Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
UltramanGoji

Re: Official News topic

Post by UltramanGoji »

Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Maritonic wrote:Think I misspoke; White House is incorrect, but one was sent to CNN.
White House "device" was reported, then retracted.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Two more devices. Brings the total now to 12.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It doesn't help that the ads are literally calling this "The vote for America's future"; they're building this election up to be the apocalyptic war over the direction of the country for all-time. (As if the country won't just change directions with each presidential election the way it nearly always does). This partisanship is reaching an unsustainable fever-pitch, and bringing out the crazies... or perhaps they aren't crazy. They're just the only ones talking the insanity of our current political discourse to its logical conclusion; if there's no point in dialogue or discourse and the other side is purely evil, then shutting them up my any means possible is the only 'rational' course of action.

That insane proposition is basically the future we're building for ourselves; the outgrowth of this incessant vilifying and vitriol. And, yeah- sadly, while the left wages its wars with words and walkouts, the right tends to contain all the firearm enthusiasts. So, when the left-extremist come out, they go Orwellian... but when the right-extremists come out, they go Kaczynski.*

Either way, we have to find a way to stop feeding the cultural trolls; to get the extremists to go back to their hidey-holes and shadows, instead of sounding the battle-cry that has each of them spurred to action. Politics in America can't be war anymore, because this war is producing actual soldiers and actual casualties.

We need to find a way to talk to each-other again. And we need it badly.

*Also, I got my names mixed up; I googled 'McVeigh,' found out I had the wrong historical figure, and googled 'unabomber' immediately after that to get the right name, so I am guaranteed on some FBI watch-list now...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Update: They have arrested someone in connection to the packages.

Added in 4 minutes 51 seconds:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/su ... da-n924776

Added in 1 hour 51 minutes :

Photo of the suspect's van.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^Wow, thats like the equivalent of the Riddler covering his secret hideout in question marks.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

...Which he would almost certainly do.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Way to make conservatives look good sport. -_-
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Just... just stop. Please.

The exceptions we make ourselves in recognizing the humanity of other people. For politics, religion, skin color. The 'enemy' that we allow ourselves to think doesn't deserve dignity, doesn't deserve courtesy; doesn't deserve to be treated the same as we are.

It needs to end.

...Sorry, this is just; more and more, it feels like the world's falling apart- and the response to every tragedy is to re-draw the party-lines darker, more indelibly; to double-down on the hate and division that led to such a tragedy in the first place, to point fingers and assign blame; to splinter and fanctionalize further, and each find out little groups to hate. And I don't see any way to shift the momentum of this lumbering cultural juggernaut; to wake everyone up to what they're doing every day- the environment we create when we decide to relate to our 'opponents' the way that we do in every day matters. Because this- this is what that ugliness grows into. It's just... a little overwhelming sometimes.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

We NEED someone that can bring us together. That can unite us and rid us of the rhetoric. Someone that can carry truth in one hand and forgiveness in the other. Whom is stronger than us in the face of adversity and who will lead us toward the best path to move foward. I believe a leader
walks in front of everyone and leads by example... To be the one who destroys any obstacles and paves the way for everyone else.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

A cursory glance at his social medial reveals some...interesting things:

What a swell individual. Clearly, his actions are motivated solely by economic anxiety and absolutely were NOT xenophobic/antisemetic at all, amiright people?
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last edited by G2000 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Today marks 100 years since the end of World War 1. World leaders have gathered in Paris to hear an excellent speech from French president Emanuel Macron about the tragedy of the war, and the need for international peace and cooperation.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Stormy Daniels' lawyer and currently under investigation by the DOJ for lying to Congress during the Kavanaugh confirmation process, Micheal Avenatti arrested for felony domestic violence by the LAPD...

https://apnews.com/a75d5e0924764ba59024806d0ce2977f

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Last edited by Noble Saber on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Russian and Ukrainian naval vessels exchange fire in Azov Sea

This is pretty fucking bad. This morning the Ukranian navy attempted to challenge the ongoing Russian blockade of the Azov sea and the Russians rammed a Ukrainian tugboat. This is a significant escalation, the first time Russian and Ukranian forces have directly and openly fought each other since the crisis began in 2014.

EDIT: Reuters picking it up now
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This is interesting.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »