Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Ultra 500, Ultra X & Ultra Orb Figure Thread

Post by MaxRebo320 »

As awesome as Hanuman is, the figure won't be in scale with Spark Dolls, nor will it even have a realistic look. It's still cool as shit though. I'd get it, but I already have a Hanuman figure, so I'll pass...for now.
https://www.thetoychronicle.com/news/ha ... sive-look/
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

If only we could get a nice 6 inch Hanuman vinyl

Added in 19 days 1 hour 14 minutes 34 seconds:
So is the figure of the new red monster a DX figure or an ultra 500

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

Post by SpaceG92 »

did a slight name change to the thread.

IIRC they changed the line from the 500 series to the old "Ultra Hero/Monster" series of old and reissued older figures under that new name. I think the majority of the releases got picked into the new - so I think we can properly rename it.

Could just call it "Spark Dolls" thread since that's what started it :P

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Godzillian wrote:So is the figure of the new red monster a DX figure or an ultra 500
Sadly only a 5" vinyl. So far there hasn't been any announcement for a DX Kaiju so far :/
And I fear there won't be any. Maybe for the movie?

Added in 12 days 14 hours 1 minute 50 seconds:
The new catalogue for R/B lists a new DX Kaiju (possibly the final enemy)! Alongside various upgraded Kaijus (Demaaga, Gurujiobone, Grand King)

Added in 14 hours 37 minutes 19 seconds:

Love all of them. Too bad, they all aren't DX figures...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I am very surprised those four aren't DX figures. Going to be weird seeing the new Demaaga smaller than the DX Tsuguri Demaaga.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Is there literally just one DX figure for Ultraman R/B? If so, that is so disappointing. Guess I’ll just be getting one figure from this series.
Long Live The King

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Hokmuto wrote:Is there literally just one DX figure for Ultraman R/B? If so, that is so disappointing. Guess I’ll just be getting one figure from this series.
The regular figures are fine for the most part. Out of scale, but decent enough to spend 6 bucks on.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I'm very disappointed those four aren't DX vinyls. If Bandai would sell them with the size of the old 6" toys, the paint apps could be even better than usually for the price of 2,500 Yen.
Still love their designs, especially Gurujioking (96), Gurujioregiina (97) and Kamisori Demaaga (99). If their on-screen counterparts look even half as good as their concepts, they are absolute beasts!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I think that this reveals the rest of the kaiju for the first half of the show. I think that we should have at least one more DX figure before the show ends.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

mikenes wrote:I think that this reveals the rest of the kaiju for the first half of the show. I think that we should have at least one more DX figure before the show ends.
Really hope so but I think these are already the ones for the second half of the series. Just look at the release date of 5" no. 99: early December!
And even though Ruugosaito (the DX vinyl) is released in early November, Maga Tano-Orochi and Belial Atrocious were early birds too.

Added in 2 months 28 days 6 hours 11 minutes 29 seconds:
Here's a list for the Ultraman figures for next year.

Snake Darkness is the name of the movie villain.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDQirGlQCn ... hare_sheet

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Is
Spoiler:
Ultraman Toreiga next year's Ultraman?

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

LegendZilla wrote:^Is
Spoiler:
Ultraman Toreiga next year's Ultraman?
Hm, wouldn't bet on that. Though he possible isn't part of R/B series and movie. Maybe for the "series" or whatever plays during the break till the next season?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

UH Ultrawoman Grigio and Ultraman Gruebe, UM Ultraman Toregia, UM EX Pega and UM DX Snake Darkness.

All will be released on 14th December with the exception of Grigio, who will be released on 22nd December.
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LegendarySDCollecter
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendarySDCollecter »

Does anyone know where I can buy the ultra hero/monster DX Ultraman Tiga The battle of light and darkness final battle set in new condition? eBay has two for $800+ and Mandarake has two used. Any chances you guys know anyone selling it for Decent amount. I don’t mind spending a lot just not $800+

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LegendarySDCollecter wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy the ultra hero/monster DX Ultraman Tiga The battle of light and darkness final battle set in new condition? eBay has two for $800+ and Mandarake has two used. Any chances you guys know anyone selling it for Decent amount. I don’t mind spending a lot just not $800+
I'd try looking at Yahoo japan or Yahoo auctions and use a middleman like Buyee.

Other then sniping one off Mandy, that'll be your best bet. IIRC only like 2 people here have it.

LegendarySDCollecter
GPN Volunteer

SpaceG92 wrote:
LegendarySDCollecter wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy the ultra hero/monster DX Ultraman Tiga The battle of light and darkness final battle set in new condition? eBay has two for $800+ and Mandarake has two used. Any chances you guys know anyone selling it for Decent amount. I don’t mind spending a lot just not $800+
I'd try looking at Yahoo japan or Yahoo auctions and use a middleman like Buyee.

Other then sniping one off Mandy, that'll be your best bet. IIRC only like 2 people here have it.
Do you have any links? I’m actually having trouble finding the website for IIRC and Mandy

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

LegendarySDCollecter wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:

Do you have any links? I’m actually having trouble finding the website for IIRC and Mandy
Mandy = Mandarake
IIRC = "If I remember correctly" - not a website lol
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

LegendarySDCollecter
GPN Volunteer

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: I'd try looking at Yahoo japan or Yahoo auctions and use a middleman like Buyee.

Mandy = Mandarake
LMAO Mandarake only have two used. I’m a hardcore collecter I usually have two of everything ( one in mint condition/sealed/tag attached) and the second is usually for pose, out of the box/pose or whatever. So I guess I will buy the brand new one for $800 on eBay. Hopefully ebay has those 20% order codes on Black Friday so I could get a $100 off. Then a month from now I will get a second one off Mandarake just because gatanozoa looks so god damn beautiful and I need it displayed

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Seems like a waste of money and space to me but it's your collection, I guess.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
Mandy = Mandarake
LMAO Mandarake only have two used. I’m a hardcore collecter I usually have two of everything ( one in mint condition/sealed/tag attached) and the second is usually for pose, out of the box/pose or whatever. So I guess I will buy the brand new one for $800 on eBay. Hopefully ebay has those 20% order codes on Black Friday so I could get a $100 off. Then a month from now I will get a second one off Mandarake just because gatanozoa looks so god damn beautiful and I need it displayed
As much of a (once) hardcore collector of this line I was. I had a hard time justifying its MSRP, so I skipped it.

From one to another, just get the one off Mandarake and pay attention to condition and "what's wrong with it" box. Usually, they are fine. I once snagged a Bandai Arch Belail for like 16 bucks. Was paint scuffed to hell and a bit of Tamiya paint thinner on a q-tip and it washed right off. Good as new. Only time something came in a "weird" condition.

What you can do with the price gap between 800 and ~330 is monolithic (Going by the more, "complete" looking one from Complex location" Sahra's is missing parts). Save your cash, go buy half of new PC with the extra change lol. At least that's what I would do.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.