Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5364
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game.


No, other way around like I said. Heisei MG was the last-minute copy.


That’s nothing compared the fact they did not give him his proper roar.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:11 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game.


No, other way around like I said. Heisei MG was the last-minute copy.

Well, from an ability standpoint, yes. But in all 3 games, Mechagodzilla 2 had the abilities of Showa Mechagodzilla. In the first two games in the trilogy, This was because Mechagodzilla 2 was built by the Vortakk. In Unleashed, however, he was built by the EDF as a replica of the Vortakk Mechagodzilla. So he was unchanged throughout all three games. So in the first two games, he basically took the role of the Showa Mechagodzilla. But only Unleashed had the actual Showa Mechagodzilla, but it was mostly a reskin of the Mechagodzilla from the previous two games. So technically, the Showa Mechagodzilla was the re-skin/copy.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

User avatar
SuperPawnageGigan
Interpol Agent
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Xiliens Lair

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby SuperPawnageGigan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am

How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii. Pick destroyah and spam his horn laser and win. Destroyah is broken in the wii version of unleashed.
8-BIT MADNESS
Image
2 Friends having a good time.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Maritonic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii.


Q: How to win in Godzilla: Unleashed

A: Git gud.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3406
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Maritonic wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii.


Q: How to win in Godzilla: Unleashed

A: Git gud.


Pretty sure you just use the requisite cheat code, play as your favourite kaiju for half an hour, then go back to Save the Earth.
Image

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5558
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Godzillian » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii.


Q: How to win in Godzilla: Unleashed

A: Git gud.


Pretty sure you just use the requisite cheat code, play as your favourite kaiju for half an hour, then go back to Save the Earth.

Basically what I ended up doing. Used a cheat to unlock all the monsters, played it for a few days, then went back to halo 3 and COD4 to nurse my disappointment
Image

User avatar
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby GojiDude95 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Oh boy where to begin.....Unleashed; Yall already said everything there is to say. The one negative thing I wanna say about the trilogy is that it gave G-fans the mentality that a Godzilla game MUST be in the fighting style of these games otherwise it's trash and that grinds my gears. That's not to say I hate these games. I loved DAMM but sadly never played the other two.

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:30 am

GojiDude95 wrote:Oh boy where to begin.....Unleashed; Yall already said everything there is to say. The one negative thing I wanna say about the trilogy is that it gave G-fans the mentality that a Godzilla game MUST be in the fighting style of these games otherwise it's trash and that grinds my gears. That's not to say I hate these games. I loved DAMM but sadly never played the other two.

I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:39 am

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.


I can't speak for everyone, but definitely not for me.

Even looking at it as the game it was trying to be, it still failed in most aspects.

But that's a discussion for another thread.
Image

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:58 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.


I can't speak for everyone, but definitely not for me.

Even looking at it as the game it was trying to be, it still failed in most aspects.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 am

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?


Not at all. That's your opinion. One I happen to share as well. Even if the PS4 game controls awkwardly and can get tedious, it's still better controlled and more engaging than Unleashed.
Image

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?


Not at all. That's your opinion. One I happen to share as well. Even if the PS4 game controls awkwardly and can get tedious, it's still better controlled and more engaging than Unleashed.

Agreed. The only advantages I would say Unleashed has is it's character roster and it's local multiplayer function. But then Unleashed doesn't have an online mode, either.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

User avatar
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby GojiDude95 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:56 am

I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.

User avatar
UltimateDitto
Futurian
Posts: 1696
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby UltimateDitto » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 am

GojiDude95 wrote:I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.

Eh, some monsters like Anguirus, Rodan, and Baragon look fairly accurate, but guys like Destoroyah, Varan,
and Godzilla 90's, aren't exactly movie accurate.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:49 am

UltimateDitto wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.

Eh, some monsters like Anguirus, Rodan, and Baragon look fairly accurate, but guys like Destoroyah, Varan,
and Godzilla 90's, aren't exactly movie accurate.


He’s talking about the PS4 game not Unleashed.
Image

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3406
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am

Is the PS2 version of Unleashed worth a play? I can get it for my emulator. I hated the wii version, but I always have fun with STE, which is basically what PS2 Unleashed is.
Image

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5558
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Godzillian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am

KaijuCanuck wrote:Is the PS2 version of Unleashed worth a play? I can get it for my emulator. I hated the wii version, but I always have fun with STE, which is basically what PS2 Unleashed is.

Nah, it's pretty trash and a clear step backwards from STE
Image

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2980
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby LamangoKaijura » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 pm

The glitches in Unleashed for Wii.
Image

User avatar
godzilla98rules
Futurian
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby godzilla98rules » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Destroy All Monsters Melee:

I really don't have anything negative to say about DAMM in general since I always found it to be a great game, but as a kid, it always annoyed me that my (at the time) favorite Mechagodzilla, Kiryu, was only available on the Xbox and not the Gamecube (which was the version I got).

Save The Earth:

Pretty much the only problem I had with this game was that the AI was too "dumb" on easy mode. Fighting games are not my thing (I'm an FPS-type person) so I almost always play on easy mode. In DAMM, the AI on easy mode would at times be a bit difficult depending on the monster you're fighting or the monster you're playing as. In STE, the AI would most of the time just stand there and block, only occasionally trying to fight back.

Unleashed:

I'm currently playing this off and on, which is sad to say. This game was fun at first, but it got repetitive very quickly. I also find it annoying that unlocking monsters in this game is such a chore when comparing this to the previous games.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image
R.I.P. George Root III

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 am

godzilla98rules wrote:Unleashed:

I'm currently playing this off and on, which is sad to say. This game was fun at first, but it got repetitive very quickly. I also find it annoying that unlocking monsters in this game is such a chore when comparing this to the previous games.

That's what the cheat codes are for haha.

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
LamangoKaijura wrote:The glitches in Unleashed for Wii.

No, dude. The glitches are the best part of that game.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests