Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Godzillian »

Petezilla wrote:^ Especially in the 1,700 JPY / 6" scale. I'd be less concerned if they'd release it under the "Master Detail" subline like MG'18. I smell a quite shitty release here, but I'm hopefully proven wrong.
I almost wish the "Master Detail" Mechag was a normal 6 inch scale since its details in no way make it a premium figure or worth the price tag

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Dramorg wrote:So how do we know the Gidorah figure is still a thing? The movie is coming soon and the website I saw it listed on, took it down.
You know, you're right. Bandai never did actually confirm it, and no site besides that ONE (which did look like a backwater site) has it listed.

I'm only assuming they'll make a Ghidorah, since Mechagodzilla got a figure, and he wasn't even in the movie he was advertised for. We at least know Ghidorah is actually in the movie in some way.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

We'll get some sort of Ghidorah merch, I'm sure. I don't know about a full fledged figure, though.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

That kind of sucks. I really like this new design, and at some point in the movie (judging by the trailer) he does have a body, wings, and two tails. Maybe we'll get that form of him.

(The shot I'm talking about is at the 0:40 second mark in the trailer)

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

godzilla1541 wrote:HLJ has listings for a new MMS Mogera and SPACEGODZILLA. Hopefully this means new space Godzilla mold like Destroyah
Oh hell yeah. Been wanting to get these guys but I nearly always forget to check for them when I go on eBay.
Also this may be a bit of a stretch, but what would be the chance of them reissuing one of the Memorial Box Godzilla figures again? They did it with Godzilla 1968 in 2007 and Godzilla 2000 in 2016. I would love to get the 1964 or 1955 Godzilla they did for the set without having to spend $100+ on it.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

ArchdukeCaligula wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:HLJ has listings for a new MMS Mogera and SPACEGODZILLA. Hopefully this means new space Godzilla mold like Destroyah
Oh hell yeah. Been wanting to get these guys but I nearly always forget to check for them when I go on eBay.
Also this may be a bit of a stretch, but what would be the chance of them reissuing one of the Memorial Box Godzilla figures again? They did it with Godzilla 1968 in 2007 and Godzilla 2000 in 2016. I would love to get the 1964 or 1955 Godzilla they did for the set without having to spend $100+ on it.
A weak chance at best considering those figures have been out for over 10 years and haven't gotten a reissue outside of 68, 75, and 55 (two of those being in exclusive sets).

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

‘84 also got a very limited black and silver “DVD” reissues

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

canofhumdingers wrote:‘84 also got a very limited black and silver “DVD” reissues
Right, but this one is like really impossible to get your hands on since there were only 100 made.
Size DOES matter!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

bottom line memorial box exclusive figures have a low at best chance of getting reissued in the MMS line. Not that it's a bad thing tbh. They were made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Godzilla, a literally one time only event. Let me stay as special one of a kind figures.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I agree. I paid $75 for the Godzilla 1955 figure, and I'd be pissed if they re-released him into the MMS line for $15.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I mean, it's not like they'd be 1:1 re-releases of the Memorial Box figures if they were put out again. The Memorial Box figures would have their unique greenish colorations and the new ones would likely be more gray like the 1968 figure.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I guess you're right. I kind of overreacted there.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

pics of Spacegodzilla and Mogera are out, they're the same molds they've put out before (no surprise there)
Last edited by Godzillian on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:pics of Spacegodzilla and Mogera are out, they're the same molds they've put out before (no surprise there)
Post em, I’d like to take a look.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Though Spacegodzilla got a better paint job than the old or the BC version imo.
The only complaint about his mold I heard was the space between his crystals on the back. And his back isn't visible on the picture. It's very unlikely that Bandai remolded him but we still can't be quite sure till we get more pics.
Last edited by Dyrakro on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

He looks fantastic. No quarrels from me about the back gap; I don’t display these figures from the back anyway.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I wish they'd re-release Godzilla Junior, that's like the last one I need to finish off my collection. I just don't want to drop more than "retail" for him, I don't care much for the mold but it'd be good to have.
:gigan:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Anybody know what happened to Showcase Daikaiju? The entire Bandai vinyl section has been unavailable since G-Fest, and it still has the message "We Will be Attending G-Fest in Chicago the Week of July 9th and will be on Vacation after that. Inventory will be back online soon, thanks for your patience!"

It's November now.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Where is the anime Ghidorah vinyl you promise Bandai?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Anybody know what happened to Showcase Daikaiju? The entire Bandai vinyl section has been unavailable since G-Fest, and it still has the message "We Will be Attending G-Fest in Chicago the Week of July 9th and will be on Vacation after that. Inventory will be back online soon, thanks for your patience!"

It's November now.
Try emailing Sean to see if he responds.