging $30-35, so I figured that it might be a good idea to get 'em now...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

So apparently the Beasts of the Mesozoic schedule has been delayed a whole year. Looks like we won't be getting any Tyrannosaurids til the 2020s. I wish he had a larger team. :(
This is the beginning of the end.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:So apparently the Beasts of the Mesozoic schedule has been delayed a whole year. Looks like we won't be getting any Tyrannosaurids til the 2020s. I wish he had a larger team. :(
At the rate Mattel is cranking out Ceratopsians - the next batch after the 'Raptors that Beasts of the Mesozoic was supposed to do - there may not be any LEFT for BOTM to do, when they get around to it. Protoceratops, Sinoceratops & the obligatory Trike for this year, Styracosaurus & Nasutoceratops for next year! Maybe more...
BTW, in case anyone here hasn't heard, next year's line will be called Dino Rivals, with a predominantly RED packaging. Mattel says that some items may show up on shelves before year's end...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Found the Proto, Minmi, and Proceratus at two Walmarts, but decided to pass. I'm not a particularly big fan of any of those figures.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Found the Proto, Minmi, and Proceratus at two Walmarts, but decided to pass. I'm not a particularly big fan of any of those figures.
All three of those have never been made before in any JP/JW line-up, and I'm game for any critter that's new!

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

MandaSaurus wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:So apparently the Beasts of the Mesozoic schedule has been delayed a whole year. Looks like we won't be getting any Tyrannosaurids til the 2020s. I wish he had a larger team. :(
At the rate Mattel is cranking out Ceratopsians - the next batch after the 'Raptors that Beasts of the Mesozoic was supposed to do - there may not be any LEFT for BOTM to do, when they get around to it. Protoceratops, Sinoceratops & the obligatory Trike for this year, Styracosaurus & Nasutoceratops for next year! Maybe more...
BTW, in case anyone here hasn't heard, next year's line will be called Dino Rivals, with a predominantly RED packaging. Mattel says that some items may show up on shelves before year's end...
What do you mean “left for them to do”? Since when did Mattel have anything to do with BOTM? They just have a schedule issue.
This is the beginning of the end.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ I meant that at the rate Mattel is cranking out Ceratopsians, they may have done them ALL by the time BOTM gets started. Might make BOTM's kind of redundant...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Considering that Silva's line is centered on being as scientifically accurate as possible, something Mattel completely avoided, I think he'll be fine.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, they're very different lines, so I wouldn't think they'd compete on a serious scale. I certainly intend to buy from both lines. Still gotta get that Saurornithilestes once I manage to hang on to a spare forty bucks...

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

So was that articulated Indoraptor just a one-off thing? I know they're making a Blue with Owen in what seems like a new line.
I hope they make other figures in that style.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GojiDude95 wrote:So was that articulated Indoraptor just a one-off thing? I know they're making a Blue with Owen in what seems like a new line.
I hope they make other figures in that style.
6" scale Blue & Owen are the first in a new 'Collector Scale', scheduled for next year. Ian Malcolm will follow. No others are planned yet.

FYI, the Destruct-A-Saurs Helicopter Attack w/ Pteranodon set available at Wal-Mart's site has just been 'rolled back' from $40 to $36. I'd been holding off on it, but when I saw that, I pulled the trigger...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Found two Sinoceratops at Walmart last night. Might buy one in the morning. It's a pretty decent looking figure, looks better in person than the online pictures I've seen.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Snagged the Legacy Collection Pteranodon green re-paint at a semi-local Target. Now I can cross that off my list...

BTW, it looks like we're getting a GREEN T-Rex next year. It appears to be a re-painted Extreme Chompin' Rex. There was also a re-painted young T-Rex( the Target one )shown in the foreground, so it might be a 2-Pack.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Did go ahead and get a Sino the other day. Well, Pachyrhino, anyway. I like it a lot, looks good on the shelf and the rearranging I had to do to fit it in solved some issues with my display, so it was a good purchase all around. And I decided I am going to get a Protoceratops soon, and maybe a Minmi. They've grown on me.

Also, it occurs to me that the JW line is conspicuously devoid of hadrosaurs. I'm not surprised, given that they don't have any flashy weapons to market to the kids, but colorful paint jobs and maybe a headbutt or tail swing action would probably sell enough of them, and collectors would no doubt love them. A Parasaurolophus and a Corythisaurus are no-brainers, and Edmontosaurus would also be likely.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Parasaurolophus is in the 2019 line. Pics are on YouTube. Corythosaurus is rumored to be in the planning phase...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, cool. I like the quadrupedal stance they went with, and the colors are just different enough from my old TLW Hornhead. Will definitely try to get one when it comes out. The Styracosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Suchomimus, Concavenator, and Tapejara are all likely buys, too, probably among others. The sheer number of species this line is putting out just keeps blowing my expectations out of the water. And blowing the money out of my wallet, but I guess that's just something I'll have to live with...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Dino Rivals line is starting to hit. Matchbox sets( which I have personally seen )and re-packs of the human figures are the most common sightings right now. Suchomimus, Stegosaurus, Bite & Fight T-Rex have been spotted as well.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:Suchomimus

Dang. Thought I was done blowing money on dinosaurs for this year. Oh, well! :huge: My Walmart's Roarivores have been cleared out for a while, now, so hopefully they'll get the new wave in soon.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Don't believe everything about the Spinosaurus, guys. It's been in and out of stock for the last couple of weeks, very limited, but it's been trickling back. Target is in the business of making money, Spino's a seller, math will always win out.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Salzilla wrote:Don't believe everything about the Spinosaurus, guys. It's been in and out of stock for the last couple of weeks, very limited, but it's been trickling back. Target is in the business of making money, Spino's a seller, math will always win out.
Well, they don't treat it that way. Yes, it's been popping back up at their site lately, but in ridiculous spurts that come & go. Spino IS one of the most poorly handled exclusives EVER. The Star Wars Black Series Gamorrean Guard was handled better by Target than the Spino...

@JAGzilla: What new wave of Roarivores? The Sinoceratops wave is the last one. There are no Roarivores in the Dino Rivals line, they've been replaced by the Savage Strike series.