Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game.
No, other way around like I said. Heisei MG was the last-minute copy.
That’s nothing compared the fact they did not give him his proper roar.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game.
No, other way around like I said. Heisei MG was the last-minute copy.
Well, from an ability standpoint, yes. But in all 3 games, Mechagodzilla 2 had the abilities of Showa Mechagodzilla. In the first two games in the trilogy, This was because Mechagodzilla 2 was built by the Vortakk. In Unleashed, however, he was built by the EDF as a replica of the Vortakk Mechagodzilla. So he was unchanged throughout all three games. So in the first two games, he basically took the role of the Showa Mechagodzilla. But only Unleashed had the actual Showa Mechagodzilla, but it was mostly a reskin of the Mechagodzilla from the previous two games. So technically, the Showa Mechagodzilla was the re-skin/copy.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii. Pick destroyah and spam his horn laser and win. Destroyah is broken in the wii version of unleashed.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:How to win in Godzilla unleashed for the Wii.
Q: How to win in Godzilla: Unleashed

A: Git gud.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:

Pretty sure you just use the requisite cheat code, play as your favourite kaiju for half an hour, then go back to Save the Earth.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Pretty sure you just use the requisite cheat code, play as your favourite kaiju for half an hour, then go back to Save the Earth.
Basically what I ended up doing. Used a cheat to unlock all the monsters, played it for a few days, then went back to halo 3 and COD4 to nurse my disappointment

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Oh boy where to begin.....Unleashed; Yall already said everything there is to say. The one negative thing I wanna say about the trilogy is that it gave G-fans the mentality that a Godzilla game MUST be in the fighting style of these games otherwise it's trash and that grinds my gears. That's not to say I hate these games. I loved DAMM but sadly never played the other two.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

GojiDude95 wrote:Oh boy where to begin.....Unleashed; Yall already said everything there is to say. The one negative thing I wanna say about the trilogy is that it gave G-fans the mentality that a Godzilla game MUST be in the fighting style of these games otherwise it's trash and that grinds my gears. That's not to say I hate these games. I loved DAMM but sadly never played the other two.
I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.
-Dr. Asimov

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojirawars 03 wrote: I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.
I can't speak for everyone, but definitely not for me.

Even looking at it as the game it was trying to be, it still failed in most aspects.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: I think that played a huge factor in the hate that the PS4 game got.
I can't speak for everyone, but definitely not for me.

Even looking at it as the game it was trying to be, it still failed in most aspects.

But that's a discussion for another thread.
Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?
-Dr. Asimov

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojirawars 03 wrote: Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?
Not at all. That's your opinion. One I happen to share as well. Even if the PS4 game controls awkwardly and can get tedious, it's still better controlled and more engaging than Unleashed.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: Indeed. I still actually prefer PS4 over Unleashed though. I don't think that's weird. Is that weird?
Not at all. That's your opinion. One I happen to share as well. Even if the PS4 game controls awkwardly and can get tedious, it's still better controlled and more engaging than Unleashed.
Agreed. The only advantages I would say Unleashed has is it's character roster and it's local multiplayer function. But then Unleashed doesn't have an online mode, either.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GojiDude95 wrote:I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.
Eh, some monsters like Anguirus, Rodan, and Baragon look fairly accurate, but guys like Destoroyah, Varan,
and Godzilla 90's, aren't exactly movie accurate.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

UltimateDitto wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:I understand the reasons for not liking it. The game becomes a chore to play sometimes I ain't denying that but I freaking love that the stayed true to the movie designs and the sound effects of all the kaiju were accurate! I did dislike the soundtrack though.
Eh, some monsters like Anguirus, Rodan, and Baragon look fairly accurate, but guys like Destoroyah, Varan,
and Godzilla 90's, aren't exactly movie accurate.
He’s talking about the PS4 game not Unleashed.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Is the PS2 version of Unleashed worth a play? I can get it for my emulator. I hated the wii version, but I always have fun with STE, which is basically what PS2 Unleashed is.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Is the PS2 version of Unleashed worth a play? I can get it for my emulator. I hated the wii version, but I always have fun with STE, which is basically what PS2 Unleashed is.
Nah, it's pretty trash and a clear step backwards from STE

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The glitches in Unleashed for Wii.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Destroy All Monsters Melee:

I really don't have anything negative to say about DAMM in general since I always found it to be a great game, but as a kid, it always annoyed me that my (at the time) favorite Mechagodzilla, Kiryu, was only available on the Xbox and not the Gamecube (which was the version I got).

Save The Earth:

Pretty much the only problem I had with this game was that the AI was too "dumb" on easy mode. Fighting games are not my thing (I'm an FPS-type person) so I almost always play on easy mode. In DAMM, the AI on easy mode would at times be a bit difficult depending on the monster you're fighting or the monster you're playing as. In STE, the AI would most of the time just stand there and block, only occasionally trying to fight back.

Unleashed:

I'm currently playing this off and on, which is sad to say. This game was fun at first, but it got repetitive very quickly. I also find it annoying that unlocking monsters in this game is such a chore when comparing this to the previous games.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

godzilla98rules wrote: Unleashed:

I'm currently playing this off and on, which is sad to say. This game was fun at first, but it got repetitive very quickly. I also find it annoying that unlocking monsters in this game is such a chore when comparing this to the previous games.
That's what the cheat codes are for haha.

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
LamangoKaijura wrote:The glitches in Unleashed for Wii.
No, dude. The glitches are the best part of that game.
-Dr. Asimov