Godzilla on Vinyl Records.

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
TheSecondComing
Futurian

Godzilla on Vinyl Records.

Post by TheSecondComing »

I got curious about if anybody owns, collects or generally knows anything about Godzilla as he exists on vinyl records.

I don't but became curious on seeing something entirely new to me, a radio promo record for Gigantis the Fire Monster. It's on ebay and the fellow wants $350 for it which is beyond my ability atm, but it definitely piqued my curiosity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-GODZILLA-M ... SwHsRYDQ4O

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla on Vinyl Records.

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

There was a pressing of the 1954 soundtrack in like 2014 that was supposed to be pretty good. There are also rare green vinyl pressings of Godzilla: The Album. I haven't got either one, but I might spring for the vinyl pressing of the Shin Godzilla soundtrack that's supposed to be happening.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

TheSecondComing wrote:I got curious about if anybody owns, collects or generally knows anything about Godzilla as he exists on vinyl records.
I highly recommend the website GodzillaMonsterMusic.com. Although the vast majority of the site is focused on CD releases, you'll find a lot of answers there.

GodzillaFan1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan1996 »

G1985 wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:I got curious about if anybody owns, collects or generally knows anything about Godzilla as he exists on vinyl records.
I highly recommend the website GodzillaMonsterMusic.com. Although the vast majority of the site is focused on CD releases, you'll find a lot of answers there.
I remember that site from when I first visited it seven years ago! I can't believe the site is still up!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

I have the 2014 European pressing of the '54 soundtrack and the recent Japanese reissue of KKvsG. Definitely worthwhile purchases!

Beyond that, I know there have been many vinyl releases over the years. The Perfect Soundtrack Collection contains CD versions of Ifukube compilations that were released in the 60s and 70s.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

You can find the soundtrack for The Return of Godzilla on Vinyl if you search on eBay. It won't be the full soundtrack, just enough to fit on 35 minutes altogether. Also, there was apparently a vinyl version of The Return of Godzilla audio. Not the soundtrack, but the actual audio from the movie. What's peculiar about this is not only that they put the entire audio on vinyl, but also that it contains the mono "b mix" effects, including the famous scream in the volcano. SpaceHunterM has a download of The Return of Godzilla with the theatrical, English international, and vinyl version. I highly suggest downloading it, as its only about 2 gigabytes in 480p. Here's the link I case anyone wants to check it out.

http://kungfukaiju.tumblr.com/post/1441 ... zilla-1985

This site also has the link to SHM's copy of Godzilla 1985 with the laserdisc audio, which I thought was cool. But, anyways, I definitely recommend listening to the vinyl audio. In my opinion, it sounds better than the Blu-Ray.

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

I own quite a few of the Japanese soundtrack releases on vinyl. This includes some of the compilation LPs as well. I LOVE listening to them through my vintage system. I also have some of the Kurosawa soundtracks on vinyl. They are generally pretty pricey on both eBay and in record stores in Japan but if you are patient, there are deals out there from time to time. One thing that I find remarkable is that almost every used Japanese LP I have purchased sound brand new. It is always nice when people take care of their records.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

In case you haven't heard, The Cheddar Brothers are releasing a limited run of the soundtrack to Godzilla vs. Megalon. Current printing is limited to 100 copies, but there will be another run of about 300 or so in the near future. The releases come with a pewter pin and stickers.

It's only $25, too!

Got their Smog Monster release earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised. It includes the English version of Save The Earth as a bonus track at the end!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

goji1986 wrote:In case you haven't heard, The Cheddar Brothers are releasing a limited run of the soundtrack to Godzilla vs. Megalon. Current printing is limited to 100 copies, but there will be another run of about 300 or so in the near future. The releases come with a pewter pin and stickers.

It's only $25, too!

Got their Smog Monster release earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised. It includes the English version of Save The Earth as a bonus track at the end!
I was thinking of picking up Smog Monster; I still might if there are copies left. Is it the complete score, or just an album's worth of highlights?
MechaMinya wrote:I own quite a few of the Japanese soundtrack releases on vinyl. This includes some of the compilation LPs as well. I LOVE listening to them through my vintage system. I also have some of the Kurosawa soundtracks on vinyl. They are generally pretty pricey on both eBay and in record stores in Japan but if you are patient, there are deals out there from time to time. One thing that I find remarkable is that almost every used Japanese LP I have purchased sound brand new. It is always nice when people take care of their records.
There was a guy at G-Fest in 2017 with several Japanese soundtrack LPs, including some of the compilations. I passed those up for what turned out to be audio drama digest versions of the first three movies, which is neat but of little interest to me as I own the movies and understand only a little Japanese. That said, though, like you mentioned, it was in great shape and sounded terrific.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

This baby just came in and I love it!

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Got my copy too! Very pleased with the sound quality and the release over all. It's worth noting that the playback is 33 1/3 RPM unlike Smog Monster, which plays back at 45 RPM.
omgitsgodzilla wrote: I was thinking of picking up Smog Monster; I still might if there are copies left. Is it the complete score, or just an album's worth of highlights?
I went back and listened to it (hence the delay in response) and it's got much of the score, but not everything. Like I said above, it's a 45 RPM disc, so it definitely is not a long listen. But from what I could tell, all the important cues are there.

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

They also have their KING KONG ESCAPES on vinyl. It comes with a MechaniKong pin. My dream would be that they press vinyl editions of GODZILLA'S REVENGE and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS. A Minya pin would be cool too.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaMinya wrote:They also have their KING KONG ESCAPES on vinyl. It comes with a MechaniKong pin. My dream would be that they press vinyl editions of GODZILLA'S REVENGE and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS. A Minya pin would be cool too.
They might; they do a lot of cool stuff.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

In December I actually found the original Japanese LP of The Return of Godzilla from a Finnish music store! :D

Besides that, I also own the GNP Crescendo Godzilla compilations, G2014 and Seven Samurai (just thought I'd mention it too) on vinyl.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

I recently picked up a copy of the story soundtrack of GAMERA VS ZIGRA on eBay for a decent price. While it is pretty much dialogue and SFX sound effects pulled from t the film's audio mix, it does feature the title songs in stereo. The vinyl is in excellent shape and the gatefold is very colorful..

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Update: A friend of mine found the G54 soundtrack LP released by Death Waltz Recording Co. for me. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

This just in...

Dot Records, an Italian label of some dubious repuatation, has released KKvsG on vinyl. It is readily available via Amazon USA.

BabyG1975
Ronin

Post by BabyG1975 »

I tried the GodzillaMonsterMusic.com link and it didn't work is it still up? Also is there a list somewhere else I could use?
"Listen kid... Theirs two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other Godzilla"- Captain Gordon Godzilla Final Wars

heiseigodzilla425
GPN Volunteer

Post by heiseigodzilla425 »

It works for me. Maybe try this link?

http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/godzilla.htm

BabyG1975
Ronin

Post by BabyG1975 »

Ok so question... What Godzilla LPs made for and distributed in the US are their

I know of

Godzilla The Album (1998)
Godzilla Original Movie Soundtrack (2014)
The Best of Godzilla (1954-1975)
The Best of Godzilla (1985-1995)
Godzilla King of the Monsters

What else is their?
"Listen kid... Theirs two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other Godzilla"- Captain Gordon Godzilla Final Wars