GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of the animated movie, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and a unnamed sequel.
User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10800
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 am

SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5272
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Godzillian » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 am

miguelnuva wrote:SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,

I fail to see how Spacegodzilla is better than Ghidorah. Its said by the aliens they've seen other planets destroyed by kaiju, they never say that a Godzilla like kaiju has been seen before
Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10800
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 am

Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,

I fail to see how Spacegodzilla is better than Ghidorah. Its said by the aliens they've seen other planets destroyed by kaiju, they never say that a Godzilla like kaiju has been seen before


They say they've seen something like Godzilla before or other events like Godzilla. Then with this incarnation being Godzilla Earth and battle with SpaceGodzilla sounded like it was being set up.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Only if it’s called “Godzilla Space”
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:13 pm

King of the Monsters wrote:Regarding SpaceGodzilla, it may simply come down to Renji Oki being unable to find a way to work him into the novels, as he has admitted. It's entirely possible Toho decided that SpaceGodzilla existed in the universe and asked Oki to use him, but Oki just couldn't find a way to fit him in. In the same interview where he mentions Bagan, Oki says that he couldn't find a way to use SpaceGodzilla, but proposes a hypothetical scenario for a third novel where he would have SpaceGodzilla be a space monster who attacks the civilization established by the passengers of the Oratio.

Yeah, SpaceG, and like, DesGhidorah, would probably be the hardest to fit into the series story wise.
Image

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5272
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Godzillian » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:25 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,

I fail to see how Spacegodzilla is better than Ghidorah. Its said by the aliens they've seen other planets destroyed by kaiju, they never say that a Godzilla like kaiju has been seen before


They say they've seen something like Godzilla before or other events like Godzilla. Then with this incarnation being Godzilla Earth and battle with SpaceGodzilla sounded like it was being set up.

When they said that they didn't mean Godzilla specifcally Like I said the aliens said that they have seen civilizations destroyed by kaiju just Like how Godzilla destroyed the humans.
Image

User avatar
Solia
Yojimbo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Solia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:I used to hate the "I wish it was SpaceGodzilla" argument but now I'm kind of in the same boat.

I'm getting kind of sick of new versions of the Big 5. The only exception is the Legendary films because that's a completely new playing field for the Big 5 and I'm very curious how they'll be portrayed in an American-made film. But these anime films? I can't help but think they'd be much better if they placed more one-shot kaiju in these roles.


Yes.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:47 am

UltramanGoji wrote:I used to hate the "I wish it was SpaceGodzilla" argument but now I'm kind of in the same boat.

I'm getting kind of sick of new versions of the Big 5. The only exception is the Legendary films because that's a completely new playing field for the Big 5 and I'm very curious how they'll be portrayed in an American-made film. But these anime films? I can't help but think they'd be much better if they placed more one-shot kaiju in these roles.


Pretty much how I feel.

Monsterverse is an exception cause hey it's the first time we'll see them done in a big budget Hollywood film and we were kind of robbed of that chance years ago with the G'98 debacle.
Image

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby gottatalktothefake » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 pm

A "Godzilla Space" completely made out of crystal would be really cool.
"I want Kong to pull a destroyah.......dissolve from his big form into thousands of monkeys with heart shaped assholes that go around the city stealing peoples belongings and causing mischief. Then as godzilla approaches they band together trip him and enter through his gills smearing poop all over and proceed to bite him giving him a monkey virus that causes Bruce Willis to show up wearing a God awful wig." -Goji89

User avatar
Tyrant28
Interpol Agent
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Tyrant28 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if in Planet Eater they have Godzilla “ascend” into a Space Godzilla (or Godzilla Space?) in order to defeat Ghidorah.
MrRockett wrote:They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4362
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

^^^that would be cool.

I actually like this Ghidorah because it’s fresh enough, pretty much the only monsters to ever really constrict Godzilla were the Heisei KG and biollante. Having Ghidorahs necks be super long are awesome.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?
Image

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:05 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?


Nope, just a novelization of Planet of the Monsters. Not even the same author.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Solia
Yojimbo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Solia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:51 am

GigaBowserG wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?


Nope, just a novelization of Planet of the Monsters. Not even the same author.


Wow that's really disappointing
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

User avatar
King of the Monsters
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby King of the Monsters » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 am

The author of the novelization seems to be aware people will be disappointed. When he introduced himself as the author on Twitter, he added "I'm sorry that I'm not Mr. Renji Oki."
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not the site on Wikia.


Return to “GODZILLA Anime Trilogy (2017-Current)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest