Official "Toho-On-TV" Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official "Toho-On-TV" Thread

Post by szmigiel »

Comet is still running Monster Summer which has been showing many of the Showa films. On Sunday September 2nd they are playing Battle in Outer Space at 6pm and Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II at 8pm. Then on Labor day at 10am they are showing the Heisei films starting with Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah through Godzilla Vs Destoroyah and then Godzilla Vs Megaguirus

Added in 6 days 1 hour 41 minutes 26 seconds:
On Saturday September 8th Comet is showing Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II at 10AM, then starting at 2PM they are showing the Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy.
Monster Summer is over so no more Godzilla films at 8PM on Sunday. Although they are showing Q at 8PM on the 9th

Added in 7 days 8 hours 41 minutes 22 seconds:
Looks like Saturdays in September are going to be Godzilla Double features starting at 2pm EST. Saturday the 14th is Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla followed by Godzilla Vs Megaguirus. Then Sunday is some sort of Mothra marathon starting at 10:30 and going to 10PM

Also Saturday the 14th Svengoolie is showing Rodan.

Added in 5 days 20 hours 28 minutes 15 seconds:
Mothra Movies continue on Comet at 4pm starting Monday September 17th and going through Friday the 21st.
On Saturday the 22nd they are Showing GVKG and GVD starting at 1PM
Also TCM is showing Mothra 1962 on Monday September 17th at 3:30AM

Added in 8 days 3 hours 2 minutes 8 seconds:
Comet is ending the month of September with Godzilla films at 10AM Mon-Fri of the 24th-28th, showing Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II, Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla, Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah, Godzilla Vs Destoroyah, and Godzilla Vs Megaguirus.

Also Battle in Outer Space is showing 4pm on Thursday the 27th.

On Saturday the 29th at 1pm is the Godzilla Double Feature with Godzilla Vs Mothra and GMK
Then Sunday the 30th is another all day Marathon starting at 9:30 with the 3 Rebirth of Mothra films, Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah, then Godzilla Vs Destoroyah.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Apparently, IFC will be playing kaiju films sporadically throughout the month. Today, they played War of the Gargantuas (will be reshown at 3:30 am) and next week will be Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster. The following Sunday will be both Son of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla, King of the Monsters. The Monday afterwards will be Godzilla Raids Again. Tuesday will be Godzilla (1954). Halloween will have both Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla playing back to back.

Each film starts at 7:00am, but will be shown later in the early morning of the next day. Set your DVRs.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

:shock:

SoG and the original GvsMG on a channel I actually have? Clearly the sad attempts at pumpkin patches my mom tried to grow a few years ago were more sincere than I'd realized, for the Great Pumpkin is giving me a heck of a gift this year. :lol: I haven't seen either of those in over a decade.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

This IFC Godzilla thing they're doing is L I T. I'm higher than hell, Gojira's on right now, watched Son of Godzilla the night before (they played the Japanese version!)
Pretty sure Destroy All Monsters is coming on next week, then Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. Wonder if they'll be the original versions also?

IMO, this beats the pants off El Ray's Godzilla marathon :lol:

Added in 1 day 19 hours 42 minutes 41 seconds:
Ah man, looks like I was wrong, DAM is on tonight, and it's also in its original Japanese form
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:This IFC Godzilla thing they're doing is L I T. I'm higher than hell, Gojira's on right now, watched Son of Godzilla the night before (they played the Japanese version!)
Pretty sure Destroy All Monsters is coming on next week, then Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. Wonder if they'll be the original versions also?

IMO, this beats the pants off El Ray's Godzilla marathon :lol:

Added in 1 day 19 hours 42 minutes 41 seconds:
Ah man, looks like I was wrong, DAM is on tonight, and it's also in its original Japanese form
I knew I wasn't the only one who liked to smoke weed and watch Godzilla movies. :lol:

It's nice to hear IFC is playing the original Japanese versions. I remember when you were lucky if they played them English dubbed on the Sci-Fi channel.

Now, I don't have any cable tv. It's too expensive, I just stream or use physical media now. I have all the Godzilla movies on DVD or Blu-Ray anyway, so there is not much point to watch them on cable.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Even though I don't have El Rey anymore myself, they are still doing their Christmas Marathon again this year, starting on Saturday 12/22 at 6AM and ending Wednesday 12/26 at 6AM. They are showing all Heisei movies from 91 GvKG till the end of the Millennium, plus the 98 TriStar film and Cloverfield.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Awesome Marathon I like the fact that El Rey does this.

monintoho
Ronin

Re: The El Rey Network

Post by monintoho »

GojirO wrote:check every cable service, satellite service, CHECK EVERYTHING O_O

Check it all! We must see this channel!!!

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

If you've got yourself a source for satrips from Japan, you might be interested in Nihon Eiga's broadcasts of the Toho Champion Festival edits, which started the other day with a lovely new remaster of Mothra Vs. Godzilla.

https://www.nihon-eiga.com/osusume/godzilla_tc/

Other titles, with premiere date:

Invasion of Astro-Monster: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 21:00
Sea Monster: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 21:00
Son Of Godzilla: Wednesday 10th April 2019 21:00

The next two, DAM and G:TTHM, air in May, but there's no date yet. KKvsG is coming in June, along with a re-broadcast of the 4k remaster of the complete film.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

So after a long dry spell Godzilla returns to OTA TV, Movies is playing GvM, GvD, and GXMG on May 4th starting at Noon EST, and May 10th starting at 6AM EST.

Hopefully as we near the release of the new film and after we will see more G movies returning to OTA and cable.
Last edited by szmigiel on Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

King of the Monsters TV spot last night, so there's that.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:King of the Monsters TV spot last night, so there's that.
That's not really what this thread is for.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:King of the Monsters TV spot last night, so there's that.
That's not really what this thread is for.
J o k e

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pretty odd thing to joke about.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

When checking through TCM films this May I noticed that "Princess From the Moon" 1987 will be playing May 6th at 2AM (EDT) Sunday Night/Monday Morning. I have set the DVR.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

IFC has the original King of the Monsters on tonight at 2:45am Eastern and again at 4:45.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Comet TV is showing Gorath again on Sat June 8th at 10AM Eastern time.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Hiroshi Teshigahara double feature tonight on TCM. Pitfall at 2 AM and The Face of Another at 3:45. I haven’t seen Pitfall but the latter is very much worth checking out.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

With a long drought of Godzilla on OTA TV, Comet TV is doing a Godzilla Marathon Starting Labor Day.
All Times EDT

Sep 2 Mon
10AM- Godzilla King of the Monsters 1956 Raymond Burr
12PM- Invasion of the Astro-Monster
2PM- Son of Godzilla
4PM- Destroy All Monsters
6PM- Godzilla Vs Megalon
8PM- Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla 1974
10PM- Terror of Mechagodzilla 1975
12AM- War of the Gargantuas
2AM- Gojira (1954)

Sep 5th Thu
10AM- Godzilla Vs Megalon
12AM- Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla 1974
2PM- Terror of Mechagodzilla 1975
4PM- War of the Gargantuas

Sep 7th Sat
2PM- Godzilla King of the Monsters 1956 Raymond Burr
4PM- Invasion of the Astro-Monster

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Kurosawa’s Throne of Blood on TCM tonight at 9:45. Preceded by Rashomon (Daiei) at 8.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.