Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by godzilla1541 »

https://instagram.com/p/Bpxb5Ohno9I/ Instagram gallery of my NECA 84 Godzilla 3.0. Because I’m too lazy to make a video gallery. Beefed up the chest, lower legs, cleaned up the spines removing excess hot glue, and swapped the wire tail and feet with the 94 Godzillas feet. And fully repainted the entire figure.
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

godzilla1541 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/Bpxb5Ohno9I/ Instagram gallery of my NECA 84 Godzilla 3.0. Because I’m too lazy to make a video gallery. Beefed up the chest, lower legs, cleaned up the spines removing excess hot glue, and swapped the wire tail and feet with the 94 Godzillas feet. And fully repainted the entire figure.
Seems like you've taken my advice, judging by this and the Gamera figure you recently did. Glad to see it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Maritonic wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/Bpxb5Ohno9I/ Instagram gallery of my NECA 84 Godzilla 3.0. Because I’m too lazy to make a video gallery. Beefed up the chest, lower legs, cleaned up the spines removing excess hot glue, and swapped the wire tail and feet with the 94 Godzillas feet. And fully repainted the entire figure.
Seems like you've taken my advice, judging by this and the Gamera figure you recently did. Glad to see it.
yeah I’ve been really slowing down. Gamera took about a month to complete as I was really trying to get it right(there are still some gaps like in his feet and elbows but they are more unnoticeable now). And 84 took a couple of days, as I already had everything basically done I just had to clean everything up. The only thing I can complete relativity quickly are the repaints which can be completeed in 11 hours or so.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
yeah I’ve been really slowing down. Gamera took about a month to complete as I was really trying to get it right(there are still some gaps like in his feet and elbows but they are more unnoticeable now). And 84 took a couple of days, as I already had everything basically done I just had to clean everything up. The only thing I can complete relativity quickly are the repaints which can be completeed in 11 hours or so.
They both look good. Keep it up.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Hopefully you can actually see the images. Recently repainted/ retooled my Neca GMK goji. His arm snapped off during repainting due to a fall so I have to glue that back on. Hers some comparison shots with my original repaint. ImageImageImageImage

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That snarl paintover worked numbers. If NECA’s looked like that, I wouldn’t have sold mine.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

UltramanGoji wrote:That snarl paintover worked numbers. If NECA’s looked like that, I wouldn’t have sold mine.
Oh I didn’t paint over it. I completely removed segments of the teeth block (they are a separate peice) to make them sit higher in the mouth. Then I took out the jaw hinge, cut it back and put a balljoint on it to actually make the jaw it look and move like it should. It looks so much better now I was pretty content with it until I got the SH literally the next day.

The Human Pizza
Ronin

Post by The Human Pizza »

My custom Bandai Godzilla '73. Made from a Godzilla '74;

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QU51 ... 442447.jpg

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Added in 23 hours 1 minute 56 seconds:
Finished my custom gamera here’s the video gallery!

Added in 11 hours 56 minutes 53 seconds:
Custom Bandai Iris is now complete
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I want to make a Dogora figure since there doesn't seem to be one to scale with 6 inch vinyls. Any suggestions on how to do such a thing?

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Whatever happened to that one dude who made a custom super godzilla? I would love to see more of his work.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I want to make a Dogora figure since there doesn't seem to be one to scale with 6 inch vinyls. Any suggestions on how to do such a thing?
Not a clue, but very curious how one would do so because I might even try one. I love Dogora.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Maritonic wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I want to make a Dogora figure since there doesn't seem to be one to scale with 6 inch vinyls. Any suggestions on how to do such a thing?
Not a clue, but very curious how one would do so because I might even try one. I love Dogora.
Make a one time sculpt, then make a mold, then use clear sculpey and bake. For dogora, I would do the arms seperately and glue them on.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Make a one time sculpt, then make a mold, then use clear sculpey and bake.
hahah wouldn't even know how to remotely do this.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Maritonic wrote:
Hot glue will work just fine. You need something to shape it with and cover that with parchment paper so you can easily peel it off. A thin yet consistent layer will work so everything stays flat and smooth. Hot glue will give it some flexibility while also keeping it semi translucent
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Do not use hot glue. It's messy and it takes someone with an immense amount of skill to shape it in any way that looks presentable.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I'm not sure what I'd use for the body, but I'd want his tentacles to be some kind of bendy wire.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not sure what I'd use for the body, but I'd want his tentacles to be some kind of bendy wire.
This tutorial for Carnage tendrils could work. You can buy a blue color of the material they use or paint them a lighter shade if you want:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... drils.html

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

UltramanGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not sure what I'd use for the body, but I'd want his tentacles to be some kind of bendy wire.
This tutorial for Carnage tendrils could work. You can buy a blue color of the material they use or paint them a lighter shade if you want:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... drils.html
Huh. That's actually pretty damn cool. Only issue is I need to make a body as well, and I'm completely stumped on that one.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Easy https://youtu.be/qrszhE7Zdi8
^this technic is what I used for iris
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.